Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forget the Kiwis, Australian rugby's future is local

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Someone put up an article on the Roar about buying shares in to the Wallabies like the Force did with the Own the Force release.

Of course there were naysayers saying it would be too risky having private ownership and a say in the National team. It already is occurring overseas that’s why we are behind other countries.

England and Ireland have supporters clubs which give priority for members to purchase test tickets. Local clubs also sell tickets via their own ticket officer to paid up club members and patrons. Fans pick them up at local businesses who support their clubs. That’s why tests sell out there.

Ireland has ten year ticket sales for Lansdowne Road when the first 10 year ticket sales were due to expire and they were instantly snapped up. Guaranteed revenue. Wales have debenture holders. Easy to do when you play tests at the same venue but nothing to stop the Wallabies from having a membership club or scheme where the money raised goes in to the national team. I think there was something similar done in the past.

Schools used to get ticket allocations here to tests that’s why you used to see rows of kids in uniforms.

Now when the Wallabies play the ABs in Sydney take away the ANZ Stadium memberships and corporate box holders the RA probably have to sell over 55,000 tickets via Ticketmaster or Ticketek who probably collect a fee.

The IRFU only really have to sell 20,000 tickets to a test which is often done via clubs. Take away the ten year ticket holders, corporates and debenture holders it is not much to sell. Money is already in the bank. Six Nations tickets rarely go on public sale. It is similar in England.

Instead of shooting stones at the Europeans it is high time we look at what works.
    There was a membership to the Wallabies called WallabiesOne (I think). For a long time there was a waiting list a mile long and the cost to join was over a Thousand Dollars.

I have no idea if it still exists, if there is still a waiting list to join now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    My apologies all.

The Wallabies membership is called Wallabies 1st and Wallabies 1stPLUS

link here

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    My apologies all. The Wallabies membership is called Wallabies 1st and Wallabies 1stPLUS link here
    Why would anybody pay that? For that sort of money you can but 173.85 super rugby teams!

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    well in the early 2000s when it was worth watching at the Olympic Stadium. Stadium Australia, Telstra Stadium, ANZ Stadium was being packed out with 100,000 people for a Bledisloe - HELL YEAH. That membership got you tickets on the halfway line. Got you in the member's bar away from the common folk. It didn't get you Tickets - but you got you access to the best tickets. And Like I said in my initial post - there was a waiting list to join.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    And now, they would struggle to fill North sysdney oval and you'd be admitting that you are keen to pay overs for tickets you could buy at the gate.

I bet scalpers don't even bother buying wallabies tickets any more they'd sell them at a loss wouldn't they?

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2