Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force v Sydney Rays - 12 October 2019

Senior Player
    vCash
    Great game from our halves pairing today, Deegan and Fines were just on fire. Great game from Placid, hope he is not injured, he did not look great when he came off. Was impressed with Rory O'Sullivan, for a little scrumhalf he was tackling like a demon. Really hope Tuatara-Morrison gets awarded with a contract for next season. Just need to tidy up our defense a bit for next week.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Looks like we will be playing Brisbane city again next week at UWA. Times TBC

vCash
    Nice to see the heartland helping the Rabble to prop up the ladder.

To borrow from ScoMo; "How good is Fiji? A nation of under a million providing players to almost every squad at RWC, plenty in the NH premierships, Super League and the NRL. Then they fill their own RWC squad - done out of a possible win over Wales by some questionable refereeing. Plus the Drua and last night, a prime Minister's Mungo XIII with only Fiji based players who played well in a brave loss to Scomo's XII; all First Graders peppered with Origin and Test players.

Bit of kudos to our PM in that one too. Rather than swanning around in a VIP setting he spent the night running the water and kicking T's.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    13 vs 12?

Back on topic after shastas epic grog induced rant great effort lads sewn up top spot, with Rabble holding on desperately to the wooden spoon?

I do agree somewhat with Shasta ... I think ... It's getting beyond a joke with the Fijians/et al PIs filling in 18 spots of a 30 person roster. Naisarani? Love the bloke, should be in white. Along with Korobeite (sic) etc.

Can't have a PI team winning the RWC, someone at corporate HQ would choke on their prawn sanger

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Looks like we will be playing Brisbane city again next week at UWA. Times TBC
    The Force website says 12 pm, but they also say opponent TBC, so it needs updating: https://www.westernforce.com.au/fixtures/

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    13 vs 12?

Back on topic after shastas epic grog induced rant

I do agree somewhat with Shasta ... I think ...
    I like a beer as much as anyone. But grog induced rants at 3:30 pm? I rarely post late at night but even if I did, I usually know who I agree with

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    who are the commentators?-they talk absolute shite
    Commentators made out that is was the brave Shute Shield amateur boys up against the men of the professional Western Force team.
    - amateurs ? Dont they get paid to play NRC and Super rugby?

""Clearly building for the future, Sydney has five Junior Wallabies in its squad including WA’s very own livewire scrum-half Michael McDonald who will line up against the Force for the first time having secured a Warratahs contract mid-year.

Other youngsters including highly-rated fly-half Will Harrison and have spent the season maturing alongside established Super players like captain Lalakai Foketi and Lachlan Swinton while promising backrower Charlie Gamble and prop Shambeckler Vui also recently signing Super contracts""

https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...h-for-the-top/

And the Tahs, building for the future, have also signed one of the Force youngsters in Carlo Tizzano for next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Great game from our halves pairing today, Deegan and Fines were just on fire. Great game from Placid, hope he is not injured, he did not look great when he came off. Was impressed with Rory O'Sullivan, for a little scrumhalf he was tackling like a demon. Really hope Tuatara-Morrison gets awarded with a contract for next season. Just need to tidy up our defense a bit for next week.
    They missed having Chris bolster the side last week. He’s been playing better every week & links well with hia running passes, hope he does land a contract, has a good level head.

Senior Player
    vCash

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    FORCE CROWNED MINOR PREMIERS

The Western Force has won the 2019 National Rugby Championship minor premiership after a crushing 24-point victory against Sydney.

The Force's rapid open style of play was too much for the very well drilled Sydney side who displayed a very traditional style of play in the 57-33 victory.

The Western Force didn’t miss a step in their game plan starting the match right off the bat, led by Heath Tessmenn who broke the line straight from the kick-off. It wasn't long until Andrew Deegan opened the 90-point scoring tally after a brilliant set up by winger Johan Placid saw him cross over the try-line.

Sydney replied quickly playing textbook traditional style rugby, running dangerous lines that saw winger Triston Reilly break through to touch down in the corner before Australian Schoolboy captain William Harrison levelled the score with the conversion.

Despite the equalised score, a single-minded Force kept the pressure up and marched on forward, minimising Sydney's attacking opportunities and bravely running over the try line to finish the first half with a 19-point lead.

Stepping up as skipper for the Force, Deegan displayed poise throughout the match as well as a strong performance with the boot nailing five out of six conversions.

With the entirety of the bench playing in the second-half, the depth of the Force squad was tested and proved too strong for the home team with Palmyra Rugby Club's Chris Miller coming away with a try of his own.

Both teams looked to entertain the crowd with some back and forth try-scoring, Miller was just one of five Force try scorers in the half with both Australian Seven's representative Pama Fou and round six Rising Star Byron Ralston going back for seconds.

By the 70th minute, the Force were up by their highest margin of the game leading by 33-points. Sydney was able to hit-back as the Force momentarily took their foot off the pedal with Harrison setting up Ryan McCauley for a nice consolation try.

The translation from Global Rapid Rugby certainty paying dividends for the fast-paced Force team showing an unparalleled match fitness in the NRC regular season finishing as the highest try-scoring team in the competition.

RetraVision Man of the Match: Issak Fines

Western Force 57 – 33 Sydney
    (Half time: Western Force 26 - 7 Sydney)

Western Force: 57
    Tries: Miller, Tizzano, Kaitu’u, Ralston 2, Fou 2, Lloyd, Deegan.
    Cons: Deegan 5, Strachan.

Brisbane City: 33
    Tries: Cotton, McCauley, Harrison, Reilly.
    Penalty Try
    Cons: Harrison 3

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Temperature forecast 31 . Should be a great morning out on the hill ! Cmon Force ! Stick it to those east coast w...... s ( amateurs )

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If Fines and Deegan are not called up into the Wallabies squad when they are finally spotted by the scouts who think Australia stops as the NSW border, then the system is more broken than I thought it was.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Fines isn't playing for the tahds next year, so no chance of him getting a gig

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If Fines and Deegan are not called up into the Wallabies squad when they are finally spotted by the scouts who think Australia stops as the NSW border, then the system is more broken than I thought it was.
    Oh, they will both be discovered and picked next year, when they are playing super dooper rugby.

That Jonah Placid has slipped under the radar. Big and fast, with good skills. The Force coaches seem to be pretty good at spotting talent in the east, that the wise men there have ignored.

vCash
    What school did Placid attend?

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast