Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: RA to launch interim comp, Western Force to be included

vCash
    This one from Fox Sports yesterday https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...60142216789563 They're saying that the stumbling block will be a broadcast deal. I wonder if they've bothered to sound out whether the Western Force are even interested in leaving GRR in the lurch?

I return to my statement of a couple of days ago, Yeah the Force should play them, use it as a feeder comp for the real team playing GRR.

Why not treat the Super Rugby Force in the same way every other Australian team does?.....and call them the Perth Spirit!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This one from Fox Sports yesterday https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...60142216789563 They're saying that the stumbling block will be a broadcast deal. I wonder if they've bothered to sound out whether the Western Force are even interested in leaving GRR in the lurch?

I return to my statement of a couple of days ago, Yeah the Force should play them, use it as a feeder comp for the real team playing GRR.

Why not treat the Super Rugby Force in the same way every other Australian team does?.....and call them the Perth Spirit!
    I dont think these guys understand the concept of not leaving somebody in the lurch.
    They averted their eyes and blocked their ears, when the Force got axed.
    They did the same with the Sunwolves.
    Now they are talking about doing it to 4 South African and 1 Argy team.
    Then they think the Force will come running gratefully back to them in 2021 and leave the other 5 GRR teams in the lurch.

I dont believe Twiggy and the Sea of Blue will support that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I don't think there is any reason the Force couldn't play both, and the relative standard would be irrelevant. Could even be quite interesting, in that it might give a lot of scope for squad management. But they would want to ensure it provided zero entry for RA into control of GRR, or that they might find themselves in any sort of repeat of the past.

Because done intelligently, how long before the ES teams started complaining about the unfair advantage and demanding a piece...?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Because done intelligently, how long before the ES teams started complaining about the unfair advantage and demanding a piece...?
    I would think that won't occur as long as the Force are easily beaten in whatever Super Rugby becomes and they don't have problems contracting Force players to the other teams.

Both of which outcomes will be easily managed, The Super Rugby Force should be the feeder team, consisting of development players, castoffs from the other Super Rugby sides who show potential and club players on trial. By it's very nature that will be an unsettled team with some flashes of brilliance, but tough to argue that they will be at the pointy end of the ladder if handled that way.

By virtue of that, the players in the junior Force will be in lower demand that the contracted players in the big show, and therefore less likely to be wanted by the silvertails. If they are approached, they should be advised to screw as much money out of them as humanly possible before that avenue shuts down for good.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    That is fine if the money and standard in GRR were better than SR, but that is unrealistic anytime soon. Treating SR as a seconds would be fine if they are still competitive and win more than at least a few of the other teams, otherwise it will be a short-lived involvement. The Force would only ever be there under sufferance, so if they aren't going to actually try they are better sitting out.

Better option would be to use GRR to have a fully professional NRC team full of genuinely WA players, and a real SR team so they don't get poached away, and a long term plan to raise the quality of GRR so that the roles reverse.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    But I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction; the price of being involved in some future SR will be that GRR has to come under RA control...

Last edited by AndyS; 25-05-20 at 15:30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    But I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction; the price of being involved in some future SR will be that GRR has to come under RA control...
    If that's RA's price, then Forrest should Foxtrot Romeo Oscar from the negotiations and head straight for the nearest microphone to say why.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If that's RA's price, then Forrest should Foxtrot Romeo Oscar from the negotiations and head straight for the nearest microphone to say why.
    The RA (Rugby Australia) controlling teams from out side of Australia would silly anyway. They cannot even run rugby properly in their own country.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    You could reply with the fact that the Force have a "no dick-heads" rule (confirmed by Hodgo when we discussed it!)
    If it was Rugby Reg? I did reply #nodickheadsrule

His reply was "is that something new?"

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    If it was Rugby Reg? I did reply #nodickheadsrule

His reply was "is that something new?"
    Reg thinks he is being smart with those little innocent questions, but they are meant as actually sarcastic jibes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Reg thinks he is being smart with those little innocent questions, but they are meant as actually sarcastic jibes.
    My response would be no, but I can understand why an Eastern States rugby supporter doesn't understand it

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    well, considering Hodgo has only been recruiting the last 3 years I would say yes. It is new.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I can understand why an Eastern States rugby supporter doesn't understand it
    Looks like you were on the money GIGS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Looks like you were on the money GIGS.
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Yep.

I was. That's why the

But still you Are a a Rugby supporter in the ES and you did agree with Rugby Reg - sort of. So I couldn't pass up the banter opportunity. I thought you'd see it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yep.

I was. That's why the

But still you Are a a Rugby supporter in the ES and you did agree with Rugby Reg - sort of. So I couldn't pass up the banter opportunity. I thought you'd see it.
    X, you have to learn to stop leading with your chin

C'mon the

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast