Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perth to get another Bledisloe...

vCash

Perth to get another Bledisloe...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...ng-b881397053z
    Stupid fucking paywall

Bring it on!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It was probably the only thing that brought RA a decent financial return this year. They would be foolish not to make more hay while the sun shines.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    This years game proved that RA can shit on Western Australia and the people will still turn up in their droves so why wouldn't they give it another crack.

Hopefully McGowan doesn't get ripped off in bidding for it, surely it's not worth $5 million this time.

vCash
    An excellent opportunity to make RA crawl. McGowan better be angling for the best deal he can screw out of them, and a great chance to make them hand over the IP for nothing.

Champion
    vCash
    Here it is. Couple of interesting lines.

Bledisloe Cup to return to Perth for second time in two years with McGowan Government to hold talks with Rugby Australia

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Friday, 29 November 2019 8:00PM

The battle for Bledisloe Cup trans-Tasman rugby supremacy is set to return to Perth for the second time in two years.
    Rugby Australia will open discussions with the McGowan Government for the 2021 blockbuster Test between the Wallabies and All Blacks at Optus Stadium.
    The game had been pencilled in for Adelaide Oval but it is understood talks between RA and the South Australian Government broke down over the cost of the rights to game.
    WA paid $5 million for the Bledisloe in August and RA put Perth top of their Test wish list after a financial windfall from the record Optus Stadium crowd of 61,241 that saw Australia claim a 47-26 boilover win.
    RA, expected to post a $5.5 million loss this year, is reviewing the 2020-25 Test schedule and must find a home for the game because of the $2 billion overhaul of Sydney’s stadiums.
    The Bledisloe move comes with newly-crowned world rugby champions South Africa set to play the Wallabies on August 29 next year at Optus Stadium.
    A RA spokesman could not confirm the deal “at this stage” and TourismWA was also being coy: “Due to the competitive nature of the events industry, Tourism WA does not comment specifically on potential event discussions, decisions or negotiations.”
    After the August clash, RA chief executive Raelene Castle confirmed WA was “definitely” in line for another Bledisloe and other Test matches after productive talks with the State Government. “We take the long-term view. We look at Tests over a four-year cycle, and the Bledisloe is a part of that content,” she said.
    “We are definitely keen to bring games to Perth. Perth turned it on, Optus Stadium was spectacular, the fans were terrific.”
    When he launched Bledisloe week, Tourism Minister Paul Papalia said the Government wanted to bring the clash back to Perth. “We want it. If the Bledisloe Cup is on the table we will bid for it. If I was Rugby Australia I would consider coming again,” he said.
    “If you’re Rugby Australia and you’re looking to have an impact, perhaps make amends for the way you have treated WA by axing the Western Force, consider coming to WA for the Bledisloe Cup again.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    An excellent opportunity to make RA crawl. McGowan better be angling for the best deal he can screw out of them, and a great chance to make them hand over the IP for nothing.
    They don't have to hand over the IP for nothing. We are willing to pay a $1 for it, I think that is more then fair for both parties.

vCash
    I'm hopeful things will improve after the AGM and I'll feel happy to buy tix. I wasn't too worried last year as I've been to Bledisloes before ( 2 form 2 wins) and not fussed about the Craypot. Either way I'm still not bothered.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    So reading between the lines, RA said they expected $5M from SA, they were told to blow it out their arse, so now they are prepared to grace WA with the opportunity to give them the money.

It is solely about money, nothing else. If Adelaide is out, they need Perth, not the other way around. So I hope if the WA government plays they screw them to the wall.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    This years game proved that RA can shit on Western Australia and the people will still turn up in their droves so why wouldn't they give it another crack.

Hopefully McGowan doesn't get ripped off in bidding for it, surely it's not worth $5 million this time.
    The Stadium was over half black. If it wasnt for all the inflatables it would have been a dark black cauldron.

All it said was that they can shit on Western Australians and the kiwis will still turn up in droves

Seems fair enough too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    So reading between the lines, RA said they expected $5M from SA, they were told to blow it out their arse, so now they are prepared to grace WA with the opportunity to give them the money.

It is solely about money, nothing else. If Adelaide is out, they need Perth, not the other way around. So I hope if the WA government plays they screw them to the wall.
    Absolutely!!

vCash
    How much would it cost for a Boks / All Blacks game?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    I vote for an England / All Blacks replay..... huge revenue for WA with squat to RA .....

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post

The story by Nick Taylor mentioned a Wallabies v South Africa match on August 29th next year (although I'm struggling to find any mention of it elsewhere). I wonder how much that cost West Australia. If we sell out Optus for that (possible) then I'd say that the Bledisloe should be the same price.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The story by Nick Taylor mentioned a Wallabies v South Africa match on August 29th next year (although I'm struggling to find any mention of it elsewhere). I wonder how much that cost West Australia. If we sell out Optus for that (possible) then I'd say that the Bledisloe should be the same price.
    Nick got confirmation from RA about the Boks test.

vCash
    The WA government should factor in the cost to the WA taxpayer of refurbishing NIB stadium for SuperRugby which RA benefitted from!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast