Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NRC Team Hub - Round One: All the teams, times and RUGBY.com.au stream details

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

NRC Team Hub - Round One: All the teams, times and RUGBY.com.au stream details

Today at 5:05 PM NRC

The teams are starting to flow in for the opening round of the National Rugby Championship, and already there are some star-studded squads emerging.

The NSW derby kicks off proceedings on Saturday in a quadruple-header of NRC games that will all be live streamed right here on RUGBY.com.au.

The Vikings travel to Melbourne for their opener, before the two Queensland teams are involved in action in the last two games.

Brisbane City host the reigning champion Fijian Drua, while the impressive Western Force team host Queensland Country in Perth.

ALL GAMES FROM 12PM LIVE STREAMED ON RUGBY.COM.AU AND KAYO SPORTS.
    NSW COUNTRY V SYDNEY WILL BE ALSO BE SCREENED LIVE ON FOXSPORTS.

Saturday

NSW Country v Sydney, 12.00pm, Apex Oval, Dubbo
    LIVE ON RUGBY.COM.AU, KAYO AND FOXTEL
    NSW COUNTRY
    TBA
    SYDNEY
    TBA

Melbourne Rising v Canberra Vikings, 1.30pm, Box Hill Rugby Club, Melbourne
    LIVE ON RUGBY.COM.AU AND KAYO
    Canberra Vikings have named a heavyweight backrow in a star-studded run-on XV for their opening NRC clash against Melbourne Rising.

Vikings coach Nick Scrivener has picked a starting XV that has twelve players with Super Rugby experience.

The backrow of Peter Samu, Rob Valetini and new Brumbies recruit Will Miller is particularly eye-catching.
    In the backline, youngster Noah Lolesio will get the first chance to show he's got the goods to take over from Christian Lealiifano next year in the Brumbies no.10.

Meanwhile, Melbourne coach Pom Simona has leaned heavily on homegrown talent for the first Rising team.
    Box Hill halves Delai Moto and Michael Maloney have been named to start, and club teammates Joseva Timani and Lolohea Loco will come off the bench

“It’ll be really interesting to see how Delai and Michael in particular step up from Dewar Shield rugby to the demands of NRC,” Pimona said.

“Their form this season at club level demanded our attention and it’s not until you test guys against the best that you’ll ever understand what they’re capable of."

Dewar Shield champions Melbourne Unicorns also feature four players in the matchday 23.

“Twelve of our guys played Dewar Shield this year, so many of these guys are already familiar with each other, either having played together as team mates or against each other," Simona said.

"They know each other’s games well."

MELBOURNE RISING
    Fereti Saaga, Anaru Rangi, Vaauli Faamausili, Ross Haylett Petty, Esei Hangana, Maciu Nabolakasi, Pat Morrey, Ikapote Tupai, Delai Moto, Michael Moloney, Ah-Mu Tuimalealiifano, Semisi Tupou, William Lewesi, Taylor Acheson, Justin Marsters. RES: Mahe Vailanu, Matt Gibbon, Tetera Faulkner, Will Clift, Joe Tamani, Reece Fuller, Rodney Iona, Lolohea Loco
    CANBERRA VIKINGS
    1. Fred KAIHEA, 2. Connal MCINERNEY, 3. Jake SIMEON, 4. Darcy SWAIN (c), 5. Blake ENEVER, 6. Pete SAMU, 7. Will MILLER, 8. Rob VALETINI, 9. Ryan LONERGAN, 10. Noah LOLESIO, 11. Mack HANSEN, 12. Irae SIMONE, 13. Tom WRIGHT, 14. Toni PULU, 15. Andy MUIRHEAD. Res: 16. Lachlan LONERGAN, 17. Bo ABRA, 18. Nick DOBSON, 19. Nick FROST, 20. Angus ALLEN, 21. Seamus SMITH, 22. Bayley KUENZLE, 23. Andrew ROBINSON

Brisbane City v Fijian Drua, 3.00pm, GPS Rugby Club, Brisbane
    LIVE ON RUGBY.COM.AU AND KAYO

Brisbane City head coach Jim McKay has named an opening team blending youth and experience, and with a sprinkling of experienced youth, to take on Fiji.

Up to seven players will make their NRC debut, while another seven will run on for their first game in Brisbane City colours this weekend.

After leading the Junior Wallabies to a Grand Final appearance at the World Rugby U20s Championships in Argentina this year, flanker Fraser McReight has been named to captain the side.

Brisbane City head coach Jim McKay said: “There’s been a lot of work on and off the field from our staff and players in what has been a short preparation for this competition and we’re looking forward to our first opportunity to represent Brisbane City this Saturday.

“It’s going to be a really big day at GPS with the club’s junior breakup, so it should be a fantastic occasion with a really good crowd at Ashgrove.

“The NRC is a vehicle for players to showcase what they can do at the next level, and in our team, we’ve got a lot of outstanding club players who really deserve their opportunity.

“14 players out of our 23 can potentially make their Brisbane City debut, which shows that this competition is a way to reward players for their club form and it’s a really integral part of our development pathway.

Isaac Lucas will make his NRC debut at flyhalf for City after a successful rookie season with Queensland and the Junior Wallabies.

BRISBANE CITY
    1. Ruan Smith, 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 3. Josh Nasser, 4. Ryan Smith, 5. Rob Puliuvea, 6. Michael Wood, 7. Fraser McReight (C) 8. Seru Uru, 9. Moses Sorovi, 10. Isaac Lucas, 11. Liam McNamara, 12. Teti Tela, 13. Hunter Paisami, 14. Sefa Naivalu, 15. Lawson Creighton. RES: 16. Sean Farrell, 17. Rhys van Nek, 18. Dane Zander, 19. Bradford Kapa, 20. Adam Korczyk, 21. Sam Wallis, 22. Nick Chapman, 23. Isaac Henry.
    FIJIAN DRUA
    TBA

Western Force v Queensland Country, 3.00pm, UWA, Perth
    LIVE ON RUGBY.COM.AU AND FOXTEL

Queensland Country head coach Rod Seib has named seven Reds, and former Australian Men’s Sevens representative Tom Lucas, in his side t9o take on the Force in Perth.

The Country team contain 13 players who have previously represented Queensland County in the NRC feature in the squad.
    In the starting forward pack, fresh from an impressive Hospital Challenge Cup campaign, Easts prop Carter Ozanne will make his NRC and Queensland Country debut.

In the backs, Brothers flyhalf Rohan Saifoloi is the only player new to the Country fold, having previous NRC experience with NSW Country and the Sydney Rays.

“Heading into our first match against the Force it's great to have some consistency with our selections from previous years," Seib said.

“All bar one player within our starting XV have previous NRC experience and the majority of our team have all been core members of the Queensland Country squad over the past few seasons.

“We do have a contingent of players who are in line for their first taste of NRC Rugby and they’ve earned that opportunity through their performances in Queensland

“The Force will be a tough challenge to begin the season with. Obviously their squad has been together for some time playing in different tournaments and we’ll need to be prepared for hard clash at UWA on Saturday.”

WESTERN FORCE
    TBA

QUEENSLAND COUNTRY
    1. George Francis, 2. Efi Ma’afu, 3. Carter Ozanne, 4. Angus Blyth, 5. Harry Hockings, 6. Angus Scott-Young (c), 7. Dillon Wihongi, 8. Harry Wilson, 9. Tate McDermott, 10. Rohan Saifoloi, 11. Joey Fittock, 12. Hamish Stewart, 13. Patrick James, 14. Filipo Dagunu, 15. Jock Campbell. RES: 16. Matt Faessler, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Bronson Fotuali’i-Tauakipulu, 19. Jeremiah Lynch, 20. Connor Pritchard, 21. Reuben Wall, 22. Carter Gordon, 23. Tom Lucas.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...-hub-round-one

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Why os Force TBA when the team’s been posted for a couple of days now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Why os Force TBA when the team’s been posted for a couple of days now.
    Conspiracy

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought the squad was posted, but not the lineup for the upcoming match. You've gotta ask why?

A lot of the engagement for a low-key sport like rugby union is through word of mouth and unofficial channels. When there is radio silence, the matches are not being properly promoted.

You need to have fans knowing who's playing and what's happening ahead of time to maximise attendance and/or viewing of the games. I don't just mean for away fans but also for home fans.

The Western Force organisation need to pick up their game. In 2018 they were better overall with the details. In 2019 they've been phoning it in.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    I thought the squad was posted, but not the lineup for the upcoming match. You've gotta ask why?

A lot of the engagement for a low-key sport like rugby union is through word of mouth and unofficial channels. When there is radio silence, the matches are not being properly promoted.

You need to have fans knowing who's playing and what's happening ahead of time to maximise attendance and/or viewing of the games. I don't just mean for away fans but also for home fans.

The Western Force organisation need to pick up their game. In 2018 they were better overall with the details. In 2019 they've been phoning it in.
    I think some of them picked up a stomach bug or similar (in Tonga?), so probably waiting to see who is fit to play.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I think some of them picked up a stomach bug or similar (in Tonga?), so probably waiting to see who is fit to play.
    Yet to be convinced it's not all a bit inept.

In the end, they've named quite a strong side in the forwards, a few new faces in the backs (and one old campaigner in there twice).

Name:  WF v QC.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  156.9 KB

https://www.westernforce.com.au/star...rting-line-up/

vCash
    Ian Prior will be spewing

vCash
    That's probably Riley

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I have looked at the Foxtel TV guide for today and the Force game is not listed...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    I have looked at the Foxtel TV guide for today and the Force game is not listed...
    "Western Force vs Queensland Country, UWA Rugby Club, Perth, LIVE on RUGBY.com.au and Kayo"
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...-hub-round-one

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Are the live streams working for anyone?

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Not yet- but it was slow to come up for the Fiji Brissie City game...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Up now.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Or not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Are the live streams working for anyone?
    No!

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast