Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: NRC FINAL - Western Force vs Canberra Vikings, Perth, UWA Sports park ,12pm

Champion
    vCash
    With a song and team spirit like that, the Force can beat any team. Love it. I think that was Marcel in the middle leading it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I liked this.........The last twenty minutes of the game were about playing with enjoyment, and for the fans that packed the hill at MacGillivray Oval at UWA.”
    The Force boys really put on a show for us & it was a joy seeing how much they enjoyed the game. It’s made my week.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    ....... my year

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Brett deserves a medal for his almost single handed journalist support of NRC. That excellent report above is on the RA's website, but I notice on Roar and GAGR he has expressed his concerns about moves by some Sydney club sides to kill off the NRC and replace it with sort of elite national club competition.

He said last week on Roar:
    ""And yet the whispers remain that next year’s NRC could well be the last in this eight-team national format as we know it, with the thinking being that some kind of hybrid, half-pregnant competition including existing clubs can be established. As if the record of well over 70 NRC players graduating to Super Rugby the following season isn’t proof enough that this competition is doing exactly what it’s supposed to, it seems that good old-fashioned Australian rugby self-interest could yet claim another scalp and undo all the good work.

It’s madness to me. I don’t understand how that’s possibly a good idea, particularly given how important the next few seasons are going to be for the development of this cohort of exceptional young talent, with the Wallabies losing a generation of senior players.

What the NRC needs going forward isn’t self-interested types protecting their own patch. It needs investment in youth and investment in the best of the club players around the country so that it doesn’t have to be a decision whether to play or not because they’ll lose out financially.

Seven teams around the country, with two each in Brisbane and Sydney plus the Fijian Drua, is the right fit.

So just confirm that format for the future. What Australian rugby needs right now is certainty, not some kind of half-baked solution designed only to appease a minority.""

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/10/2...for-nrc-title/

Last edited by JSJ; 29-10-19 at 21:13.

Player
    vCash
    What is worrying is that five talented players are leaving the Force obviously believing that their career path will not progress in the West despite Castles and RA reassurance to the contrary. The lack of respect shown by these clowns at RA really pisses me off .

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    This Force team I believe is good enough to front up to any Super Rugby franchise not only with the talent but also with the culture at the club that breeds success at the highest level . I’m looking forward to GRR rubbing RA noses in it .

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agree with Brett. The Roar needs to stop posting nonsensical articles written by Luke Ringland. The bloke is a halfwit who wants to send Rugby back to the 80s.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6