Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy goes nuclear

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Splayds

And, whilst I would love to see a WA team competing internationally it's fantasy, and lunacy.

Even if we were able to select any of the non WA born players through residential eligibility etc, I think we'd still be quite heavily tier two. We simply don't have a large enough community player pool to compete internationally.
    Players who cannot get a game for NZ, RSA, or Eastern Australia Etc, would look at "Countries" like Western Australia,and would suddenly find a parent or grand parent who was born in WA, as they already do for Scotland etc.
    Brache would not have qualified for the USA even although he was born there, because he had already played for Western Australia! We could apply that rule to DHP, Pocock, JOC and probably a few others.
    This could be fun!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JSJ; 21-11-19 at 09:10.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    The best Force team in 2019 would have already been a good bet to qualify for the World Cup. If you consider our team against Tonga, Georgia, USA etc.
    a quick guess - I am sure someone knows better then me. Of the current Force team - Only half would qualify for Western Australia under World Rugby Residency.

And WA born/developed players playing for the Rebels/Tahs/Brumbies eg: DHP having played for the Wallabies wouldnt be able to comeback.

WA would never get to play against Tier 1 or Tier 2 nations. Our Qualification for the next Rugby World Cup would depend on our ability to knock out Fiji or Samoa or Tonga.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    X beat me to it JSJ, you can't play for WA if you've already played for Australia.

Under current structures that is. Twiggy would have to throw enough money towards the home unions to convince them to change the parameters and you could argue that any national representation prior to WAs endorsement as a "country" is invalid, since the player didn't have the opportunity to represent his union of choice and was forced to take second best.

Residency rules will knock out most of our big names though, Coleman would have qualified, but reset his clock, ditto for most of the Rebels players who we count as sand gropers.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    X beat me to it JSJ, you can't play for WA if you've already played for Australia.

Under current structures that is. Twiggy would have to throw enough money towards the home unions to convince them to change the parameters and you could argue that any national representation prior to WAs endorsement as a "country" is invalid, since the player didn't have the opportunity to represent his union of choice and was forced to take second best.

Residency rules will knock out most of our big names though, Coleman would have qualified, but reset his clock, ditto for most of the Rebels players who we count as sand gropers.
    Sorry Gigs, You cannot play for the newly formed "country" of Eastern Australia, if you had first played for the "country" of Western Australia.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Sorry Gigs, You cannot play for the newly formed "country" of Eastern Australia, if you had first played for the "country" of Western Australia.
    anyone with half a legal brain would bring out the who came first argument - and the newly formed Rugby Nation of Western Australia is going to lose out on that one.

We have more chance of playing for the Hutt River Province. Still wont give us back DHP et all.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    anyone with half a legal brain would bring out the who came first argument - and the newly formed Rugby Nation of Western Australia is going to lose out on that one.

We have more chance of playing for the Hutt River Province. Still wont give us back DHP et all.
    Now there's an idea! I'm sure HRH Sovereign Prince Graeme would be very open to that!

Champion
    vCash

X, Eastern Australia is the newly formed rugby nation. They were the ones who unilaterally redrew their geographic boundaries of where they select their Wallaby team from. The boundaries of Western Australia have been the same for at least 110 years.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    X, Eastern Australia is the newly formed rugby nation. They were the ones who unilaterally redrew their geographic boundaries of where they select their Wallaby team from. The boundaries of Western Australia have been the same for at least 110 years.
    Jeeze I do a really good job of arguing for the bad guys............. it's not deliberate.

and they would say that as they said in their press release dated........... as discussed with Mr Andrew Forrest and Mr Matt Hodgson Western Force players will be and are available to be selected for Wallabies.

than they would say - at this time they do not believe that anyone has proven to be good enough to be of a Wallabies standard. But they look forward to the time when a Western Force player is selected for the Wallabies.

I dont know why I do this to myself...........

Exile
    Sydney

vCash

That's not the rules which apply in soccer, where this is a more frequent issue. If a 'new' nation is formed (eg, Kosovo) then players who have played for the other countries can decide to play for the new country (if they qualify). Thus the Kosovo soccer team has players who have previously been capped by Albania, Montenegro, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Norway.

So if similar rules were put in place, DHP could certainly apply to be considered as 'West Australian', rather than 'Australian'.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    ahh, but we still love ya x

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Jeeze I do a really good job of arguing for the bad guys............. it's not deliberate.

and they would say that as they said in their press release dated........... as discussed with Mr Andrew Forrest and Mr Matt Hodgson Western Force players will be and are available to be selected for Wallabies.

than they would say - at this time they do not believe that anyone has proven to be good enough to be of a Wallabies standard. But they look forward to the time when a Western Force player is selected for the Wallabies.

Your Honour,

Counsel for Eastern Australia Mr X, has just stated in his evidence that the the selectors for the new rugby nation of Eastern Australia did not consider any of of the players from Western Australia of good enough standard to play for their Wallaby team. That is the crux of the matter Your Honour and that is why World Rugby has ruled that Western Australia can enter a team seperate to Eastern Australia in the World Cup.

(Judge chuckles. and says "yes Mr JSJ, strange that your team always seems the spank their teams, yet they want want to desperately hang onto players they pinched from your team and prevent them from playing for your team in the World Cup"")

Case dismissed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Hansie said that the Force were looking at doing that before he left his position and nothing has changed in regards to support from the RA and selecting WA based players for the test side.
    The current Chair does not support the idea of secession from RA.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I doubt World Rugby would either

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    That's not the rules which apply in soccer, where this is a more frequent issue. If a 'new' nation is formed (eg, Kosovo) then players who have played for the other countries can decide to play for the new country (if they qualify). Thus the Kosovo soccer team has players who have previously been capped by Albania, Montenegro, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Norway. So if similar rules were put in place, DHP could certainly apply to be considered as 'West Australian', rather than 'Australian'.
    So you didn't read my middle paragraph?

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Your Honour,

Counsel for Eastern Australia Mr X, has just stated in his evidence that the the selectors for the new rugby nation of Eastern Australia did not consider any of of the players from Western Australia of good enough standard to play for their Wallaby team. That is the crux of the matter Your Honour and that is why World Rugby has ruled that Western Australia can enter a team seperate to Eastern Australia in the World Cup.

(Judge chuckles. and says "yes Mr JSJ, strange that your team always seems the spank their teams, yet they want want to desperately hang onto players they pinched from your team and prevent them from playing for your team in the World Cup"")

Case dismissed.
    mate if you honestly believe in this.

I have this bridge for sale in Sydney. Excellent views of the harbor.

Exile
    Sydney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast