Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gallagher Premier

vCash

Gallagher Premier

Really enjoying the Gallagher comp this weekend. So many of our Aussie players in the comp, Taf finally looking fitter than he’s looked for a while at Leicester. I reckon any of these teams would annihilate any SR team. The crowd attendance is amazing -Twickenham a full house! Must admit I was hoping to see Phipps get flattened. I can see why they didn’t want to share the funds in the World League proposal- RA - you totally stuffed up!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wait 'til Exeter play London Irish- who appear to be struggling with the more experienced teams in the league; to watch Nic White play against him. Nic White has fitted in really well in the southwest & pops up with a few scores himself. Flipps will struggle with the intelligent game & struggle with his frustrations too given LI have had quite a number of cards already.

Edit: ... LI host Exeter on Sunday !

Last edited by Kev; 02-01-20 at 13:48.
    "The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

Champion
    vCash
    Kev, are you watching the Gallagher Premier via Rugbypass or anybody else??

Seems like a good deal for $49 PA, compared to $300 PA for Kayo.

Does anybody know where GRR will be streamed?

https://www.rugbypass.com/signup

Senior Player
    vCash
    I have had it confirmed that the only place to watch GRR will be the Rockingham Rugby clubhouse, and only when the game day date is an even number.

vCash
    Still one of the best facilities in the state - just need more rugby there ... & I watch the English rugby on Fox, bit old school given Kayo & Rugbypass but you get the lot.

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Still one of the best facilities in the state - just need more rugby there ... & I watch the English rugby on Fox, bit old school given Kayo & Rugbypass but you get the lot.
    I stopped my Fox after the World Cup and my contract had expired. Plenty to watch for free via streaming, but no rugby. But I am too mean to pay Kayo $25 p/m just to satisfy my need to watch an occasional game of rugby on TV.
    RugbyPass could be the answer at $4 p/m, assuming I can stream it successfully here in Aus. I would be interested to hear comments from TWFers using RugbyPass. here.

vCash
    This is some info on what’s available for Aust but not sure if this is a full selection as Rugby Championship isn’t listed altho it would be FTA? Be good to have GRR part of it.
    Where is RugbyPass match streaming available?
    RugbyPass match streaming is currently available as per below:
    Zone 1 (Asia): Includes every game from the Six Nations, The Rugby Championship, June & November Internationals, SuperRugby, Heineken Champions Cup, Gallagher Premiership, Pro14, Premiership Cup, Mitre10 Cup, and Currie Cup, plus the Challenge Cup from the knockout stages onward, all live and on-demand in HD, plus 24/7 access to all of our shows and documentaries. Zone 1 countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
    Zone 3: Includes every game from The Rugby Championship, Gallagher Premiership, Super Rugby, Mitre 10 Cup, and Currie Cup, all live and on-demand in HD plus 24/7 access to all of our shows and documentaries. Zone 3 countries: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia.
    Zone 4 (Australia): Includes exclusive coverage of every game from the Heineken Champions Cup and Guinness Pro14 plus the Challenge Cup from the knockout stages onward, all live and on-demand in HD. Also includes 24/7 access to all of our shows and documentaries.
    Zone 6: Includes every match from The Rugby Championship, Super Rugby, Mitre 10 Cup, Currie Cup, all live and on-demand and all in HD, plus 24/7 access to all of our shows and documentaries. Zone 6 countries: Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Germany, Liechtenstein, Malta, Slovenia.
    Zone 7: Includes every game from The Rugby Championship, Heineken Champions Cup, Super Rugby, Gallagher Premiership, Mitre 10 Cup, and Currie Cup, plus the Challenge Cup from the knockout stages onward, all live and on-demand in HD, plus 24/7 access to all of our shows and documentaries. Zone 7 countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine.

Champion
    vCash
    Thanks Valzc.
    So no International games listed for Australia (Zone 4).

Are you using RugbyPass?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Thanks Valzc.
    So no International games listed for Australia (Zone 4).

Are you using RugbyPass?
    No, we’re on Fox but always intended to cancel it-don’t use it for much else anyway. Rugby Pass seems good, have heard its good, but again not sure on selection of comps, I think Alison has it?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    No, we’re on Fox but always intended to cancel it-don’t use it for much else anyway. Rugby Pass seems good, have heard its good, but again not sure on selection of comps, I think Alison has it?
    Aus only gets 3 series: Heineken Champions Cup, Euro Rugby Challnge Cup and Pro 14. Not really worth it for $US50.

http://support.rugbypass.com/questio...y-area-message

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Aus only gets 3 series: Heineken Champions Cup, Euro Rugby Challnge Cup and Pro 14. Not really worth it for $US50.

http://support.rugbypass.com/questio...y-area-message
    Shows how bad the game has got here that a streaming service has brought the rights. I have tried following Rugby on streams it is shite and desperate. People say the future is streaming well to subscribe to Netflix, Stan, Disney, Optus, Rugby pass, etc it is going to add up to the average monthly cost of subscribing to FOXTEL.

At least with FOXTEL you get NBN as an option. Wake up FOXTEL and sort out your advertising. Rupert has a habit of out-seeing his competitors and doesn’t want to over pay but buying multi rights is costing the consuming.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Bakkies, my streaming experience through NBN has been pretty good. We trialed Netflix, but did not take it up yet Lots of their movies, similar documentaries and lifestyle etc are free via ABC and SBS, and that you have to pay extra to watch on Fox. My wife has also discovered there are thousands of her favorite movies and series available for free from our library, which she watches to her hearts content when I am out playing golf etc.

So we are not missing Fox.

The only sports I liked to watch on TV are rugby, golf, and a little bit of AFL and cricket. So it is only rugby that I am not seeing any of right now without paying for Kayo or Rugbypass.
    I did stream NRC from rugby.com.au in Sept/Oct. I am saving my 14 day free trial with Kayo for the first 2 rounds of Six Nations in Feb.

Then will wait to see who is showing GRR.

vCash
    Streaming is only as good as the source of the stream - doesn't matter how good your NBN connection.
    The quality is often very poor. I'd rather watch sport live or in HD.

At this stage I've kept my Foxtel as Foxtel was happy to upgrade my box to an iQ4 and get me on satellite for no cost to me - and reduce the cost of my monthly subscription. I've just kept the basic package, HD + sports. Don't need the movies, nor endless documentaries, that I don't have time to watch.

I can record all of the Gallagher games (some of which have been rubbish) and watch them at my leisure.

I'm interested to find out how GRR will be made available to us.

vCash
    Keeping my IQ for similar reasons. I like to watch sports sort of at random sometimes - just channel flick around. For the convenience of also having FTA and an increasing choice of recordable on demand stuff from IQ, $10 per week is great value. IMO.

PS. The Gallagher Pemiership "mini" replays are not a bad option.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It would be great to have GRR on FTA, an example being my elderly parents who love the rugby but are completey bamboozled by ‘streaming’ -its simply not an option for them or that percentage of viewers like them who can’t access streaming. For GRR to get a foothold on FTA would be a great boost to the comp. Perhaps if some clever producers could bundle up GRR as a package deal attractive enough to interest a broadcaster- like Stokes. I believe Sean Maloney has a production company, and who’s had the gig with the 7s. Just an idea.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast