Thread: X's Theory of Un-Relativity

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

X's Theory of Un-Relativity

Hello, my friends.

I want to try something different. This post is not an attempt to change anyone's way of thinking. But to explain why I think the way I do. I am not trying to recruit anyone to come to the Darkside. I am not trying to preach. Perhaps I am wasting my time. Perhaps I am wasting your time. For that, I apologise.

I want to talk about the Western Force. For want of a better term – I am gonna call it Western Force 2.0

This is the Western Force post Super Rugby. I am sure the history books will call it The Twiggy Years or something like that.

Anyway. I have been able to differentiate the 2 Western Forces. Not sure how I did it. But I needed to.

For those that don’t know me. I have suffered from Depression and Anxiety for the past 13 years or so. I separated the 2 Western Forces for my own health. I had to. My mistake was trying to get you to come along with me. That was wrong. Sorry about that.

Looking at Western Force 2.0 I see a very successful Rugby Club. I am enjoying supporting a Winning Club.

I believe that the creation of the Western Force 2.0 was the best thing to happen to the Western Force.

I believe that Super Rugby is Dying and that sooner, rather than later RugbyAustralia will be begging Andrew Forrest to allow the remaining SuperRugby teams to join Global Rapid Rugby.

On to a different topic.

The Wallabies.

In our last debate – one of the criticisms is that there are no Western Force representatives in the current Wallabies squad.

Now, I believe that Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson were able to get a commitment from RugbyAustralia that ensured that Western Force players were eligible for selection for the Wallabies. Perhaps I am naive but I believe that that will happen. The reason that it hasn’t happened yet is that there is a belief (the internet experts on the East Coast) that the Western Force are not playing in a competition that is of a high enough standard to warrant selection. Sooner or later someone with break thru, I look forward to that day.

I love the Western Force. Both iterations. I cried like a baby when RugbyAustralian made their stupid announcement.

I'm sorry for my actions on TWF – I hope that you will forgive me.

Thank you for reading

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    You seem to me to be a rugby diehard and tragic. Like me, only way more vocal.

Personally:
    I think there is no need for you to apologise.
    I think this forum needs people like you.
    I think you should carry on just the way you are.
    You haven't wasted my time.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree on all counts Ecky, and no need to apologise at all X. We all have our own opinions and feelings about the game, a forum like this is exactly where those things are shared. In the absence of a pub and multiple pints, at least.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    X, Everybody has different ways handling bad events in their lives. Some people move on quickly and accept that shit happens. Other people never forgive and take a long time to move on.

I have spent most of my life in the second category, but for my own well being, I have made a personal effort to change myself in the past 10-15 years to be more pragmatic and move myself closer to the first group.

I enjoy your posts. Keep on being a Force fan mate.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    One thing you can't miss with x is his passion for the game.

I respect him enough as a man to deal with the fact that we have wildly different opinions, particularly where the wallabies are concerned.

Don't be lulled into thinking his post was penned lightly, he processes everything with a phenomenal level of depth.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

The Wallabies.

In our last debate – one of the criticisms is that there are no Western Force representatives in the current Wallabies squad.

Now, I believe that Andrew Forrest and Matt Hodgson were able to get a commitment from RugbyAustralia that ensured that Western Force players were eligible for selection for the Wallabies. Perhaps I am naive but I believe that that will happen. The reason that it hasn’t happened yet is that there is a belief (the internet experts on the East Coast) that the Western Force are not playing in a competition that is of a high enough standard to warrant selection. Sooner or later someone with break thru, I look forward to that day.

I think, that once the East Coast realise just how good Deegan, Fines and McGregor are, they might come looking west for more players.

Of course, having 'past-it' players like Thrush, Tessman and Ready on the books allows the snobs out east (of which X definitely isn't one!) to say that the Force must be in a substandard competition.

But then again we just won the NRC against a side not far off the Brumbies (13 of the Viking's starting XV were signed Brumbies, including 3 Wallabies, and another Wallaby on the bench!)

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Well said Ecky, spot on....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    You seem to me to be a rugby diehard and tragic. Like me, only way more vocal.

Personally:
    I think there is no need for you to apologise.
    I think this forum needs people like you.
    I think you should carry on just the way you are.
    You haven't wasted my time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I’ve recently moved over to the dark side for a couple of years and like many WF fans totally pissed off at FUAR and basically stopped watching any rugby but GRR! Now I’ve moved here if I keep up with that mentality I’ll have nothing but my love of the game that’s played in heaven has put me in touch with X and I went down his club ant the end of last season. I will affiliate myself with them for the duration of my stay here. I don’t agree with everything that X feels but in no way will that get in the way of us enjoying and arguing about this fantastic game. I will be of course preaching the GRR to all!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!