Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future Force academy

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Pruc, You may have to eat those words, in a few months, when the Force play "the best in the country that's super rugby"
    Read what I said - there's nothing to eat. I want the Force to be successful, I hope there is a time where a local player doesn't have to pick between higher honours (Wallabies) or staying in Perth. But as it is, that's the case.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    Take of those Force tinted glasses. There is no way any player not playing super rugby would make the wallabies (nor should they!). The force play in a substandard league (if you can even call it a league), for developing players they need to be training, playing against the best in the country, that's super rugby. So to think a force player is going to play for the wallabies given the current standard is ridiculous.

Look at it for what it is, we still have a ''pro team'', we still offer pathways for up and coming players but at this current time the pathway leads to players moving onto bigger and better things then just playing for the Force.
    100% agreed.

Gday pruc - great to see you mate. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Read what I said - there's nothing to eat. I want the Force to be successful, I hope there is a time where a local player doesn't have to pick between higher honours (Wallabies) or staying in Perth. But as it is, that's the case.
    "So to think a force player is going to play for the wallabies given the current standard is ridiculous."

You can only play who is put in front of you. The Vikings had a bunch of contracted Super players and a couple of recent fringe Wallabies in their NRC team and the Force whacked them.
    Surely that should mean the Force should also have a few fringe Wallabies who at least make the training squad list as well? You bet the Vikings will, just because they also played a couple of Super games for Brumbies.

Anyway nice to see we both want the Force to be successful.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    They made their choices. We have new players now.

These guys should head to Japan. Seems to be where lots of Premiership players are headed.
    Agree Alison, they made their bed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    At the time they signed the contracts (which was during the NRC, IIRC - there was talk of them leaving then) the Wallabies were still Cheika's side and even if they had been promised that Force players would be eligible for Wallaby selection after the RWC, only one Force player had been selected for a representative side, and that was Rocket Rod for the 7s. I wouldn't blame any player for feeling that actions speak louder than promises and if they wanted to represent Australia they needed to have a Super Rugby contract with Rugby Australia rather than a Force contract with Rugby WA.
    So they made their decision and now things haven't turned out for them! I agree with Ali, we have new players now and I"ll be supporting them. If we have positions available well and good if not they are on their own!

vCash
    Take of those Force tinted glasses. There is no way any player not playing super rugby would make the wallabies (nor should they!). The force play in a substandard league (if you can even call it a league), for developing players they need to be training, playing against the best in the country, that's super rugby. So to think a force player is going to play for the wallabies given the current standard is ridiculous.

Look at it for what it is, we still have a ''pro team'', we still offer pathways for up and coming players but at this current time the pathway leads to players moving onto bigger and better things then just playing for the Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Pruc, You may have to eat those words, in a few months, when the Force play "the best in the country that's super rugby"
    For now, I agree with Pruc, it's no secret the standard of GRR is below the standard of Super Rugby, but to be fair, JSJ might be right as well, because the standard of all Aussie teams is below the standard of Super Rugby.

Look at the NRC, the Force looked comfortable against all the teams, including the Rebs and Vikings who named essentially their SR teams without Wallabies. so we might be playing in a league that is on the improve, but we're not far from the current Aussie standard

C'mon the

vCash
    I cant have any ill feeling towards any of them. The whole point of being a pro player is to work as hard as you can to get to the highest level possible. I had hoped that considering everything that has happened, and particularly the state of the finances, the Rabble would be consigned to history and we could welcome back a lot of the WA developed players. Now they have their man sitting behind the big desk. I'm FIIK where things go from here.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I’m holding out hope that when the true disastrous state of the books finally gets released, and forensic adminstrators get a look, that the whole fiasco of the Rebels is brought out into the open at last. Maybe that’s why Clarke wants the desk so he can do another coverup.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I’m holding out hope that when the true disastrous state of the books finally gets released, and forensic adminstrators get a look, that the whole fiasco of the Rebels is brought out into the open at last. Maybe that’s why Clarke wants the desk so he can do another coverup.
    I think he'll
    make sure the books are buried under a few loads of concrete and never see the light of day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2