Thread: NSW board unaware of potential CEO departure

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

NSW board unaware of potential CEO departure

Yesterday at 5:50 PM Super Rugby
    by RUGBY.com.au staff

NSW Waratahs CEO Andrew Hore is reportedly set to leave Sydney and join the Blues as their chief executive.

NZ's 1 News reported on Friday that Hore had beaten out a host of high-profile candidates to land Auckland's top job.

A Waratahs spokesperson said Hore had been approached about the position but that was as far as the process went.

If Hore is set to move across the ditch, the NSW board is also unaware of any of those plans.

NSW Rugby chairman Roger Davis said the board had not received any notification from Hore about a potential resignation.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Davis said.

“I have noted the rumours but I can’t confirm anything. We are looking into it now.”

The chief executive was in Japan just two days ago, sitting alongside new Waratahs coach Rob Penny in Tokyo, before news of his potential move emerged.

Hore joined the Waratahs in 2016, moving from Welsh team Ospreys, having worked in Canterbury, with NZ Rugby and the Crusaders before that.

The New Zealander oversaw the club's move from Moore Park to Daceyville and the re-amalgamation of NSW Rugby and the Waratahs.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/1...-waratahs-hore

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Waratahs confirm Hore departure
    Today at 12:51 PM Super Rugby
    by Beth Newman in Japan

The Waratahs have officially confirmed CEO Andrew Hore is leaving NSW "to take up an opportunity elsewhere."

Initial reports emerged last Friday that the chief executive was set to take over at Auckland's Blues but at the time NSW denied any potential move.

On Friday, NSW chairman Roger Davis said he and the board had received no indication from Hore about his looming departure.

Just two days Hore was sitting alongside new coach Rob Penney, unveiling him to the media with no suggestion he would not be around to see Penney begin his new role.

On Monday, though, Hore's exit became official with NSW releasing a statement on Monday afternoon confirming the news, saying he was departing "to take up an opportunity elsewhere".

In Monday's statement, Davis praised Hore for his impact on the club since taking over in 2016.

"Andrew has been at the forefront of significant progress for NSW Rugby and the Waratahs,” he said.

“What he’s been able to achieve during his time here is a credit to his work ethic, drive and passion for our game.

“He’s assembled an excellent team [at NSWRU] to carry out the vision of the NSW Rugby Board, implementing programs and strategies that will secure rugby’s future for many years to come.

“On behalf of the NSW Rugby Board, I’d like to congratulate Andrew on what he has achieved during his time here and wish him the very best with his future endeavours.”

Hore thanked Davis and the board for their support during his tenure.

“Roger and the Board have been a tremendous support, allowing our organisation to achieve some special things,” he said.

“It’s bittersweet to be leaving NSW Rugby, it’s a wonderful place filled with people passionate about our game.

“Thanks to the work of the entire team – from our administration, to players, to our Development Officers across NSW – there’s a strong platform for success.

“I look forward to seeing the game in NSW prosper, and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has made my time here so enjoyable.”

During his time as CEO, Hore oversaw a number of changes, including the shift of the team from Moore Park to Daceyville and the reunification of the Waratahs and NSW Rugby.

Chief operating officer Philip Van Schalkwyk has been named interim CEO .

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/1...hore-departure

Champion
    vCash
    Roger Davis on the axing of the Force, and what should be done with the money RA saved.

"I'm unequivocally selfish in this," Davis said. "Focusing on NSW and my colleagues to the north in Queensland, we've got 80 per cent of the players, 80 per cent of the Super players, they all come from NSW and Queensland and that's there we believe any community funding should be directed.

"Community is a broad church and the devil's in the detail as to exactly how much we're going to get, who has the authority to allocate it and where it's allocated."
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...12-gvjlnd.html

Mr Davis must look in the mirror sometimes and wonder why the Tahs under perform consistently with such a wealth in player numbers and why he has such a turnover of coaches and CEOs.

Perhaps the solution is staring him in the face?

Last edited by JSJ; 07-10-19 at 13:03.

vCash
    Even though we've been axed from not-so-super-anymore Rugby, I'll always be thankful for the Force. I would still be a Waratahs supporter otherwise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have lived in Sydney for 19 years and 11 months and I still will not be a Waratahs fan.

NEVER going to happen.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hey X being Sydney based have you noticed any significant difference to the system that Hore has supposedly implemented?

Senior Player
    vCash
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...07-p52yc4.html
    Seems like things weren't all peaches and cream with Hore's decision. Maybe the blokes had enough of having to deal with a myopic twat!

vCash
    I would expect that mypoic twat was part of the job description.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Hey X being Sydney based have you noticed any significant difference to the system that Hore has supposedly implemented?
    Even being involved with Subbies Rugby.

Zero change. apart from having to pay an extra fee to NSW Rugby along with the Fee, we pay to RA.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco