Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: RA to launch interim comp, Western Force to be included

Senior Player
    vCash
    Godwin and Holmes Confirmed

https://www.westernforce.com.au/holmes-joins-front-row/
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/local-legend-returns/

Both arrived last night and are in hotel quarantine. They will join up with the rest of the team on the 25 June.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great news, but Jono Lance is the real need

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Godwin and Holmes Confirmed

https://www.westernforce.com.au/holmes-joins-front-row/
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/local-legend-returns/

Both arrived last night and are in hotel quarantine. They will join up with the rest of the team on the 25 June.
    I always remember Holmes at Subi v Ireland and his 330m break out try!

Bork bork

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the fitbit would have measured him as as having taken 500 steps(over 30 metres)LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Anyone seen a detailed list of the law variations proposed for this comp? Can't find one - even at Rugby AU. I've seen a couple of conflicting reports in the press, particularly covering the goal line drop re-start. One claiming that this applies a when a player is "held up" - which seems scant reward for the attacking team getting to the line in the first place. Another that it applies to reward "attacking kicks". That seems, considering the deep in-goals in Rugby, to be a recipe for a bomb-a-thon lottery with no downside should the defenders "diffuse" the bomb. The Mungos have the defenders tap re-start from the 20m with a 7 tackle set if the catch is on the full. "Held up" results in a 10 meter re-start with possession retained by the attacking team. So far both those proposals seem a negative for Rugby, to me at least.
    Hope this helps
    Goal-line drop-out
    There are two occasions where a goal-line drop-out will be used.

The first is when an attacking player carrying the ball is held up in-goal or knocks the ball on. Play will restart with a goal-line drop-out.

The same will occur when a kick enters the in-goal area and is forced down by the defending team.

The drop-out is taken anywhere on or behind the defending team’s goal-line and must be taken without delay. The ball must travel five metres forward, while the defence must be back five metres.

Defenders cannot charge over the five-metre line before the ball is kicked.

No marking in 22-metre area
    A kick originating in the attacking 22m area cannot be marked by the defending team within their own 22m area. This means that cross-field kicks cannot be marked if they are taken in front of the try line.

Waratahs players going about their business at training.
    Waratahs players going about their business at training. CREDIT:JANIE BARRETT
    The kick, however, can be marked within the defending team’s in-goal area. To claim a mark, a player will need to have at least one foot behind their own goal line when they catch the ball. Play will restart with a 22m line drop-out.

If the ball hits the posts and bounces into the in-goal area, a mark can still be claimed.

Replacement for red card
    If a player receives a red card, their team can bring a replacement back on after 20 minutes. This is to ensure results of games do not hinge solely on the fact a team is down a player for the majority of a match.

Highlanders player Tevita Nabura was red-carded in the 18th minute of a clash against the Waratahs in 2018. Under new rules, his team would be able to put on a replacement after 20 minutes.
    Highlanders player Tevita Nabura was red-carded in the 18th minute of a clash against the Waratahs in 2018. Under new rules, his team would be able to put on a replacement after 20 minutes. CREDIT:AAP
    If all substitutions have been used, however, the red-carded player cannot be replaced. It would be unlikely for a team to have emptied their entire bench by the 60-minute mark but if all forwards have been put on, for example, teams may be forced to put on an extra back in the case of an emergency.

50/22 and 22/50s
    A kick taken within the defending team’s half that travels into touch within the opposition’s 22m area, having first bounced in the field of play, results in a lineout throw to the kicking team.

The defending team cannot take the ball back into their 22m area before chancing their luck.

A lineout will also be awarded if a kick taken from within the defending team’s 22m area travels into touch within the opposition’s 50m area, having first bounced in the field of play.

It is a variation on rugby’s league’s 40/20 and being able to pull it off both ways adds an extra element of interest.

These two new rules don’t apply when a free kick has been awarded.

Super Time
    If scores are level at the end of 80 minutes, two five-minute halves will take place. The team that scores the first points in Super Time, be it a try or a penalty, wins the match.

The team that kicked off the match will kick-off in Super Time, with teams switching for a second five-minute period, if necessary.

There is no need to take a conversion if a try is scored in Super Time.

The losing team will receive a bonus point for coming within seven points.

RELATED ARTICLE
    The Wallabies leave the field after another Bledisloe Cup loss to New Zealand earlier this year.
    EXCLUSIVE
    AUSTRALIAN RUGBY
    'A new day': New rugby chair bullish on Australia's future
    Add to shortlist
    Australia's director of rugby Scott Johnson is confident the changes will be warmly received.

“We assembled some of the best minds in the game from a range of different roles to look at adding some new attacking dimensions to the game while at the same time sticking to some key principles to preserve the fabric of the sport,” Johnson said.

“A couple of the variations, including the 50/22 and 22/50s, have been trialled previously in the National Rugby Championship. We have added some principles around line drop-outs to encourage more short attacking kick options near the line, and Super Time tie-breaker in the event of a draw.

“We will also zero in on the application of law around the breakdown and scrums, trying to limit some of the down time and improve the flow of the game.

“Throughout the process we stuck to the principle that whatever we changed, the game still had to be rugby and nothing could compromise the Wallabies’ preparation for Test rugby. In fact, I believe the changes we have implemented will broaden and enhance the capabilities of our players.”

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Thanks SNOB.

Generally positive. Still a little unsure whether I like the "held up" issue. I can see the reasoning, so judgement reserved. I'd also like to see a little more "punishment" for bombs caught on the full in-goal. Perhaps the option of a tap kick so the defending team can either smash it down-field or retain posession from the 22-and a seven tackle set (just kiddin GIGS )

Last edited by shasta; 13-06-20 at 09:09.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't like the red card replacement bit. It turns the offence into a 20 min version of Yellow instead of the hard lesson it should be.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    For once I'm with you shasta, the kick to the in-goal isnt enough of a risk. I think at least the kick should be from the 22

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    For once I'm with you shasta, the kick to the in-goal isnt enough of a risk. I think at least the kick should be from the 22
    with or without the seven tackle set,Gigs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Don't like the red card replacement bit. It turns the offence into a 20 min version of Yellow instead of the hard lesson it should be.
    Agreed if the Kiwis didn’t tackle so high and lead with the shoulder to the upper torso/shoulder area they wouldn’t put themselves in this position.

Last edited by Bakkies; 14-06-20 at 16:32.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    with or without the seven tackle set,Gigs?
    Bit of a shit stirrer today gunny?

C'mon the

vCash
    bored!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    The hard lesson comes when the player faces the judiciary and gets wiped out for however many weeks. Too many times the game has been ruined as a spectacle for the fans on both sides when someone is red-carded, especially when it happens early in the game. I like the idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    The hard lesson comes when the player faces the judiciary and gets wiped out for however many weeks. Too many times the game has been ruined as a spectacle for the fans on both sides when someone is red-carded, especially when it happens early in the game. I like the idea.
    Well they don’t get wiped out for weeks. In regards to SANZAAR they don’t get wiped out at all!

It is the infringing player that ruins the spectacle not the referee following through the laws of the game.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jono Lance and Ollie Atkins Confirmed

https://www.westernforce.com.au/form...QlQV6PDxO_K_fs

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast