Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 / Corona Virus ...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Are they cancelling crowds to super rugby games or is there still a semblence of common sense in the SANZAAR game.

I would much rather take the risk than be locked up like a caged animal to avoid a virus that has less chance of knocking me over than my local bus driver.
    They've only cancelled one so far I believe - and that being a match played in Argentina

Highlanders / Jaguares
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...hs-coronavirus

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 13-03-20 at 12:12. Reason: added link
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    So is every school cancelled
    Every uni shut down
    Every major shopping centre closed
    The Perth CBD closed
    Cottosloe beach closed
    Scarborough closed

Where the fuck are you meant to draw the line. 500 is a stupid number to throw out there. So many places have 500 or so people gather.

This country has become a nanny state, how embarassing.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    someone at the Rebels Lions last weekend game tested positive.

---8<---8<---8<---
    AAMI Park is set to undergo an "intense cleaning" process after a man who attended last weekend's Rebels-Lions match tested positive

In an email sent to members and fans on Wednesday, the Rebels confirmed they had been made aware of a person with the virus attending Saturday's Rebels-Lions match.

With the man's identity being kept private, the club confirmed the man was sitting in section 9 but couldn't be sure exactly where he was sitting in the game, but the lower seating bowl of the ground is being closed temporarily for cleaning.

In the email, Rebels CEO Baden Stephenson said that they were not aware of anyone else who tested positive or was at a major risk of contracting the virus from the man.

"Through our liaison with the DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services) we understand that they will be in contact with anyone whom they trace to having had close contact with the gentleman and we are not aware of any such persons at this stage," he said.

"As a precautionary measure the seating bowl of AAMI Park has been closed with MOPT (Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust) to deploy an intensive cleaning regime over the coming week.

"We remain in constant liaison with MOPT, Rugby Australia and other Australian Super Rugby teams. Should we receive any further significant information regarding this matter, we will be in contact again."

At this stage, the club email read, anyone working or sitting in section 9, where the man would be considered "casual contacts", meaning they could go about their usual business.

If they become unwell before March 21, those people are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19.

Fears of the spread of coronavirus have already caused both the AFL and NRL to plan for playing matches behind closed doors while overseas, three Six nations matches have been postponed until October.

The Rebels are on a bye this week but next week host the Sunwolves at AAMI Park on Friday night.

At this stage, there is no suggestion that players or that match will be affected.

Rugby Australia released a statement on Wednesday evening, confirming that all Super Rugby players and Aussie Sevens players were being monitored for any signs of illness.

Chief medical officer Warren McDonald said there was regular communication between teams, Rugby Australia and SANZAAAR about the best way to manage the outbreak.

“Rugby Australia, in conjunction with SANZAAR has been monitoring the developments regarding Coronavirus since the initial outbreak in Asia in January, and we are continuing to share information and updates daily, as well as meeting formally on a weekly basis as the situation continues to evolve," he said.

“There is a lot of misinformation in the public about the virus and the most important advice for the rugby community is to follow the advice of the health authorities and focus on good hygiene practices as the best preventative measure.

“We are being guided by the advice from the authorities and have taken some additional steps with regards to the monitoring of players and staff within our organisations and will continue to communicate the latest developments and make information available to those within our community."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...k-corona-virus

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    i'll be wearing one of these
    Attachment 5542

they will space the crowd out, so it will probably look like a rebels home game
    Even with those, there'll be more than 27 people there

Guaranteed

C'mon the

vCash
    Watching Scotty from Marketing now:

All overseas travel should be reconsidered, only essential travel should go forward.

Advice regarding gatherings to kick in on Monday.

vCash
    The media and governments are obviously being influenced by these pesky epidemiologists, AMA branch presidents etc who obviously don't know shit. I much prefer to look at this problem through the prism of what pleases me. It tends to block out all this pathetic noise about virus clinics struggling to cope already. And what about these triage doctors fearing that they will be forced to decide who lives and dies on the basis of age and overall health; if containment is not attempted pretty much immediately? Wankers.

I suppose I should put one of these. here just in case. Just in case someone with poor comprehension takes it the wrong way.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Super Rugby doesn't attract more than 500 people
    You win the Internet today

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Just saw on another website that both the State and Federal Governments are going to release advice to cancel all public gatherings of 500 people or more.
    To take effect from Monday though.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    To take effect from Monday though.
    Updated 2 posts above yours

vCash
    Super Rugby doesn't attract more than 500 people
    Ill admit, that was a good line!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Are they cancelling crowds to super rugby games or is there still a semblence of common sense in the SANZAAR game.

I would much rather take the risk than be locked up like a caged animal to avoid a virus that has less chance of knocking me over than my local bus driver.
    They will have to postpone matches. Players overseas and managers in various sports including Rugby have tested positive from contact on their travels and from other players.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    They've only cancelled one so far I believe - and that being a match played in Argentina

Highlanders / Jaguares
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...hs-coronavirus
    Sunwolves and Top League matches in Japan have been cancelled up until May at least.

GRR will be affected too.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Shasta, those Doctors will deny you treatment because of your old age.

By the way, I'm running a good discount on wills for crochety old buggers with pots of money at the moment.

Interested?

vCash
    Is this the era where we finally cull the cheerleaders. No more Monty Python jokes... bring on COVID19!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Shasta, those Doctors will deny you treatment because of your old age.

By the way, I'm running a good discount on wills for crochety old buggers with pots of money at the moment.

Interested?
    Nice to see that community spirit is still alive and kicking

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast