Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Blacks back in Perth 2021

vCash
    As of Sunday evening, tickets were still on sale for the All Blacks v Wallabies test in Wellington, for the original date of August 21.

Ummmmm isn’t that the date of the Perth game, not the Wellington game????

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Part of the point of the lockdown is that Simon doesn't go anywhere he doesn't have to. But I hope you're OK and this shit-show doesn't go on one iota longer than necessary.
    Really appreciate the kind words mate.

The sad thing is the lunatics are trying to take over the asylum over here. Bunch of unwashed, uneducated window lickers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

The sad thing is the lunatics are trying to take over the asylum over here. Bunch of unwashed, uneducated window lickers.
    The problem in this case is that they were democratically elected.

Stay safe

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallabies face stiff Bledisloe Cup switch

The Wallabies face playing two consecutive Bledisloe Cup Tests in New Zealand before taking on the All Blacks in Perth in a condensed Test schedule to accommodate COVID-19 travel restrictions.

a female football player on a field: The Wallabies' Bledisloe Cup schedule has been turned on its head by COVID-19 travel restrictions.© Darren England/AAP PHOTOS The Wallabies' Bledisloe Cup schedule has been turned on its head by COVID-19 travel restrictions.

Australia were set to take on the All Blacks in Auckland on August 7, then Perth on August 21 and then Wellington for the third Cup clash on August 28.

While plans still need to signed off, the Wallabies are now likely to play Tests in New Zealand on August 7 and 14, before flying to Perth for the remaining match a week later.

Already chasing a Cup drought that dates back to 2002, Wallabies coach Dave Rennie emphatically ruled out playing all three Tests in New Zealand.

"It's unlikely that the Wellington Test will be played on the 28th with us all going to Perth and then have to come back, so we could be playing seventh, 14th and 21st, with the last one in Perth.

"Nothing is confirmed ... there's a lot of tickets being sold for Auckland and Perth that's probably set in concrete and it's just whether both parties can make the 14th work.

"Our mindset is to win a Bledisloe in you have have to win at least one in NZ to give us a chance in Perth so nothing changes really."

With the New Zealand government pausing the trans-Tasman travel bubble from next Friday for eight weeks, the Wallabies are set to get an exemption to fly from their Gold Coast base on that day to beat the deadline.

"We have been constantly COVID tested twice a week for the last few weeks and we'll test again today, we'll test again on Wednesday and likelihood is will travel Friday," Rennie said.

"So we'll be over there for eight days out from the first Test."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Can't wait to watch the Wallabies win a dead rubber against the AB's

vCash
    Weird. The text dump from TIF's quoted article says:
    a female football player on a field: The Wallabies' Bledisloe Cup schedule has been turned on its head by COVID-19 travel restrictions.© Darren England/AAP PHOTOS The Wallabies' Bledisloe Cup schedule has been turned on its head by COVID-19 travel restrictions
    When you go to the article, it shows a picture of one of the Barretts tackling Korobiete. I wonder which of them msn is calling a woman?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting - suggests they are thinking Australia for the whole RC then...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Sydney lockdown extended for 4 weeks.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    It appears that the Perth Test will be moved to 28 August 2021 and the first two test will both be in Auckland on 7 and 14 August.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    So with Brisbane in Lockdown now until Sunday does that mean the entire Rugby Championship will be based here in Perth?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    So with Brisbane in Lockdown now until Sunday does that mean the entire Rugby Championship will be based here in Perth?
    Perhaps the Unions could just all agree to share the trophy. Why go to all the trouble of actually competing to find a winner? Everyone's a winner babe.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Perhaps the Unions could just all agree to share the trophy. Why go to all the trouble of actually competing to find a winner? Everyone's a winner babe.
    This is not a high jump competition

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I only want the Bledisloe if it is still warm and awash from the blood of the Kiwis whose cold dead hands we have taken it from. Anything less is un-Australian.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Rugby Australia confirm Bledisloe Cup schedule changes
    Tue, 03/08/2021, 08:58 am
    by Nathan Williamson

Rugby Australia has confirmed the Bledisloe Cup Test in Perth has been shifted a week to August 28 at Optus Stadium.

Originally slated for August 21, the Test will be the third and final match in the Bledisloe series as the second Test moves to New Zealand on Saturday 14 August, with the first two games set to be played at Eden Park.

The decision comes following the pause put on the travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand following the recent outbreak of COVID across the country.

“It’s never an easy decision to adjust a schedule and firstly, I want to thank the Western Australian Government for their support and understanding as we continued to overcome hurdles," RA CEO Andy Marinos said in a statement.

“The recent trans-Tasman bubble closure, New Zealand health orders and State border closures and lockdowns, have forced us to make number of changes but we’re incredibly excited about the schedule ahead.

“It is good news for Rugby fans in Western Australia with the Test set for Saturday 28 August. For any fan that had a ticket for the original date – please rest assured, you will be automatically transferred to the new date. If you now can’t make it though, you will be offered the opportunity for a full refund.

"We can’t wait for the team to run out at Optus Stadium and see another full house cheer on the Wallabies."

As Marinos alluded to, ticketholders who purchased for the Test match originally scheduled for 21 August will have their tickets automatically transferred to the rescheduled match a week later, with those unable to attend able to process a full refund of their Wallabies v New Zealand ticket.

He also confirmed discussions remain underway for The Rugby Championship with Greater Sydney and further parts of the country still in lockdown.

“We’ll continue to work with our SANZAAR partners, as well as Governments as we confirm the schedule for the upcoming eToro Rugby Championship," he added.

"It goes without saying that we will continue to work with the respective health authorities around Australia to ensure all events are safely delivered for fans, players and officials."

2021 BLEDISLOE CUP NEW DATES AND FIXTURES
    New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 7 August at Eden Park, Auckland at 5.05pm AEST

New Zealand v Wallabies, Saturday 14 August at Eden Park, Auckland at 5.05pm AEST

Wallabies v New Zealand, Saturday 28 August at Optus Stadium, Perth at 6.00pm AWST

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/bledis...ies-all-blacks

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Lucky that's the week of the pre finals bye in the AFL which no doubt made the adjustments to the schedule easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast