Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019

vCash

Rugby World Cup 2019

Spoiler Warning: The All Blacks win

Now you don't have to watch it.

You're welcome.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Idk. They looked pretty sloppy in that first game with SA. Both teams did. My money is on Japan

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Also for this and the 3 previous RWCs, Wales and Fiji have been in the same Pool (according to Wikipedia, anyway).

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Uruguay having a day out. Hope they can hold on, much as I like Fiji.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Uruguay win 30-27

vCash
    I think Fiji were $1.01 with the bookies.

I really like watching the lower ranked nations at RWC. So far Georgia, and Russia have also delivered without winning.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think Fiji were $1.01 with the bookies.

I really like watching the lower ranked nations at RWC. So far Georgia, and Russia have also delivered without winning.
    I’ve seen some favourites listed $1.003 or thereabouts

vCash
    Can't believe Hodge got 3 weeks. Didn't even think it was a penalty. If that's the standard then I agree with all those questioning how Kieran Read escaped a citing. That was deliberate and off-the-ball.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Kieran Read is... Kieran Read

Quote Originally Posted by royal and ancient Oxbridge Dickshonerry
    Kieran Read pronounced +&_$#%©™¥¢£ or "Richie McGaw" is a colloquialism meaning untouchable, but specifically referring to Captain's of NZ rugby union (editor's note: oxymoron, rugby IS union) team. Common useage "that bloke has been Kieran Readed" as in violent thuggery completely ignored by Sir or better yet rewarded , or "jeez he's done a Kieran Read" as in violent thuggery misinterpreted as sporting prowess only possible if wearing black

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I could be wrong, but didn't the refs on field check the Hodge tackle when it happened and said it was ok? If that's the case, how can he be reprimanded for it after the the on field refs gave the all clear? It doesn't seem very professional undermining the refs that they hand picked for the world cup

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Prospect
    vCash
    (LIVE TV) Italy vs Canada Live Stream Online Free TV.Italy vs Canada Live Stream.Live. Rugby World Cup 2019, Italy vs Canada: livetaly and Canada clash in a Pool C match at the 2019 Rugby World Cup on Thursday.Italy vs Canada FREE: Live stream, TV channel,

[B]LIVE LINK::

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn't the refs on field check the Hodge tackle
    Sure did. But players can be cited if the officials miss an incident. Though nowdays, when incidents are reviewed from multiple camera angles by three on field and a TMO it seems insulting to impose such a heavy sanction.

Hodge was wrong footed and put off balance by the Fijian player stepping inside and dropping slightly. Bloody ridiculous. If that's the bench mark, those 2 Samoans can expect life.

BTW. Marcel is 50-1 for first try and you can bet each way. Get on

vCash
    What about that USA red card last night! As long as they are going to be consistent with the sanctions, it's all good.

I've put a couple bucks (literally) on Russia, Namibia and Canada winning their next ones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sure did. But players can be cited if the officials miss an incident. Though nowdays, when incidents are reviewed from multiple camera angles by three on field and a TMO it seems insulting to impose such a heavy sanction.

Hodge was wrong footed and put off balance by the Fijian player stepping inside and dropping slightly.
    so the fijian player was at fault for wrong footing hodge and put him off balance?
    ha ha

hodge screamed across and smashed his shoulder into the fijian, it's hodges responsibility to tackle properly, not the fijians.
    if players want to run at great speed into opposing players, they must do it legally or be punished.
    fine lines and all that, but that was the case with folau crashing into players in the air.
    do it correct and it's great, fuck up and get banned.

the USA bloke got a deserved red card

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 27-09-19 at 15:52.
    cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    so the fijian player was at fault for wrong footing hodge and put him off balance?
    ha ha

hodge screamed across and smashed his shoulder into the fijian, it's hodges responsibility to tackle properly, not the fijians.
    if players want to run at great speed into opposing players, they must do it legally or be punished.
    fine lines and all that, but that was the case with folau crashing into players in the air.
    do it correct and it's great, fuck up and get banned.

the USA bloke got a deserved red card
    Thanks for explaining all that. But I didn't see anyone blaming the Fijian player. That would be as ridiculous as expecting Hodge to stand idly by and wave him through to the goal line.

In these incidents those things are considered in mitigation. And apparently 3 top level referees and a TMO also took those into consideration. But I'm glad it gave you a laugh.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast