Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The great Rugby shame"The revolution has started as grassroots shun the establishment

vCash
    Couldn't we have seceded in the late 60s so we could have had three decades smashing the world at test cricket?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Couldn't we have seceded in the late 60s so we could have had three decades smashing the world at test cricket?!
    Im sure there would have been a cricket world cup in there somewhere too.

vCash
    WA would struggle to beat Ireland these days sadly. Haven’t won a Shield title since 1999. Bruce Reid is last decent fast bowler to do well at test level. The others like Mitch Johnson are from interstate.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    WA would struggle to beat Ireland these days sadly. Haven’t won a Shield title since 1999. Bruce Reid is last decent fast bowler to do well at test level. The others like Mitch Johnson are from interstate.
    Bakkies thank you for reminding me mate, bloody hell.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Hold on mate,

Between Brad Hogg, David and Michael Hussey, Justin Langer, Damien Flemming, Shaun and Mitchell Marsh we would have killed most international teams. I could see that team winning the 03 or 07 world cup too. Especially with the other talented players we had around during that era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Bakkies thank you for reminding me mate, bloody hell.
    You have a very short memory..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Hold on mate,

Between Brad Hogg, David and Michael Hussey, Justin Langer, Damien Flemming, Shaun and Mitchell Marsh we would have killed most international teams. I could see that team winning the 03 or 07 world cup too. Especially with the other talented players we had around during that era.

vCash
    Name:  Fantasy.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  5.5 KB
    Name:  TT.png
Views: 675
Size:  25.4 KB

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Hold on mate,

Michael Hussey and and Langer were/are the only guys that made the Australian team and stayed there because they were the best in their roles. Certainly at Test level. Hogg was very prominent in ODI's in his career. So I'll give you him. But pretty sure despite being born in WA Fleming never played for the state as he made his 1st class debut for Victoria in 1989 at the age of 19 if I've counted back correctly. And Mitch and Shaun Marsh have are mercurial at best.

Sorry, but you're not knocking over a Waugh/Ponting lead Australia with just those guys. Probably not even a Clarke/Smith team actually. Maybe an early Paine team but even they've begun to find form.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Michael Hussey and and Langer were/are the only guys that made the Australian team and stayed there because they were the best in their roles. Certainly at Test level. Hogg was very prominent in ODI's in his career. So I'll give you him. But pretty sure despite being born in WA Fleming never played for the state as he made his 1st class debut for Victoria in 1989 at the age of 19 if I've counted back correctly. And Mitch and Shaun Marsh have are mercurial at best.

Sorry, but you're not knocking over a Waugh/Ponting lead Australia with just those guys. Probably not even a Clarke/Smith team actually. Maybe an early Paine team but even they've begun to find form.
    Name all the international teams during that era that would have beaten that WA team? I remmeber the Australian side not even qualifying for their own VB series one year. They were definitely beatable when put under pressure. Oh and dont kid yourself about the Australian test team the last 10 years, they were a running joke around the world. They even tied a test series against New Zealand in Australia when New Zealand used to be shit. Not to mention all their crushing home defeats to almost everyone and being pummeled by everyone over seas year after year ad naeseum.

The Australian test team with Warner and Smith has been the worst team to grace this earth ever in Australian history, anyone could beat the horseshit they played. Handscomb, Doolan, Rogers, Agar, Cowan and co. Not to mention Faulkner and an ageing Watson with an attack force of Siddle, Bird and Lyon, And even fucking Peter Siddle lol. Your memory is absolutely totally warped. Australia has just gone through a decade of complete utter humiliation and embarassment and you dont think that WA side would stand a chance? Delusional.

Not to mention the fact you claim Flemming isnt eligable, well if he isnt then bring in Gilchrist and co to prop WA up and it would be a total fucking onslaught unlike anything ever seen before

vCash
    Anyways enough pumping your chest pretending Australia is actually good at cricket and get back to discussing the WA secession plan because right now thats all that matters

vCash
    Better to be thought a fool..........

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Couldn't even win the One Day Domestic Final at home at the WACA in 2003. But good luck at the World Cup

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...ng-cup-2002-03

Player
    vCash
    Name all the international teams during that era that would have beaten that WA team? I remmeber the Australian side not even qualifying for their own VB series one year. They were definitely beatable when put under pressure. Oh and dont kid yourself about the Australian test team the last 10 years, they were a running joke around the world. They even tied a test series against New Zealand in Australia when New Zealand used to be shit. Not to mention all their crushing home defeats to almost everyone and being pummeled by everyone over seas year after year ad naeseum.

The Australian test team with Warner and Smith has been the worst team to grace this earth ever in Australian history, anyone could beat the horseshit they played. Handscomb, Doolan, Rogers, Agar, Cowan and co. Not to mention Faulkner and an ageing Watson with an attack force of Siddle, Bird and Lyon, And even fucking Peter Siddle lol. Your memory is absolutely totally warped. Australia has just gone through a decade of complete utter humiliation and embarassment and you dont think that WA side would stand a chance? Delusional.

Not to mention the fact you claim Flemming isnt eligable, well if he isnt then bring in Gilchrist and co to prop WA up and it would be a total fucking onslaught unlike anything ever seen before

Yeah, those Australian teams that won the 99, 03, 07 and 15 CWC were rubbish. And the winning percentages of both Waugh and Ponting among the modern captains of the the last 20 years are the highest of any Test nation. Even higher than Kohli. In regards to Steve Waugh his is comfortably higher. Even Clarke and Smith's records averaged over 50% which were both better than the likes of Taylor and Border and significantly better than the greats like Chappell and Benaud.

Our Test team made the supposedly 2nd ranked NZ team look pretty average in Perth not last week. Fleming never played for WA. That's a fact. And regarding Gilchrist. Would you still count him knowing he played for NSW first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Yeah, those Australian teams that won the 99, 03, 07 and 15 CWC were rubbish. And the winning percentages of both Waugh and Ponting among the modern captains of the the last 20 years are the highest of any Test nation. Even higher than Kohli. In regards to Steve Waugh his is comfortably higher. Even Clarke and Smith's records averaged over 50% which were both better than the likes of Taylor and Border and significantly better than the greats like Chappell and Benaud.

Our Test team made the supposedly 2nd ranked NZ team look pretty average in Perth not last week. Fleming never played for WA. That's a fact. And regarding Gilchrist. Would you still count him knowing he played for NSW first?
    Your talking about a totally different era to the one I was talking about. The fact is WA would have smashed the Australian test team of the last decade, fact. From memory Ponting and co were long gone then and you still failed to identify any international sides that would have beaten that WA side during that era. Save the waffle for someone who cares

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast