Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: RA to launch interim comp, Western Force to be included

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Clarke can't publicly admit to believing anything different because once he forms a belief that the business is no longer a going concern he then becomes liable for any trading whilst insolvent penalties.

This spin allows him the plausible deniability of saying he wasn't presented an accurate picture and it certainly looked like a going concern right up until he realised it wasn't at which point he put the business into voluntary liquidation.

The only other option he might have is the promised loan from World Rugby, he could be basing his lies on that and, if it doesn't save their bacon until the end of the reporting cycle all he needs to say is that they had budgeted for it to be more than they got.

You gotta read any of Clarke's comments with the arsehole shyster that he is in mind. I tend to look for what he's NOT saying
    Very good points, GIGS

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If Clarke “doesn’t believe” that RA is facing insolvency and is confident it is still a going concern, then why doesn’t he release the 2019 accounts to the member unions at least? It’s bullshit. Weasel words.

If KPMG - who have been their auditor mates for years - won’t sign the audit certificate, there is something seriously wrong with those accounts that can’t be hidden, even by Clarke.

If the Force do decide to team up with RA for 2020, it had better be on the Force’s terms and in a contract that the Minderoo lawyers have drawn up and have ensured contains no last minute Trojan horse additions by RA as happened with the 2016 Alliance Agreement.
    Earlier this week someone told me that the 19/20 accounts had been leaked online.

I haven't done any looking into it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Earlier this week someone told me that the 19/20 accounts had been leaked online.

Not the final accounts, more of a profit/loss

It was in the SMH a few days ago

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Not us,” said Davis. “I think it would be one of the minnows.”

It’s nice to see how NSW sees other participating states in “their” game.
    Yep that quote sums NSW up. Nothing is going to change.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

this one?

Name:  RUPA.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  119.3 KB

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    this one?

Buggered if I know.

Like I said I didn't look into it.

I'll start paying attention to Rugby again when local Rugby starts up again.

Senior Player
    vCash
    THU MAY 21, 2020 / 4:02 AM EDT

Rugby-Sunwolves unlikely to be in Australia competition - Rebels CEO

May 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Sunwolves are unlikely to take part in Australia's stand-in domestic competition with the country's four Super Rugby teams and Western Force because of logistical problems, the chief executive of the Melbourne Rebels said on Thursday.

With no realistic prospect of Super Rugby resuming any time soon because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Australia have followed New Zealand's lead by planning a 10-week replacement competition, which they hope will kick off in early July.

The involvement of the Perth-based Force, cut from Super Rugby in 2017, looks set to happen but getting the Sunwolves into Australia and through a two-week quarantine process was working against the Tokyo-based team, Baden Stephenson said.

"Things are progressing really well with the Force but I think the international border restrictions are probably going to make it pretty hard for Japan," he told reporters in Melbourne on Thursday.

"At one stage they were thinking about using their Australian and New Zealand players and some Japanese players but I think that the more they worked through the process the harder it is looking."

The Sunwolves, who are due to depart Super Rugby at the end of this season, had said they would be eager to participate in Rugby Australia's proposed tournament in July as it would allow the side to leave a legacy before their exit.

(Reporting by Nick Mulvenney, editing by Richard Pullin)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSL4N2D322F

vCash
    this one?

they got corporate and community rugby mixed up in the expenditures?
    i'd like to see a breakdown of the corporate $19million.
    is there anyone who could roughly explain what $19m gets you in the world of corporate rugby?
    i don't know if that figure is reasonable or not TBH

cider my arse

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    they got corporate and community rugby mixed up in the expenditures?
    i'd like to see a breakdown of the corporate $19million.
    is there anyone who could roughly explain what $19m gets you in the world of corporate rugby?
    i don't know if that figure is reasonable or not TBH
    I am struggling to understand how or why RugbyAustralia pays the Rugby Union Players Association.

Since when does "the man" pay the union? Surely that is the perfect example of a conflict of interest.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Seeing as this is a national domestic competition, Force should play as the Perth Spirit, that would be a laugh

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I am struggling to understand how or why RugbyAustralia pays the Rugby Union Players Association.

Since when does "the man" pay the union? Surely that is the perfect example of a conflict of interest.

Excellent question X. I had the same thought. It would be interesting to see how it came about and who were around the table at the time. Given the corruption evident in player contracting over the past couple of decades and which outfits have gained most, you could easily put your tinfoil hat on.

vCash
    My question is, with two lines for super rugby (super rugby teams at 6 million and super rugby and high performance at 24 million) another 9 million for national teams and high performance and 24 million for player payments and rupa, how the hell can they spend another 9 million on the wallabies team. OK 1. Illion of that will be the coaches salary, another 2 or 3 in assistant coaches etc, but surely not a cent of that money goes to players, given that there is a pool of roughly 70 million being directed to elite team costs. That doesn't count the sevens team which had its own line.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Actually in the 80s and 90s companies had to deduct union fees from workers and send to the unions. When the rules changed the unions went broke.

vCash
    Name:  F9169810-BED9-4C7F-B6A4-DD7B01F03AB8.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  132.8 KB

vCash
    That article has Clarke stating that the reason KPMG cant sign off is that RA need to show that they are a going concern for the current 12 months.
    Given that they are carrying forward a $6 million deficit, presumably not getting SR broadcast fees ATM, that they are still paying players and staff and have no broadcast deal in the cupboard; is a $14 million advance from WR adequate to say they are not trading insolvent again this year? There is a hell of a lot riding on Clarke's ability to sell the proposed 5 team Oz Rugby competition. Normally that would be a really hard ask, but given the current desperation for content at Fox, he might just pull a rabbit out of the hat. Maybe he should get Andrew Cox as CFO.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast