Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GRR fixtures

Champion
    vCash

GRR fixtures

They are on the west online but behind the paywall.
    This is the link if anyone can get behind it.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881381987z

I'll see if I can get someone to do it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    GRR Facebook page just put it up too

and the GRR Website

Rapid Rugby Season 1 Revealed
    November 14, 2019
    Global Rapid Rugby’s inaugural home-and-away season will feature six teams, 10 rounds, 31 games including a one-off Final and $AU 1 Million in prize money.

Five of the teams that will fight for the Global Rapid Rugby Season 1 title in 2020 were unveiled today and represent the traditional powers of Australasia, the untapped potential of Asia and the passion and pride of the Pacific Islands.

Fast-paced and explosive by name and nature, the competition will begin on Friday, March 13 and reach a crescendo when the top two teams go head-to-head in the Grand Final in Perth, Australia, on June 5 or 6.

The Teams:

Western Force was Global Rapid Rugby’s premier Showcase Series team and won Australia’s National Rugby Championship earlier this month

Fijian Latui will take its amazing mix of flair and strength to all parts of the rugby-mad island nation, and be just as tough to beat on foreign shores

Manuma Samoa is an exciting, home-grown squad capable of anything, particularly on a redeveloped home stadium in Apia

South China Tigers from Hong Kong is sure to build on this year’s Global Rapid Rugby Asian Showcase and reach their powerful potential in 2020

Malaysia Valke, based in Kuala Lumpur, comprises some of both South Africa’s and Malaysia’s best domestic talent and a strong hunger to succeed

Negotiations are nearing completion with a sixth team to be based in Asia

Unveiling the format for Season 1, Global Rapid Rugby CEO, Mark Evans, described the combination of teams as a perfect blend for a competition designed to expand rugby’s appeal to new and old fans alike.

“We are thrilled to be able to inject the excitement and energy of Rapid Rugby’s first home-and-away competition into these territories within the Asia Pacific region in 2020,” Evans said.

“The evolution from a Showcase Series to a Home-And-Away Season will multiply the success we enjoyed this year in many ways.

“In particular, providing Fiji and Samoa with access to a full-scale, international competition is an enormous result for the sport worldwide.”

Three games each round will be staged across Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Final date, time and venue details are yet to be finalised, however a round-by-round draw released today includes a number of marquee matches.

Historic Opener
    South China Tigers v Manuma Samoa in Hong Kong. Rd 1

Full House
    Fijian Latui v Western Force in Fiji. Rd 3

Pacific Derby
    Fijian Latui v Manuma Samoa. Rds 5+10

Final Fling
    Malaysia Valke v South China Tigers. Rd 10

“Season 1 is definitely fast by name and nature. A 10-round competition to decide the grand finalists will mean every match is critical,” Evans said.

“We have worked hard to ensure all teams’ travel times and days away from home are similar and I know all the teams and unions involved share our expectation around how even the competition will be.

“We hope all fans of elite sport get behind their teams and ensure loud and proud crowds provide a real home ground advantage.

“The ‘always entertaining’ Rapid Rugby philosophy is one of the things that sets us apart and I promise we will provide a fun, family-friendly atmosphere at all games in all venues throughout the season.”

The brainchild of Australian businessman and internationally renowned philanthropist Andrew Forrest AO, Global Rapid Rugby began as a Perth based exhibition series in 2018 after Australia’s Western Force was removed from the international Super Rugby competition. It grew into a 2019 Showcase Series across seven Asia Pacific territories, featuring 70-minute matches, revolutionary new rules and an emphasis on off-field entertainment for fans.

Last edited by .X.; 14-11-19 at 08:41.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exile
    Sydney

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force Fixtures
    Name:  2020-Global-Rapid-Rugby-Schedule-WESTERN-FORCE-INSERT-R.jpg
Views: 3153
Size:  186.1 KB

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    FIVE CHALLENGERS FOR RAPID RUGBY TITLE

November 14, 2019

Western Force will tackle Hong Kong, Malaysia, Fiji, Samoa and another team based in Asia for the first-ever Global Rapid Rugby championship next year.

The format for the 2020 competition was released today featuring six teams, 10 rounds, 31 games including a one-off Final, and a $AU 1 Million prize pool.

While dates and times are still being finalised, Western Force will open its campaign at home on the weekend of March 13-15, with the final round, also at home, on May 22-24. Perth will host five home games at the famed ‘Force Field’ at HBF Park.

The top two teams on the Global Rapid Rugby Season 1 points table at the end of 10 home-and-away rounds will go head-to-head in a Grand Final on the weekend of June 5/6.

Announcing details of the inaugural competition, Global Rapid Rugby CEO Mark Evans said negotiations are close to completion with another Asian side to complete the Season 1 team list.

“The evolution from a handful of exhibition matches in 2018 to a 31 game 2020 home-and-away season will really put Rapid Rugby on the sporting map,” Evans explained.

“As the inspiration for Andrew Forrest’s Asia Pacific vision, the Western Force and its loyal fan base is a critical player. We want all fans of elite sport to get behind their teams and ensure loud and proud crowds provide a real home ground advantage.

“A lot of work has been done to reach this stage and we can’t wait for the competition to kick off in March.”

After beginning in Perth against Malaysia Valke, the Force will embark on a Pacific Island road trip in rounds 2 and 3 before a competition wide bye, and then return to HBF Park in the second week of April against the South China Tigers. The team then has rolling away and home matches and, if it qualifies, would enjoy a week off leading into the Grand Final to be staged in Perth.

Coach Tim Sampson is thrilled by the quality of the opposition and the challenge that awaits.

“We have been working towards this for a couple of years now. The chance to test ourselves week-in-week-out and playing internationally against quality opposition is extremely appetising,” Sampson said.

“Looking at the draw there will be some challenging periods, but there is no hiding from the fact we want to emulate this year and play footy that we enjoy playing, and also that our wonderful supporters enjoy watching.”

Of the other four sides in Season 1, South China Tigers, Fijian Latui and Malaysia Valke were part of this year’s Rapid Rugby Showcase Series and are again supported by their local governing bodies. Samoa also played this year, however, the 2020 team carries a different name and the backing of the Samoa Rugby Union.

Force fans and everyone wanting to support Australia’s team in the inaugural Global Rapid Rugby competition can now purchase membership packages.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/five...d-rugby-title/

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is BOP involved? Perhaps with this 'Team Asia'?

vCash
    Full Schedule
    Name:  2020-Global-Rapid-Rugby-Schedule-EDM-INSERT-R3-768x1028.jpg
Views: 2206
Size:  139.5 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    The GRR website has teams listed at the bottom with flags and Singapore is there with the above five. Not sure if somebody forgot to take that out before the announcement for their participation is confirmed, or if it is lefty over from this year.

vCash
    I wonder what happened to the Asia Pacific Dragons. After years of whinging they wanted to be in a pro comp, the finally make it in, then poof, gone. Wtf!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    West story says its going to be in Shanghai backed by BoP

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I wonder what happened to the Asia Pacific Dragons. After years of whinging they wanted to be in a pro comp, the finally make it in, then poof, gone. Wtf!
    I'm hearing it is the same team under a different name. Maybe something to do with the current political situation?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Airfare to Perth for 13 - 16 March 2020 booked.

just gotta figure out how to pay for it now

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Airfare to Perth for 13 - 16 March 2020 booked.

just gotta figure out how to pay for it now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgct3Jn8pFA

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    West story says its going to be in Shanghai backed by BoP
    That'd be interesting to see. Hopefully they can get the broadcast details out soon. Will be interested to see how the first official season shapes up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I'm hearing it is the same team under a different name. Maybe something to do with the current political situation?
    Same team as in Team Asia?

I thought that was going to be China based and backed by Bay of Plenty? Something seems amiss.

Either BOP are partnering up with the AP Dragons and forming a new Asian side. Or BOP arent involved and Team Asia is a rebranded AP Dragons side. Or the AP dragons are gone and BOP merged with this new side.

Very confusing, I wish they would clarify considering all the news about BOP earlier.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast