Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2020 GRR Confirmed..

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    LOL. Passing on is fine! Pass away at will. You don't like to link it, though, amirite? ... All the better to keep the 'scoop'!

Here, it's so easy I'll do it for you:

And another:

We all get busy at times, and big noting is not against the bible ... it's just a bit full of yourself is all. Many aspire to be a Big Note, but few attain such lofty status.
    WTF are you on about?

Do you record all of your P2P correspondence? Seriously. Once again. Chip off shoulder, mate.

If Forcefan (cannot remember by which name he goes by here. Steveg maybe?) has an issue with it then he can bring it up with me. Over on GAGR. Unless he's some kind of multi of yours (which I doubt) I really don't see why you feel the need to inject yourself into the exchange. And why do it here and not there?

And on the whole big noting thing. I'm not the one taking issue with something on behalf of another party (who seems to have chosen to ignore it) and has taken it upon themselves to straighten me out. Come on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WCRugger; 04-10-19 at 18:15.

Champion
    vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHFc7NGp5Hk

This little youtube scene reminds me of this growling match. Why dont we open the gate and have beer together tomorrow on the hill ?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHFc7NGp5Hk

This little youtube scene reminds me of this growling match. Why dont we open the gate and have beer together tomorrow on the hill ?

I really don't get what offence Kiap could have taken from the post. One not even involving him. Nothing personal was said. More a throw away response.

vCash
    Looks like RA are making last ditch efforts to grab financial support from Japan. Wonder how this fits in with GRR’s talks with Japan on them joining. RA are hoping to shove their nose into the trough for a lifeline, as Sky Sports now bolstering NZ rugby whereas Fox are in financial doodoo. Might not help negotiations when you’ve just snubbed their attack coach.

What Australian rugby can learn from Japan
    Japan players and management celebrate after defeating Scotland to qualify for the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals. Picture: AP
    Japan players and management celebrate after defeating Scotland to qualify for the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals. Picture: AP
    WAYNE SMITH
    SENIOR SPORT WRITER

12:00AM OCTOBER 15, 201910 COMMENTS
    Australia are assisting Japan in broadening the base of their game so that in time they will be able to take their place in The Rugby Championship.

But perhaps it is also time to seek Japan’s help in putting a sharper point on the Wallabies.

Discussions with the Japan Rugby Football Union have been taking place for some time within the framework of SANZAAR to bring the Brave Blossoms into The Rugby Championship.

READ NEXT

LETTERS
    Kurds saved Christians under ISIS
    It all looked like happening on an accelerated basis at the time when World Rugby was hoping earlier this year to get the Nations Championships up and running within the next two years.

But when the Six Nations scuttled the Nations Championship concept a more measured timetable was laid out, with Australia and New Zealand Rugby negotiating with the JRFU on the best way to use their skills and expertise to develop the competition levels that ultimately would feed the Brave Blossoms.

It all has a slightly surreal feel to it given SANZAR took the decision this year to axe the Sunwolves from Super Rugby.

Stream the Rugby World Cup 2019 on KAYO SPORTS. Every match Live & On-Demand on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Get your 14 day free trial >

However, it is becoming apparent Japan did very little to save their own team. Since then there has been a change at the top of the JRFU which has led to more open-minded thinking.

However rather than attempting to breathe new life into the Sunwolves — who will play their final season in Super Rugby next year — it appears Japan are headed down the track of creating a new domestic competition.

Rugby Australia chief executive Raelene Castle was extremely reluctant to give details of what help Australia is offering, given the fact negotiations are taking place even while the Rugby World Cup is under way. Asked how she saw this co-operation playing out in real terms she replied: “I think at the Wallabies level and Wallaroos level there are discussions about having some additional content.”

If Japan proceeds with a domestic competition it may be Australia are able to assist in things such as salary caps, player movements and competition rules.

But if the Brave Blossoms are ever likely to field a team made up primarily of native-born Japanese players — at present the split between native Japanese and imported foreign players is about 50-50 — the JRFU will need to bring on junior rugby.

Japan is flavour of the month precisely because of the stunning performances in the World Cup — where they went through their pool matches undefeated, defeating Ireland and Scotland in the process — but SANZAAR had also debated earlier this year about bringing Fiji into The Rugby Championships at the same time.

While Fiji had a disappointing World Cup, defeating only Georgia, they gave both their Tier One opponents within their pool, Australia and Wales, a ferocious fight.

Castle indicated Fiji’s entry into The Rugby Championships was an entirely different discussion to the one involving Japan.

There has been no hint of tapping into the Brave Blossoms for help in sharpening up the Wallabies’ game — but perhaps there should be once this World Cup has run its course.

Japan have played throughout this World Cup with a verve and sparkle that, frankly, has made the Wallabies look tired and flat.

And if Japan have turned to Australia for assistance on the administrative side, Australia should not be too proud to be assisted by a side that is essentially revolutionising the way the game is played.

There are clearly elements of the Japanese game at the very top end which Australia has tried to develop but with little success. Things like developing momentum from scratch, offloading and even something as basic as the handling skills of the Brave Blossoms are elements which would benefit the Australian game immensely. And, with Michael Cheika set to move on as coach once this World Cup is over, certainly the time is ripe.

The pity is that Japan’s attack coach Tony Brown, who has played a central role in moulding the Brave Blossoms’ game, was recommended to Rugby Australia as a potential head coach but there are no indications that he was ever a serious contender for the job.

Champion
    vCash
    ""If Japan proceeds with a domestic competition it may be Australia are able to assist in things such as salary caps, player movements and competition rules.""

Is it the 1st of April?

RA advising Japan on how to spread and manage the game??

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ""If Japan proceeds with a domestic competition it may be Australia are able to assist in things such as salary caps, player movements and competition rules.""

Is it the 1st of April?

Gave me a laugh too. Surely the FUAR won’t be able to help financially as they are brasic and can5 even help fund grass roots in Australia. I can’t actually think of anything the FUAR could possibly do to help Japanese rugby that the Japanese can’t do for them selves and better.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Must be all their stellar work with the NRC they're pointing to...?

Seriously, WTF would RA know about running a domestic competition with a focus on player development? Japan is literally right behind Australia on the World rankings, and they are going in opposite directions.

The problem for GRR is a lack of any runs on the board. They would need to be presenting a clear vision of how it could integrate with the rest of the Japanese structure, and selling the fact that JRU would have a significant stake and equal standing in the result. SANZAR could hardly have much credibility in that area...if they have a vision for Japanese rugby, it is only as a permanent lackey and cash cow.

Last edited by AndyS; 15-10-19 at 09:16.

Apprentice
    vCash

Is it the 1st of April?

The Sunwolves are going to be in the new fully pro japenese domestic league in 2020. Imagine Twiggy nailed down a few teams for grr before the start of th World Cup. Would've seen team support grow exponentially!

Champion
    vCash
    I have enjoyed that series on Fox on the history of rugby. It highlighted the struggles of various groups against the establishment, for the right to be included.
    - the working class players in the north of England and Wales. The RFU were quite happy to see the back of them, when they broke away to RL and get paid.
    - the French, to be included in Five Nations. I did know they were actually booted out for nearly 20 years for paying players.
    - the blacks in South Africa, were locked out of main stream rugby by apartheid until only about 25-30 years ago.
    - how Grid-iron started in the USA, because they did not want to play an amateur British game anymore.
    - how soccer galloped ahead of rugby on the world stage.
    - how the 57 old farts at the RFU in England resisted having a World Cup and then professional rugby.

Then I thought of our own struggle here in WA to stay in Super rugby and getting unfairly booted out by the establishment.

When the history of rugby is updated in 10-20 years time, will this event be included as a major milestone? Enter Twiggy on stage and the start of Global Rapid Rugby and how it changed rugby for ever and helped fan a huge growth of rugby in Asia and the Pacific in the 2020's and 2030's ???

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If Japan proceeds with a domestic competition it may be Australia are able to assist in things such as salary caps, player movements and competition rules.
    Translation: If you want to manipulate contract and franchise funding to induce players to move to certain "golden child" franchises in violation of your stated competition rules; we are your one stop shop. But you must be prepared to have buckets of shit poured all over your administration. You also need to have a corrupt constitution which perpetuates an amoral board who can weather the shit-storm, stay on the gravy train and watch the demise of the game nationally with an Alfred.E. Neuman outlook.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The new GRR/Western Force CEO has co-written a book about the modern game. It’s called Unholy Union: when rugby collided with the modern world.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Unholy-Uni.../dp/1472130685

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The new GRR/Western Force CEO has co-written a book about the modern game. It’s called Unholy Union: when rugby collided with the modern world.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Unholy-Uni.../dp/1472130685
    Looks like an interesting read.
    The new GRR CEO is Mark Evans, but that book is written by Mike Alwin?

Champion
    vCash
    Looks like an interesting read.
    The new GRR CEO is Mark Evans, but that book is written by Mike Alwin?
    Sorry I missed the word co-written

vCash
    I didn’t know that Wayne Smith had taken up comedy. The RA skilled FMD. We know what they are skilled at and it isn’t Rugby administration.

Of course it is last ditch as the already budgeted World League is dusted, FOXTEL is losing money and they haven’t signed a new tv deal yet. There must be something going on as the usual press leagues about the tv deal haven’t occurred.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Bay of Plenty set to partner with China in new Global Rapid Rugby venture.
    https://twitter.com/sumostevenson/st...96284288536576

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast