Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bledisloe 1 @ The Craypot 10 August 2919

vCash
    Chris Rattue is the first Kiwi journo (I don't count that ex-pat pom scribe who continually snipe the AB's - a vindictive wanker) who has dared say what many have thought - that because of their class and dominance many referees have hesitated to penalise them at times.

That wanker Gregor Paul had one headline that screams "Fear for Rugby Itself" after the RC. My view of that was that Dane Coles had effected a waist tackle and Hooper was falling. Barrett adjusted his position to make the hit and was all bar down on one knee when he connected. Guilty as charged yeronner!
    Tossers like him need to understand that ALL contact sports may fade away if measures to manage brain trauma more effectively arent't made more stringent ASAP. There's an excellent article on the topic on line at the SMH today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Chris Rattue is the first Kiwi journo (I don't count that ex-pat pom scribe who continually snipe the AB's - a vindictive wanker) who has dared say what many have thought - that because of their class and dominance many referees have hesitated to penalise them at times.

That wanker Gregor Paul had one headline that screams "Fear for Rugby Itself" after the RC. My view of that was that Dane Coles had effected a waist tackle and Hooper was falling. Barrett adjusted his position to make the hit and was all bar down on one knee when he connected. Guilty as charged yeronner!
    Tossers like him need to understand that ALL contact sports may fade away if measures to manage brain trauma more effectively arent't made more stringent ASAP. There's an excellent article on the topic on line at the SMH today.
    Unusual for Gregor Paul who is Scottish to post that. He trolls the ABs often.

The ABs have been dirty for years luckily for them Peyper who turns a blind eye to foul play by the men in black is in charge in Auckland. Peyper refereed the disgusting match in Dublin where 11 ABs incidents were referred to the citing commissioner and failed to send off Sam Cane for a shoulder charge to Robbie Henshaw’s head. Henshaw went off on a stretcher. Henshaw was lucky to have not landed on his head in the Chicago match from a Moody spear tackle. Moody only got a yellow card.

Only Fekitoa was suspended for his coat hanger ‘tackle’ on Simon Zebo. Off the maul from that penalty kick to touch Kieran Read had his arm around Jamie Heaslip’s neck to prevent a try being scored five metres from his line. Irish manager Mick Kearney went postal in the press conference and Hansen in his conference was asked why his team resorted to thuggery and played dirty.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jaco Peyper will be the deciding factor for the Bledisloe in Auckland! It always seems to me he gets star struck around the Darkness! I don't think its any coincidence that Aaron Smiths forward pass was allowed to happen with him standing virtually in line when the ball was delivered. We could march 15 Marvel super heroes out and still get beaten with that flog in charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Jaco Peyper will be the deciding factor for the Bledisloe in Auckland! It always seems to me he gets star struck around the Darkness! I don't think its any coincidence that Aaron Smiths forward pass was allowed to happen with him standing virtually in line when the ball was delivered. We could march 15 Marvel super heroes out and still get beaten with that flog in charge.
    Some might say the converse is true with Garces, given the last two red cards against the ABs were delivered by him.

If the lose next weekend please feel free to highlight the inconsistencies of the referee that turned the game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I just enjoy watching Jaco lecture international front-rowers on the finer points of scrummaging. Actually, I really enjoy seeing the look of disdain on their faces when he does.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I understand where your coming from Ecky being our resident referee, but when Jaco is on with the Darkness they seem to get away with more shit than we do. It's quite a nice thing to watch Kieran Read throw his hands in wonderment at the ref when they finally get caught with their hands in the lolly jar.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It will be the Refs fault when the wallabies get beaten by 30 odd points.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nah I doubt it will be entirely the refs fault, but I doubt he'll make the Wallabies cause a lot easier as well.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Barrett suspended for three weeks, clear for World Cup

Today at 9:40 AM International
    by Iain Payten

All Blacks lock Scott Barrett will be free to play in New Zealand’s World Cup opener after being suspended for three weeks for shoulder charging Wallabies captain Michael Hooper in Perth.

After getting a red card at Optus Stadium, Barrett pleaded guilty to the offence under Law 9.16 - a player must not charge or knock down an opponent without attempting to grasp the player.

Barrett was initially facing at the mid-range penalty of a six-week suspension, which would have imperilled his World Cup selection, but the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee reduced the ban to three weeks.

Barrett will serve the suspension in Mitre Ten Cup matches and be able to play after September 1.

In his finding, Foul Play Review Committee Chairman Adam Casselden SC ruled the following:

"Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles and additional evidence, including submissions from his legal representative, Stephen Cottrell, the Foul Play Review Committee upheld the Red Card under Law 9.16."

"With respect to sanction the Foul Play Review Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a mid-range entry point of 6 weeks due to World Rugby instructions that dictate any incident of foul play which results in contact with the head and/or neck must start at a mid-range level. However, taking into account mitigating factors including the Player's exemplary judicial record, his expressed remorse and the fact the Player has pleaded guilty at the first available opportunity, the Foul Play Review Committee reduced the suspension to 3 weeks."

"The Foul Play Review Committee adjourned the hearing to seek more evidence regarding the Player's proposed schedule of matches. Upon reconvening the Foul Play Review Committee was presented with extensive evidence demonstrating the Player's intended playing schedule."

"The player is therefore suspended for 3 weeks, up to and including Sunday 1 September 2019.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...ett-suspension

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2