Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Twiggy goes nuclear

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Your Honour, Counsel for Eastern Australia Mr X, has just stated in his evidence that the the selectors for the new rugby nation of Eastern Australia did not consider any of of the players from Western Australia of good enough standard to play for their Wallaby team. That is the crux of the matter Your Honour and that is why World Rugby has ruled that Western Australia can enter a team seperate to Eastern Australia in the World Cup. (Judge chuckles. and says "yes Mr JSJ, strange that your team always seems the spank their teams, yet they want want to desperately hang onto players they pinched from your team and prevent them from playing for your team in the World Cup"") Case dismissed.
    Because it's not like there's a precedent where tier 1 nations cap players from smaller nations when they're young and then don't select them ever again is there

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Wow!! Spend the day driving up a mountain and a whole hyperthetical topic goes thermo-newkular while you're out. Well done guys.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Learned Counsel are in contempt of sport ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    l Excellent views of the harbor.
    Not @ the moment.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not @ the moment.
    smokey views of the harbor

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hmmmm. Those guys used to be scribes at The Oz. When did they start at The Betoota Advocate?
    I couldn't agree more. Twiggy throws out a line, they swallow it and then come up with stuff like this: Fielding a West Australian side at international level would echo the structures in place in Great Britain, where England, Wales and Scotland each field their own international teams.
    What utter crap. Obviously not rugby journos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Twiggy throws out a line, they swallow it and then come up with stuff like this: Fielding a West Australian side at international level would echo the structures in place in Great Britain, where England, Wales and Scotland each field their own international teams.
    What utter crap. Obviously not rugby journos
    This was discussed on here two years ago. Hansie said it was tabled. What has changed? The RA still own the IP, Rugby WA is on life support, club game has dwindled and the Force are a feeder side for their pets.

Green and Gold have nailed it with their headline http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-de-clyne-of-australian-rugby/

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Farr Jones now joining his RWC winning half back partner in throwing his weight behind Twiggy and WA Rugby. The current Rugby WA Chairman might not support it but there are Rugby men and businesses with more clout supporting this. Hansie posted here recently that there are wheels in motion as he keeps in touch with people on the east coast.

https://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=41066&page=2

As for the IRB they couldn’t careless. The only unions they get involved with are second tier ones like Samoa. If they did they would have got involved with fixing the issues in SA and Wales years ago. They don’t touch internal stuff in tier one nations.

Big-gun Wallabies open fire in rugby’s war of words
    World Cup-winning former Wallabies *captain Nick Farr-Jones.
    World Cup-winning former Wallabies *captain Nick Farr-Jones.
    EXCLUSIVE
    PAUL GARVEY

AN HOUR AGO NOVEMBER 21, 2019
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Whatsapp
    Email
    World Cup-winning former *captain Nick Farr-Jones and the first West Australian-born and bred Wallaby, John Welborn, have thrown their support behind* Andrew Forrest’s plan to overhaul Australian rugby.

Farr-Jones, who led the Walla*bies to victory in the 1991 World Cup, told The Australian Rugby Australia had made a major mistake by not embracing Mr Forrest’s support.

The iron ore magnate tried to save the Perth-based Western Force in 2017, even offering $50m in funding, but was ignored* by Rugby Australia and the Force were subsequently axed from the Super Rugby *competition.

Mr Forrest has since been bankrolling the Global Rapid Rugby competition, which feat*ures the Western Force.

The Australian revealed on Thursday that Mr Forrest had been in talks with Rugby WA about creating an alternative union that would have WA cut its ties with Rugby Australia and compete at international level in its own right.

Farr-Jones said outgoing Rugby Australia chairman Cameron Clyne had been “crazy” not to embrace Mr Forrest and his support, and said he understood why the mining billionaire was so frustrated by WA’s treatment. “I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if there is some significant structural changes in Rugby Australia in 2020, and I would like to think that with some of that change will come a welcoming hand for Western Australia,” he said.

Farr-Jones said he had attend*ed last year’s Bledisloe Cup test in Perth — one of the few Wallabies Tests he has seen in recent years, such is his “dis*illusionment” with the game — and had been struck both by how strong rugby union was in WA and how mistreated the state had been by Rugby Australia.

“It would have been great to bring (Mr Forrest) under the umbrell*a because he comes up with amazing, left-field ideas and he is prepared to walk the tightrope,” Farr-Jones said.

“You can’t afford to cut the cord from people like that who can offer so much, not just in financ*es but in ideas.”

Farr-Jones was previously chairman of NSW Rugby Union, but said the experience left him “pretty deflated” and he was not ready to return to an administrative role in the code.

Welborn, who runs inter*national gold producer Resolute Mining, played six Tests for the Wallabies in the 1990s and was part of the original steering committee behind Mr Forrest’s Global Rapid Rugby competition.

Such was the leadership vacuum in Australian rugby at the moment, he said, there was a strong case for WA to cut ties with Rugby Australia. “In the current climate, and with And*rew’s vision and strong support, it’s an almost compelling solution to the alternative, which is to sit in the swamp of Australian rugby’s demise.

“There needs to be new leadership. If that has to happen through a fracturing in the current federal union, bring it on.”

Who should run Rugby Australia?

Why don’t you act as a selector? We want our readers to propose who should replace Cameron Clyne as chairman of Rugby Australia and fill the other three impending vacancies on the board. We believe this is the time for a renewal in Australian rugby after a disastrous few years and Rugby Australia needs to make some bold decisions and cast its net wide in the search for new directors. That’s why suggestions from readers are important. Several names have already been thrown up. Brett Papworth, an advocate for club rugby, former Wallaby Phil Kearns and television executive Jarrod Frykberg have all been mentioned. Others have urged RA to target big names such as David Gallop and Andrew Demetriou. Mining tycoon Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest has a lot of support and Sydney Olympic bid CEO Rod McGeoch, former Virgin boss John Borghetti, former NSW premier Mike Baird and former prime ministers John Howard and Tony Abbott have been suggested. Tell us what you think.

– Daniel Sankey, Digital Editor

Last edited by Bakkies; 21-11-19 at 21:27.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    OK. So I got the spelling wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3