Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Has GRR been cancelled this year?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Imagine if they pressured WA to cancel GRR so the Force could attend the new comp, only to then throw a big fuck you aka the Aliance agreement and tell them they are no longer welcome. I hope we havent been gullible enough to be burned again. We have alot of form with this. Our powers signing over the club aka. the Aliance agreement was the worst decision ever made for our club, and I still hate that administration for being stupid enough to trust the ARU/RA when they didnt do anything for us but shaft us historically with funding and every other decision. I felt GRR made amends, but to be fucked over again would be a really bitter pill to swallow.
    Yes, you're right. RA cooked up Covid-19 as part of an anti-Force conspiracy. The lockdowns across the world are all to stop GRR from playing a full season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yep,you are right onto it WCRugger,i reckon those vaccinations have something to do with it too

vCash
    I thought it was a raw Pangolin.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    actually it is the 5G network that is responsible,but I didn't want to let the secret out

vCash
    Raw pangolins can pick up 5G

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    actually it is the 5G network that is responsible,but I didn't want to let the secret out
    Our lips are sealed. Dead set.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Everyone knows Covid-19 was created by the Rand corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires.

We're through the looking glass here people.

Last edited by jargan83; 19-04-20 at 22:14.

Player
    vCash
    There is a very valid point here though —- In how we re engage with ARU
    Great opportunities for our players to show their skills and hopefully smash the ERU Teams
    No way should we ever be shackled to or Submerged in their management Structure having been so criminally treated in the past
    NO forgiveness
    We have to maitain our momentum and the spirit that has developed GRR and kept our team alive
    Fair enough we will have to be realistic with future comps but act from a position of strength ( moral and financial as well as rugby form)
    And never to be sucked in by that mob again

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Jebus Jargan, be careful.

You could be killed for revealing that!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So everyone here believes RA wont turn around and exclude the Force now that GRR is cancelled leaving us with our tail between our legs?

Lots of trust you guys have here for RA, I hope its warranted.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Mate theres one simple equation in this as well! We've Got The Farken Coin! They Don't. Now that the thief Clyne has gone whats the chances they're tapping Twiggy on the shoulder asking us strongly to consider coming back to help them out.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    But that is far more complicated than it sounds. My take on the supposed SR hybrid this year was that it was this year alone, designed to keep RA's head above water. For mine, if that were to involve the Force then I hope it is made worth their while, but if things conspire to make that not possible they are no worse off than they would have been anyway.

But muuuccchhh bigger question going forward, as the Force has made commitments to GRR and it's participants. I would hate to see the Force "Rugby Australia" those guys, so would hope that any supposed ongoing involvement with some future SR replacement would involve a completely separate team additional to the current Force. But if so, it becomes entirely a matter for Andrew Forrest, as he would be the one picking up the tab. Especially if RA were expecting a big contribution to the running of their comp, a la the Sunwolves. It could certainly have advantages, but I think it could be very difficult to maintain an appropriate separation between the two. Might strain the supporter base a little too, having two teams playing at the same time.

My personal opinion - if RA is envisaging anything, it is GRR as second division SR, with GRR revenues and AF all helping big to pay for the first division...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Everyone knows Covid-19 was created by the Rand corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires.

We're through the looking glass here people.
    Name:  Rand.png
Views: 433
Size:  33.8 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    So everyone here believes RA wont turn around and exclude the Force now that GRR is cancelled leaving us with our tail between our legs?

Lots of trust you guys have here for RA, I hope its warranted.
    Not sure what that has been posted here that would lead you to the conclusion that we would trust the current RA mob as far as we could spit them.

Similar to Andy's thought, if there was a hybrid SR comp in 2020 and we were invited, I'd want the Force to receive equal TV rights and an equal chance to win any prize money (if any), but also want the deal reviewed with a fine-tooth comb to make sure that they couldn't use the fact that we've signed a deal to indicate that we were back under their control in any way. I'd also want the Force to include in the deal that we own our license again, and a written agreement that they will not interfere with GRR in any way in the future.

2021 should be back to normal (virus-willing) with the re-start of the GRR. Due to the underwriting of this comp by some big backers (or have they all disappeared and it's just Forrest?) GRR should be in a much better financial position than SR (even given Forrest's dividends may have taken a hit!)

If SANZAAR falls apart due to lack of money and teams folding and/or Argentina and South Africa wanting to play in Europe, the SR teams will be plundered by Europe/GRR for players, and the SR academies can apply to become GRR Division 2. We might even allow promotion/relegation.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Thats a reasonable summary Sheikh.

Even before Codvid19 really took off, I thought there was a strong chance that GRR would have another team in Australia in 2021, most likely in Newcastle. The Force preseason games against Eastwood and Newcastle, in my view, was all about Twiggy building support in NSW for another GRR team.
    If RA and Super Rugby collapses in 2020, then that 2nd Aussie GRR team might be called the Tahs !
    Then there could be another genuine Kiwi team, besides the Bay of Plenty/Shanghai, as the 8th GRR team.

Even if Super Rugby survives next year, I imagine, all the Australian, and even most Kiwi and South African teams will be on much tighter budgets and smaller squads in 2021 and will shed players. So their player managers, will on the phone to Mark Evans, Hodgo and the Newcastle GRR team manager straight away.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast