Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Force Squad - The List

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Official announcement tomorrow I'm told.
    Big loss, would have loved to see him smash it up again in Super Rugby.
    Yep, confirmed just then.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Hi GIGS20, Hope you dont mind but I pinched your team and posted in on Roar this morning, but did give you credit. I wanted make the point to Brett McKay that there was "Plenty of Super rugby experience in that team, if that is how you want to measure it, but I am right with GIGS20 in not discounting some of the talented young new players developed in GRR and NRC by the Force."

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Hi GIGS20, Hope you dont mind but I pinched your team and posted in on Roar this morning, but did give you credit. I wanted make the point to Brett McKay that there was "Plenty of Super rugby experience in that team, if that is how you want to measure it, but I am right with GIGS20 in not discounting some of the talented young new players developed in GRR and NRC by the Force."
    Not a problem mate, I just had a quick count of the 23 I named and there were 17 players who I count as having Super Rugby experience with another couple having missed selection due to an overabundance in some areas.

That in itself is an argument in favour of having 5 franchises. It'll be even stronger if the Force win (even only once) because then the 17 rejects will have proven that they're better than at least 23 currently contracted players.

TBH I'm loving the underdog status that we're getting because I'm confident we have all the other teams on heart, and most of them in at least one area on the field. I think we need to watch the Brumbies tight 5, they're a pretty solid unit, I think we need to watch the Rebels backline because they have some very capable names in there, they're likely to be completely disinterested and disorganised, but we can't afford to take them lightly. Reds and Tahs are pretty much basket cases, and that will make them banana skin games.

At the end of the day, a couple of wins will be enough to keep me happy and I'm pretty confident the Tahs and Rebels at least will take us lightly enough that they'll beat themselves at least once.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Youre brave posting on the Roar JSJ. I hope TWAS didn't maul you! I usually post on GAGR

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Youre brave posting on the Roar JSJ. I hope TWAS didn't maul you! I usually post on GAGR
    Twas was missing in action

vCash
    Twas was missing in action
    He's been on other pages on the Roar today (https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/06/3...gby-au-opener/) but not the one JSJ (and I) posted in.

TBH, TWAS is OK on most subjects other than the RA and why the Rebels survived the cut and the Force didn't. If he kicks of on those subjects there are enough ways to debunk his twaddle.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    He's been on other pages on the Roar today (https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/06/3...gby-au-opener/) but not the one JSJ (and I) posted in.

TBH, TWAS is OK on most subjects other than the RA and why the Rebels survived the cut and the Force didn't. If he kicks of on those subjects there are enough ways to debunk his twaddle.
    He always annoys me (along with Parkes) by continually saying that Twiggy didn’t offer $50 mill, it was conditional only of RA pId the Force $50mill - been trying to get my head around that theory. Not sure where he gets that kind of info from. Wish we had the actual details of the offer Twiggy made on the day just to shut him down with some facts. He also likes to hang out sometimes on Sea of Blue Facebook group as Joel Djosovic.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    He always annoys me (along with Parkes) by continually saying that Twiggy didn’t offer $50 mill, it was conditional only of RA pId the Force $50mill - been trying to get my head around that theory. Not sure where he gets that kind of info from. Wish we had the actual details of the offer Twiggy made on the day just to shut him down with some facts. He also likes to hang out sometimes on Sea of Blue Facebook group as Joel Djosovic.
    Tell him to read this story from the Senate inquiry

Inquiry hears Andrew Forrest called ARU’s bluff
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:18PM

Mining magnate Andrew Forrest called the Australian Rugby Union’s board's bluff when they said they would save the Western Force and resign if he pumped $70 million into the sport.
    He agreed. They backed down.
    Details of the demands were revealed for the first time during Wednesday’s senate inquiry into the future of rugby in Australia.
    Former Wallaby and Force foundation player John Welborn, an adviser for the proposed Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, said the ARU terms were presented to RugbyWA.
    But in a two-hour meeting a few days later with a Forrest deputation, the ARU board members never raised them again.
    Welborn claims the ARU said the Force could be saved if:
    The Western Force and all the other four Australian Super Rugby sides received equal funding.
    The Western Force was underwritten for the remaining three years of the broadcasting contract and a further five years.
    Forrest guaranteed to ensure the Force and RugbyWA would be in a “no loss” position.
    That $6 million a year for eight years would be pumped into grassroots rugby.
    That $20 million be provided in compensation to SANZAAR for the retention of the Force.
    “If accepted, the ARU board would resign to be replaced by a new board along with a new CEO,” Welborn said.
    “I think they were shocked that Andrew turned up willing to make what I assume would have been the largest philanthropic donation of all time and so they knocked him back.
    “I don’t think they had a plan B in terms of accepting that. At no point was there a discussion on those terms.
    “That proposition was never discussed in detail. Mr Forrest did make it clear on three occasions he was prepared to offer $50 million of new capital.
    “I was stunned that that opportunity was completely discounted. It appeared a decision was already made.
    “I was concerned that the process had not been transparent, it appeared a mindset had been created that the Western Force was going to be removed. It wasn’t because they should be removed it was because they could be removed.
    “The process, the transparency and the nature from start to finish would make a great case study of poor governance.”

vCash
    I think he gets the info from his arse. There's no way he was at the meeting, so if he thinks he's got any information it's hearsay at best, just like any info we have. He likes to ask if you have any evidence for any assertions, but never offers any himself.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Tell him to read this story from the Senate inquiry

Inquiry hears Andrew Forrest called ARU’s bluff
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:18PM

Mining magnate Andrew Forrest called the Australian Rugby Union’s board's bluff when they said they would save the Western Force and resign if he pumped $70 million into the sport.
    He agreed. They backed down.
    Details of the demands were revealed for the first time during Wednesday’s senate inquiry into the future of rugby in Australia.
    Former Wallaby and Force foundation player John Welborn, an adviser for the proposed Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, said the ARU terms were presented to RugbyWA.
    But in a two-hour meeting a few days later with a Forrest deputation, the ARU board members never raised them again.
    Welborn claims the ARU said the Force could be saved if:
    The Western Force and all the other four Australian Super Rugby sides received equal funding.
    The Western Force was underwritten for the remaining three years of the broadcasting contract and a further five years.
    Forrest guaranteed to ensure the Force and RugbyWA would be in a “no loss” position.
    That $6 million a year for eight years would be pumped into grassroots rugby.
    That $20 million be provided in compensation to SANZAAR for the retention of the Force.
    “If accepted, the ARU board would resign to be replaced by a new board along with a new CEO,” Welborn said.
    “I think they were shocked that Andrew turned up willing to make what I assume would have been the largest philanthropic donation of all time and so they knocked him back.
    “I don’t think they had a plan B in terms of accepting that. At no point was there a discussion on those terms.
    “That proposition was never discussed in detail. Mr Forrest did make it clear on three occasions he was prepared to offer $50 million of new capital.
    “I was stunned that that opportunity was completely discounted. It appeared a decision was already made.
    “I was concerned that the process had not been transparent, it appeared a mindset had been created that the Western Force was going to be removed. It wasn’t because they should be removed it was because they could be removed.
    “The process, the transparency and the nature from start to finish would make a great case study of poor governance.”
    Thanx Wholetruth-was at that session, but couldn’t remember the exact details. Maybe I should post that extract next time he starts spouting off. But Parkes is just as bad, they both slap each other on the back every time one of them makes a comment.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I have added the new signings in and we are at 38 players so far.

Can anyone confirm from the list any of the bolded players that have been released?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Pek!

vCash
    PEKKAAAAAAAA!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post

Hey Sheikh, you will need to update the back of that envelope now, with 130 Super caps for Pek and 66 for Frisby

Champion
    vCash
    I thought I read the Thrush is going around again as its only a 9 week season.
    And Alcock is still in Bold ... Retired :-(

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast