Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019

vCash
    If he was (as WE all know) such an awful coach and should have been sacked long ago, then those who re-appointed him showed such poor judgement that they too should all resign. They are very clearly not fit to hold the reins of our great game.

Come on board and exec of Rugby Australia, put your egos and power plays aside for once and make a decision that is right for rugby, not yourselves.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Dear Alison

How are you?

Could not agree more. If the COO of an organisation has a disconnect with the CEO and Chair, the board must go.

Further disconnect is that neither Chieka nor Hooper could bring themselves to apologise to the thousands of Community Rugby participants in Australia. Those same volunteers of clubs across the country who have to explain to aspiring young boys and girls why they should play Rugby. Total lack of vision, direction, motivation and execution of basic skills.

Wallabies will be knocked out during pool stage in France 2023.

vCash
    One of Australian rugby’s most respected voices, Rod Kafer, believes Michael Cheika shouldn’t be the only person held accountable for the Wallabies’ Rugby World Cup quarter-final exit and that sweeping changes to the Rugby Australia board must be made.
    His comments were echoed by the Wallabies’ most capped player George Gregan, who said the game in Australia needed to “smash the wheel” before starting anew and that systematic change was needed.

Speaking on Fox Sports after Cheika had fallen on his sword, Kafer said the Rugby Australia board deserved scrutiny for sticking with the coach 10 months ago after he presided over the Wallabies’ worst year since 1958, winning just four of 13 Tests.

Rugby Australia chief executive Raelene Castle and chairman Cameron Clyne were part of a review process that decided to stick with Cheika through to the World Cup.

The struggles of 2018 came after two years of poor results, which included series defeats to the All Blacks, a series whitewash at the hands of England in 2016 and two defeats to Scotland in 2017.

While Cheika survived, his powers were reined in as Scott Johnson arrived as director of rugby and a part of a new three-man selection panel, which also included dual international Michael O’Connor.

The Wallabies were thrashed 40-16 by England on Saturday, Eddie Jones’ seventh straight victory over his former side.

“Michael Cheika didn’t select himself to be coach,” Kafer said.

“He was chosen by a CEO and a board and then again, given the opportunity (following) a great review in December of last year, with a whole range of other alternate strategies and information presented, the board then elected to stay with that status quo in the event that they knew that the campaign could be a failure, and it has been a failure.

“Cheik didn’t select himself.

“He was selected by a board and I think they’ve failed in their assessment of what is the right thing for Australian rugby.

“There are a whole range of people who should be putting their hand up now and accepting responsibility for the choices they made.”

Kafer was then asked directly by Fox Sports rugby host Nick McArdle whether the board should resign.

“I think we’ve been down this path a long time, haven’t we?” Kafer said.

“We’ve been talking about the way the board has behaved over a long period of time and there’s been a lot of other people other than me… at points in time you’ve got to show leadership, don’t you?

“The board needed to react and show leadership.

“My view is they didn’t in this circumstance.”

More here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/a...b21377bb81686a

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    All commentators should be taken as speaking bollocks until such time as they state their preferred alternative. In most cases, those calling for heads will have on mind NSW/Q'ld/Canberra/etc taking over the reins.

It is not the board or individuals that are the problem, it is the system. I'll bet nothing and no-one proposed will ever look at that actual root problem and will all just be more of the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    One of Australian rugby’s most respected voices, Rod Kafer, believes Michael Cheika shouldn’t be the only person held accountable for the Wallabies’ Rugby World Cup quarter-final exit and that sweeping changes to the Rugby Australia board must be made....
    Really??!! ..after he accepted a job with Rugby Austrsalia and helped boot The Force in the balls?
    That's a bit rich...

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    All these guys talking about rebuilding when it should have happened 20 years ago.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Kafer's comments in this instance bear a striking resemblance to his tactical analyses. Monday's expert. He's not Robinson Crusoe there either; I can't recall any of those commentators calling for such action at the time of Cheikas review.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    In my view, the Australian Sports Commission needs to step up and take control of the organisation which is now called Rugby Australia.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 21-10-19 at 12:05.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Could not agree more. If the COO of an organisation has a disconnect with the CEO and Chair, the board must go.
    “I think it’s no secret that I pretty much have got no relationship with the CEO and not much with the chairman," Cheika said.

Can you imagine the reaction if a COO or CFO of a mining major said in a public forum that he/she has no relationship with the CEO and not much of a relationship with the Chairman?

What kind of a f**king circus is the board of the ARU/RA running?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 21-10-19 at 18:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    “I think it’s no secret that I pretty much have got no relationship with the CEO and not much with the chairman," Cheika said.

What kind of a f**king circus are the board of the ARU/RA running?
    The very worst and most incompetent kind, Fingertips.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    We follow the Squidge pretty closely in our home.. His analysis of Mr Chieka is pretty much on point i think..

https://vimeo.com/367203038

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Nigel Owens obviously has not read the script. Penalising AB's for taking out support players off the ball - and giving a warning for it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't wanna jinx it but is it okay to wear this tshirt again?

Name:  2019 rwc nz chokers.PNG
Views: 2270
Size:  34.4 KB

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I think you just blew it.

vCash
    Start the production run on those shirts - NZ are cooked

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast