Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Panda's big fat Sydney Hospital wedding

Senior Player
    vCash

Panda's big fat Sydney Hospital wedding

No wonder Raelene is not visiting WA (except for government handouts) ....

Name:  Rugby's bold combined club vision.jpg
Views: 4722
Size:  174.6 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    So if NRC is going to be replaced by this abomination:

• Fijian Drua will be gone
    • Melbourne Rising most likely will be gooorne

Fiji Latui in GRR will be their team in that case ... playing the Force, etc

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If that is where they are heading, I seriously think the rest of the states should say thanks but no thanks. Keep the NRC going, see if Samoa wants a side, five teams home and away, then really work at getting Newcastle and Adelaide involved. Might need to actually work at all of them being real development sides, but still better than that dogs breakfast.

I wonder how much money RA will pour into it, when they weren't willing to put a cent into the NRC...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Not very "National" is it.

vCash
    I think underlining this great 'Plan' is obviously the Ol' boys were shitty about NRC with Sydney's reluctance to support it compounded by the success of Fiji and Force winning (hammering their sides). In addition RA have spent as minimal as poss money on running NRC, and probably hoping they can pin their hopes on squeezing some financial gain out of the Shite Shield. I think the SS are in for a nasty surprise in the long run as with anything done by RA always stinks to high heaven.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Rethinking what I said before about happy to go to see the Wallabies in Perth this year if this means the NRC is history

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    So if NRC is going to be replaced by this abomination:

• Fijian Drua will be gone
    • Melbourne Rising most likely will be gooorne

Fiji Latui in GRR will be their team in that case ... playing the Force, etc
    Melbourne are listed as a possible Div 2 team. No way the VRU will allow them to miss out.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    If that is where they are heading, I seriously think the rest of the states should say thanks but no thanks. Keep the NRC going, see if Samoa wants a side, five teams home and away, then really work at getting Newcastle and Adelaide involved. Might need to actually work at all of them being real development sides, but still better than that dogs breakfast.

I wonder how much money RA will pour into it, when they weren't willing to put a cent into the NRC...
    Yup, I reckon.

Also, Pandaram's article seems to another case of News Corp blustering bluff and bullsh!t

RA may well still be scrapping NRC, but they're not admitting to it quite yet. Detail of their press release as seen at GAGR is below (I don't have a link to the original, just the post):

Quote Originally Posted by HJ Nelson, post: 1119996, member: 11984
    RA Media Release on National Club Competition

Rugby Australia is set to begin its market process for the 2021-2025 media rights in the coming days.

It has been reported in media today that a new national club competition could form part of the ‘whole of Rugby’ package of rights to be presented to broadcasters.

Rugby Australia wishes to confirm that it has investigated the establishment of a national club competition ahead of its media rights negotiations, however the final competition format will not be determined until further consultation with the successful broadcaster, the State and Territory member unions, and the clubs.

The National Rugby Championship (NRC) will continue in its current format in 2020 and continues to be part of the discussion for 2021 and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post

This is the deal RA has done with the SRU, NSWRU and QRU to beef up its TV rights package.

vCash
    Oddly enough I got an email from the Rats Arse asking if I wanted to take a survey. The prize being flights and tickets to the Bledisloe cup game in Wellington this year. Last question was 'Tell us what the Wallabies mean to you'. My answer below

I can tell you what Test Rugby used to mean to me, but now I am not sure. I used to enjoy watching players from the local comp and from the Force Academy, progress throught the NRC and the Force and see a few of them get a gig with the Wallabies. It was awesome. Now, the Wallabies coach says he's not interested in even considering Force players for Wallabies selection and the other bloke says we should be honoured that the Super teams are even considering taking Force players. Now I learn today that even the NRC is under threat and that the Force or any other WA team will be excluded from this wonderful club championship you are proposing. So much for making amends. Go stick it and your comp where the sun doesn't shine RA!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm guessing you won't be randomly selected to win the prize.

Mind you, I'm guessing no-one from WA would win the prize due to the extra cost of the tickets. Mysteriously the winner will come from the east coast.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This is the deal RA has done with the SRU, NSWRU and QRU to beef up its TV rights package.
    They could not afford 5 Super pro teams, that is why the Force were axed.
    They cannot apparently support 6 semi-pro NRC teams for 2 months ( exclude Force and Fiji, who they do not support)

How are these cash strapped clubs and the RA now going to afford 20 semi-pro NCC sides for a whole season of travelling backwards and forwards between Sydney and Brisbane, as well as the 4 Super sides??

Anyway lets look on the bright side. It could develop into nice feeder competition for cashed-up GRR sides. All these semi-pro players will be looking for full time pro GRR contracts in no time.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It’s fairly likely this is all pie in the sky stuff anyway, can anyone believe that RA would ever be capable of organising anything like this anyway? It’s purely more gobbledygook spin hoping to pump some interest from a broadcaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Oddly enough I got an email from the Rats Arse asking if I wanted to take a survey. The prize being flights and tickets to the Bledisloe cup game in Wellington this year. Last question was 'Tell us what the Wallabies mean to you'. My answer below

I can tell you what Test Rugby used to mean to me, but now I am not sure. I used to enjoy watching players from the local comp and from the Force Academy, progress throught the NRC and the Force and see a few of them get a gig with the Wallabies. It was awesome. Now, the Wallabies coach says he's not interested in even considering Force players for Wallabies selection and the other bloke says we should be honoured that the Super teams are even considering taking Force players. Now I learn today that even the NRC is under threat and that the Force or any other WA team will be excluded from this wonderful club championship you are proposing. So much for making amends. Go stick it and your comp where the sun doesn't shine RA!
    The succession plan needs to be thrown at them. Stokes, Twiggy and Leckie leading. Whether it is WA going on their own with others following suit or a faction will go rogue. To get this working you need businessmen not shysters like uncle Cam finding his mates.

This competition has potential if farkwits like uncle Cam weren’t anywhere near it. These three names are Rugby people and there are Australians abroad who can link up with the likes of CVC to generate the revenue so they can play at reasonable stadiums with the reserve grades and have their under age flowing through. That’s how the French operate. If you can’t comply financially go to a level where you are fit to play.

Get it wrong like the English and you have big clubs running up big debts. That makes what the Rebels debt looks like chump change.

Last edited by Bakkies; 13-02-20 at 20:55.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast