Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: RA to launch interim comp, Western Force to be included

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Well said. You have expressed what I should have said and better than I did.
    Ditto. If any localaly developed players want to come back - welcome home - if there are places for them. They shouldn't be penalised any further for the bastardry that the then ARU hit them with. That would not therefore include Deegan or Fines.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yes, unfortunately I think Deegan and Fines blew it.

vCash
    Yes, I agree that Deegan and fines shouldn't get an instant walk in to the force team, but they are player who would improve the standard and competitiveness of GRR.

I'd think they would fit well into one of the Asian teams and would make a lethal midfield combination if placed there together.

Marquee players contracted by grr was a thing initially. Why not now, with rugby Australia and particularly super rugby in its final death throes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It sounds like that may be something not lost on the Japanese. When times are tough and assets distressed, that is the time to buy if you are sure of your future. The Japanese seem to be in the market for players; similarly, if the GRR teams were looking to man up with quality, now would be the time. Just offering some certainty would be a big thing in negotiation at the moment.

vCash
    Now is the time to buy up all these cheap super rugby players and stack the 6-8 GRR teams with as much talent as possible and also cripple RugbyAustralia at the same time. They fucked us over pretty good forcing our best ever side to split up which was stacked with home grown talent with most of them relocating to Melbourne. Revenge is bitter sweet. Surely Twiggy should do this as a once off and leave RA to rot.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    It sounds like that may be something not lost on the Japanese. When times are tough and assets distressed, that is the time to buy if you are sure of your future. The Japanese seem to be in the market for players; similarly, if the GRR teams were looking to man up with quality, now would be the time. Just offering some certainty would be a big thing in negotiation at the moment.

Can the Panasonics buy the rebels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    For $1? Probably

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Brumbies expect Force to bring the heat in Super Rugby AU

Yesterday at 5:24 PM Super Rugby
    by Beth Newman

Brumbies assistant coach Peter Hewat expects the Force to bring some extra hunger into the slated Super Rugby AU competition next month.
    The Force were axed from Super Rugby in 2017 and have since played in their own Asia Pacific tournaments and the NRC, taking out both competitions last year.

With Super Rugby's usual format and the Force's Global Rapid Rugby competition impossible to complete amid the coronavirus pandemic, the WA franchise have agreed to be part of a Super Rugby AU competition to kick off on July 4.

Rugby Australia still needs broadcasters to tick off the amended format to get the green light for the competition but the Force's agreement was a pivotal addition.

While the Force will likely come into the competition as relative underdogs, Hewat expected them to bring plenty of heat.

"They've been together for a few years now, that group's been pretty stable and a lot of those players would probably have how the Brumbies started back in the day...so I'd imagine they'd have a big point to prove," he said.

"Any team can beat any of the other teams on the day it's just a matter of with the travel playing away games, playing home games, haven't seen a schedule in regards to that but I'd imagine away games are going to be very challenging this year so anything's possible."

Hewat said it would be great to have another Australian clash to prepare for.

"Really looking forward to that," he said.

"Looking forward to, obviously we're not allowed to cross any borders as such, international borders or some domestic borders. Really excited not only for us but for them.

"They've obviously made a lot of noise and they're excited to be back in the comp and we're excited to have them back in the comp and to be playing against them. Another team, another opposition, another Australian derby, we're very excited about that.

Brumbies backrower Pete Samu said it felt "right" to have the WA team in the competition.

I think having the Force in, it's a massive step up for this competition to go forward. Having those guys, I think it's only right that they're in this competition and they've got some quality players so I think everyone's pretty keen to get stuck in on July 4.

Samu also hoped there could be the prospect of a trans-Tasman playoff should international

Currently, the Australian competition is planning on a 10-week regular season with two weeks of domestic finals but a number of coaches and players have welcomed the prospect of crossing with the Super Rugby Aotearoa in a playoff or finals series.

"That'd be awesome," he said.

"Those guys having their comp starting up pretty soon I'd love to have that go forward that trans-Tasman final between us two. It'd be quite cool to get some pay out of the hard work we've been putting on."

For the Brumbies, who were off to a flying start in Super Rugby this season and had a comfortable lead at the top of the Australian conference when the season was shut down, the major challenge will be continuing their early momentum in this new competition.

Any Super Rugby points will be erased for this competition and Samu said the team's focus was on ensuring they continued their momentum.

"The boys have got to start from scratch but the boys are pretty keen to get out there July 4th so I think the boys will do everything they can to keep that momentum going from when we finished off," he said.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...mu-hewat-force

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Samu
    They've obviously made a lot of noise and they're excited to be back in the comp
    Ummm...I think you're reading too much into the situation there Pete. More a matter of luke warm acceptance of the least worst option for 2020. Stick to what you know about.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    WA being in the box seat for a change is very refreshing indeed.

Just wish Clarke wasn’t in the mix!!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    For $1? Probably
    Poisoned chalice meet begging bowl!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    I think the Japanese u derstand the cost-return model a bit better than Andrew cox mate

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ummm...I think you're reading too much into the situation there Pete. More a matter of luke warm acceptance of the least worst option for 2020. Stick to what you know about.
    To be fair, everything that anybody at the force has said about joining has been repeated a hundredfold by the RA propaganda unit, so it has turned a lukewarm whisper int "a lot of noise" Typical RA hype, I hope the force can bring some substance

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think the Japanese u derstand the cost-return model a bit better than Andrew cox mate
    They will then be accountable to shareholders.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    They will then be accountable to shareholders.
    So are you suggesting that rugby Australia will block the sale citing "accountability irregularities"

C'mon the

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast