Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End of an era as North retires from Rugby Victoria

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

End of an era as North retires from Rugby Victoria

No it is not April Fools Day Ali or fake news, this is the real thing.

Last night’s Rugby Victoria AGM marked the end of, arguably, the most significant era of growth and engagement in the history of Rugby Victoria with President Tim North confirming his retirement after ten years leading Rugby in the state.

Tim began his tenure in on the then Victorian Rugby Union (VRU) Board in 2006 before becoming President in 2010.

It was an auspicious and special time when the Melbourne Rebels were preparing for their first match of Super Rugby and the community game was beginning to flourish across Victoria.

Tim’s intellect, resilience and care have been hallmarks of his outstanding leadership throughout his 14 years of service; a time in which he also has also provided invaluable counsel to the Melbourne Rebels, having also been a Board Member at various times over the decade and continuously since 2017.

Speaking at the RV AGM last night, Tim told his many friends and colleagues present he was honoured and privileged to have been part of such a hardworking and driven group of volunteers and professionals.

“The RV Board I am leaving is a hard-working bunch of extraordinary people who have the game’s best interests at heart.

I will continue to work for Rugby in other ways, including on the Rebels Board, to grow the game and participation.

“Being the President of Rugby in Victoria has been a special and privileged position to be elected to and I wish to express my thanks to all clubs and all members of the Rugby community for your support over the years.

“The connection between the Rebels and Rugby Victoria is unique within Australian Rugby and I know will continue to be very effective into the future.

“My thanks to the staff of Rugby Victoria, especially Chris Evans as GM of RV, who has helped me more than any other and who consistently serve our constituents with excellence.”

Mr North’s successor will be long-time Rugby Victoria Director and current Melbourne Rebels Director, Neil Hay, who was elected unopposed at last night’s AGM.

Owain Stone was reappointed to the position of Finace Director for a two year term and James Liley was appointed to the position of Director for a two year term.

https://melbournerebels.rugby/news/2...rth-steps-down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Retiring from where the money isn't to carry on where the money is.

A good personal strategy.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm where the money isn't Hate to think where I'd end up if I retired from it...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Champion
    vCash
    I don't think I have ever read such a sycophantic load of bullshit.
    I wonder if he remembers if someone took it to his office, left it on his desk for his secretary to photo-copy.

Champion
    vCash
    And just in case anyone has forgotten what a lovely bloke North is here's a couple of reminders - not that I'm bitter or anything.

Rugby Australia emails show Western Force didn’t stand a chance
    Nick Taylor, Exclusive
    PerthNow
    December 3, 2017 12:02PM
    FURTHER evidence has emerged that Rugby Australia helped orchestrate the sale of the Melbourne Rebels to the Victorian Rugby Union, effectively signing the Western Force’s Super Rugby death warrant.
    Details have surfaced in an email, obtained by The Sunday Times, that was sent from RA’s former legal counsel Richard Hawkins to VRU chairman Tim North.
    It was sent on July 11, less than a month before RA closed the Force.
    X
    Meanwhile The Sunday Times has obtained the Special Funding Agreement between RA and the Rebels that handed them $4.5 million over two years.
    The confidential document, signed by RA’s outgoing chief executive Bill Pulver and chairman Cameron Clyne, and Rebels chairman Tim North and director Owen Stone, is dated October 6, one month after the Force was chopped.
    X
    The West Australian has a letter from RugbyWA lawyers Lavan to Tim North, president of the VRU that owns the Rebels, after it bought the Super Rugby licence for $1 from private owner Andrew Cox last month.
    The letter claims Mr North told Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry in June he was given a copy of the agreement while RugbyWA was at the centre of the battle to stay alive.

Champion
    vCash
    Actually, who am I trying to fool. I am bitter and always will be but North may well be sitting on a board without a club soon.
    Let's face it Australian Rugby Super sides are about to fall into a great big financial hole.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Tim North is the worst piece of human detritus I have ever had the misfortune to come across. There are no adjectives in the entire Oxford English Dictionary that are bad enough to describe this human being. I wish him every failure in his future endeavours.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Actually, who am I trying to fool. I am bitter and always will be but North may well be sitting on a board without a club soon.
    Let's face it Australian Rugby Super sides are about to fall into a great big financial hole.
    I really hope so. Really desperately hope so. If the Australian taxpayer ends up bailing out Rugby Australia and by extension the Rebels, I’ll be screaming from the rooftops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Tim North is the worst piece of human detritus I have ever had the misfortune to come across. There are no adjectives in the entire Oxford English Dictionary that are bad enough to describe this human being. I wish him every failure in his future endeavours.
    He has done an Uncle Cam by clinging on to his lunches by staying on the board.

The journalists have done nothing to scrutinise the Rebels lack of transparency in regards to their financial position over the past five years.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I don't think even de Clyne pushed your buttons that much Alison?

Last edited by andrewM; 19-03-20 at 21:04.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Not sure how the Foxtel money is paid to RA, but the AFL and NRL are apparently paid weekly as the "product" is delivered. Both have said a shut out would quickly become catastrophic. I imagine similar arrangements would apply. They could easily be insolvent very quickly and Norths ride on the gravy train a brief one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Nope. Clyne was North’s puppet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Alan Jones laid the boot in to uncle Cam’s Melbourne connections last week.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Nope. Clyne was North’s puppet.
    I remember at the Senate Inquiry, Senator Linda Reynold made mincemeat of him and the audience laughing out aloud at one un-funny responses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Alan Jones laid the boot in to uncle Cam’s Melbourne connections last week.
    Did he mention anything about any connections between Clyne and anyone at ASIC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast