Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Panda's big fat Sydney Hospital wedding

  1. #16
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,738
    vCash
    5078000
    Almost tempted to say they're scrapping the NRC just 'cause the Force won it!!!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  2. #17
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,597
    vCash
    3174000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Hopefully it's going to be a force/Fiji final this year and the winner can keep their trophy.


    It's the most expensive thing ra has put into nrc apart from the rising

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  3. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Highgate
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    5002000
    My Guess is that it will not be a full blown league, but a Cup or Shorten league that would be played in the same Period the NRC is played now. I dont see how RA hasnt learnt from Super rugby and lack of "tribalisim" that they always harp on about. A game between melbourne/penrith and Easts in brisbane is hardly going to have tribalisim?

    if they play it in the same way as the FFA cup in soccer does , and includes Perth Gold players (ie no pro force guys) in it could work out alright.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #19
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,314
    vCash
    5194000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugbybob View Post
    My Guess is that it will not be a full blown league, but a Cup or Shorten league that would be played in the same Period the NRC is played now. I dont see how RA hasnt learnt from Super rugby and lack of "tribalisim" that they always harp on about. A game between melbourne/penrith and Easts in brisbane is hardly going to have tribalisim?

    if they play it in the same way as the FFA cup in soccer does , and includes Perth Gold players (ie no pro force guys) in it could work out alright.
    But why would they include Perth? Assuming a 32 team competition (5 rounds) and budgeting for the Perth team to reach the final, that requires 5 rounds of someone making the flight across the Nullarbor.

    Using even the cheapest flights ($200 each way) then a travelling party of 30 (23 players, plus coaches, etc) would cost $12,000, plus hotels (say $15,000 per trip). For 5 rounds, that's $75,000.

    Or they could save that money by simply ignoring anything west of Canberra/Melbourne (because neither Adelaide nor Darwin will get a side entered, either). So the National Club Cup the only covers the eastern 25% of the country.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  5. #20
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,864
    vCash
    5096000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    Be funny if Canberra and Victoria said "Thanks, but if we only have one team you can have the Vikings and Rebels as now...don't want to disrupt our club comp". Even funnier if Q'ld said the same and only put up the existing two teams...

    Wonder how many Sydney amateur club players might decide they had better ways to spend a weekend?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,738
    vCash
    5078000
    When they should have come up with a combined club concept in the 80s, they didn't. Now they're trying to shoe-horn it in when the horse has already bolted.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  7. #22
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    765
    vCash
    5220000
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Be funny if Canberra and Victoria said "Thanks, but if we only have one team you can have the Vikings and Rebels as now...don't want to disrupt our club comp". Even funnier if Q'ld said the same and only put up the existing two teams...

    Wonder how many Sydney amateur club players might decide they had better ways to spend a weekend?
    The president of one of those Sydney clubs thinks that way, as do many of the Roarers
    https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/14/national-club-comp-lacking-a-grassroots-perspective/

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    603
    vCash
    5060000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    The president of one of those Sydney clubs thinks that way, as do many of the Roarers
    https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/1...s-perspective/
    I reckon he's nailed it.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,864
    vCash
    5096000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    I have to say, it is this sort of stuff that makes me wish someone had decided a couple of years ago to properly fund a Future Falcons. Maybe even a Future Something or other in Newcastle, although that may be a bit too local to the dead heart of rugby. But even one might have made an NRC sans Sydney a real option.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #25
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,588
    vCash
    5064000
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    When they should have come up with a combined club concept in the 80s, they didn't. Now they're trying to shoe-horn it in when the horse has already bolted.
    Exactly that was the plan when they went to Canberra, Newcastle and Penrith went in to the Shute Shield. They were expected to field I think at least five grades in seniors and three in colts. To field those numbers would have destroyed the likes of Uni, Royals, Wests, Easts, etc. Vikings might have had the money but no players to field their squads.

    Had that have been properly put forward Illawarra next cab off the rank and then maybe chat to the QRU about potential participation.

    Not even the NSWRL expected that many senior grades and colts side for participation in the Winfield Cup.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    262
    vCash
    5026000
    More from the weekend on what these muppets are planning

    Name:  TV cash a boon to Sydney Scene.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  140.2 KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #27
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    262
    vCash
    5026000
    Name:  Club Champ.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  201.8 KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,008
    vCash
    5226000
    TWF Contributor!
    Care factor zero.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  14. #29
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    262
    vCash
    5026000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Care factor zero.
    If you don't care about the NRC, don't reply.

    There are others that do.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    626
    vCash
    5002000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    If you don't care about the NRC, don't reply.

    There are others that do.
    I think Ali's post was lacking context, as that's certainly not the feelings she's put across elsewhere. Rugby in the east, however, is another matter...

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Payto and Panda: Pulver's Super call
    By PeterM in forum Western Force
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-13, 13:55
  2. Wedding Bells
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-12-10, 20:19
  3. WEDDING BELLS
    By hertryk in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-09-10, 14:36
  4. Scottish Wedding
    By Em-Forcer in forum Jokes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-07, 11:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •