Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clyde to stand down....in 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    He may finish in March but I bet he is invisible when the Folau case goes to court or he brings his finish date forward depending on how that case shapes up.
    Unless it can be spun to look like a victory in which case hell be on the front page of every newspaper he can buy Just like the force assassination

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Which clearly indicates that, until now, he hadn't selected his replacement.

He has likely secured his seat on the gravy train and can now step down with the ability to point to things spearheaded by others, that he wasn't able to sabotage, as successes of his.
    Tim North to replace him?

vCash
    Not a laughing matter PG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    TWAS is the only one supporting Clyne on Roar. Looks like lots of those disgruntled people are not from WA.
    Conveniently forgetting the varying figures from Uncle Cam and Pulver from the Adelaide meeting.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    TWAS as usual standing up for his mates.

Conveniently forgetting the one dollar sale of the Rebels to the VRU orchestrated by his mate, Rebels did approach the Brumbies about a merger, compliance breach fines while uncle Cam was in charge and his Chief of Staff was accused of using shareholders’ funds to buy personal properties.
    "...Well the introduction of the Rebels has contributed approximately $69M in additional TV revenue compared to the Australian share prior to their introduction. (That may be slightly high as TV money in 2015 may have been lower)...."
    I think TWAS actually believes his own rantings now - the guy is definitely losing the plot. He's hanging tenuously on by his fingertips as the rugby world is slowly collapsing around proRebels arguments, its quite a laugh to read his posts. AndrewM & a few are giving him a good going over despite his other identities trying to bolster support. Why he can't seem to get the facts straight on Twiggy's offer is hilarious, he's been trying to bomb that offer for months now.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    "...Well the introduction of the Rebels has contributed approximately $69M in additional TV revenue compared to the Australian share prior to their introduction. (That may be slightly high as TV money in 2015 may have been lower)...."
    I think TWAS actually believes his own rantings now - the guy is definitely losing the plot. He's hanging tenuously on by his fingertips as the rugby world is slowly collapsing around proRebels arguments, its quite a laugh to read his posts. AndrewM & a few are giving him a good going over despite his other identities trying to bolster support. Why he can't seem to get the facts straight on Twiggy's offer is hilarious, he's been trying to bomb that offer for months now.
    Yes, when he posted that crap, I did not bother responding. I think he does post crap on purpose, when he wants to distract and drag you away from the subject where you are scoring points.

vCash
    How do we know what Cox was spending on the Rebels when he money tucked up in unit trusts and haven’t made the Rebels’ books public.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    How do we know what Cox was spending on the Rebels when he money tucked up in unit trusts and haven’t made the Rebels’ books public.
    That's simple bakkies Zero

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought the only money that Cox spent was to prop up his other businesses in NZ and to pay himself and his band of facilitators?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Paul McLean named temporary new Rugby Australia chairman
    Is this good? I can’t find anything about him?

vCash
    Great songwriter.. sorry that's Don. Mind you he'll need to be quite the wordsmith to get me singing the RA's tune

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    This like a little rebellion in the board and pressure on them from outside maybe? This was not Clynes original stated intention.:

“The Board has collectively made the decision to make this change, with the full support of Cameron, to enable us to provide support and a comfortable transition for the new chair following the AGM," McClean said.

At least he is not a friend of Sydney Uni.

vCash
    Paul McLean played 31 Tests for Australia

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    From ABC

McLean will take over the role on an interim basis to aid in the transition of the new chair, who will be elected at the RA annual general meeting next month.

The move means McLean, 66, will have oversight at a crucial time amid the governing body's broadcast rights negotiations, collective bargaining agreement and 2027 Rugby World Cup bid.

Initially intending to stay on as chairman until the AGM on March 30, Clyne will remain on the board until that date.

"The board has collectively made the decision to make this change, with the full support of Cameron, to enable us to provide support and a comfortable transition for the new chair following the AGM," McLean said in a statement.

Clyne revealed in November he would not be seeking re-election this year, and said that negative sentiment and media coverage contributed to his decision to step down.

"Unfortunately, recently, much of the focus of the media has been directed at myself, which has overshadowed a lot of great work that has been done and continues to be done at the community level through to the national level by our volunteers, administrators, players, coaches, and match officials across the country," Clyne said at the time.

"It is hoped that with my resignation, the attention can return to where it rightfully should be, which is on the field and that this positive work will be highlighted."

McLean has served for the past eight years as a board director after an almost five-year stint as RA president from 2005-2009.

"The chair is a high-profile role and whoever is chosen and elected will benefit from having some time to build relationships and gain an understanding of all the major work happening across the rugby landscape before they step into the role," he said.

"Ultimately, there are some major pieces of work that are either nearing completion or getting underway, including the negotiations around the media rights, Rugby World Cup bid process, World Rugby positions, and a collective bargaining agreement, and we believe this change will provide added stability at a crucial time for the business."

The 31-Test former Wallaby said the nominations committee had interviewed several strong candidates for three vacant director roles, including the new chairperson.

"There has been a very high level of interest and some high-quality candidates stepping forward for each of the roles," McLean said.

'Change at the top' required to heal Australian rugby
    Ross Reynolds, former Wallaby and ABC Grandstand commentator, said it was the right move for Clyne to step aside now.

"Things haven't been going well and they need to show some sign of change at the top to redirect the focus of Rugby Australia — [which is] to get the Wallaby team back winning, but also how they run the game at a club level and at Super Rugby and international level," Reynolds said.

"All those things need to be fixed to get rugby back to the popularity it desperately needs."

It's been a difficult few years for Australian rugby both on and off the field, but Reynolds thinks McLean is a good choice to move the game in the right direction.

"There was obviously decisions made there at the top that weren't the best decisions," he said.

"Particularly with Israel Folau, but also the exiting of Western Force from the Super Rugby competition. I think both those decisions weren't in the best interests of the game.

"I know Paul McLean and I think he'll do a very good job. So I think from a Rugby Australia's point of view, that's very good news.

"He's been a past president of Australian Rugby Union and did a great job. He intimately knows the game, he's a strong leader, and I think he would be a great ally and mentor for Raelene Castle."

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The only thing I needed to know about him is that he was part of the board that resolved to withdraw WA’s super rugby licence.

There is no guarantee he will be voted into the Chairman position at the AGM. But I guess it’s certainly worth betting on.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast