Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Classic Force TV Commercial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Solid advertising campaigns are meant to try and stop that from happening. Showing the general public what good quality rugby looks like in a non rugby playing state should have been the priority. The save it for the game adverts totally missed the mark. The one in the opening post would have had absolutely no hope of attracting new fans. The media campaign back then was absolutely hopeless.
    You show me an advert of a great play of AFL and I will go 'nah, this sport is rubbish' and flick channel. I won't understand what is a good play and a bad play because I don't understand the game.

But if you make me laugh or grab my attention I will be sitting in the office later in the day, have a chuckle and maybe message the mates asking if they want to go get a bevvy and check this 'AFL' out. I may not know what the hell is going on at first but if I associate it with a laugh I am likely to keep going back and develop a love of the game from there.

Save it for the Game did this for the Force, I had previous non Force supporting buddies mentioning it as a joke if someone got riled up. That's marketing that works.

And I think by Solid advertising campaigns you mean propaganda? No amount of advertising will stop people leaping off a sinking ship. Look at the Dockers at the moment, do you honestly think a marketing campaign will keep fans on that ship?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Most of the members that I joined with jumped ship because the in field product and results were rubbish, not because of an adverting campaign.

Look at the Brisbane Lions, has great crowds and memberships during their golden years at the turn of the century, crowds went into the toilet for the better part of 10 years while they were garbage and now they’re winning again this year the crowds are coming back in numbers.

Happens in every sport.

To suggest people turned off due to an advertising campaign is ridiculous.

Last edited by jargan83; 08-08-19 at 16:14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Like "explaining why you are right" (or he/she is wrong) to a serial dickhead?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Most of the members that I joined with jumped ship because the in field product and results were rubbish, not because of an adverting campaign.

Look at the Brisbane Lions, has great crowds and memberships during their golden years at the turn of the century and not they’re winning again this year the crowds are coming back in numbers.

Happens in every sport.

No one suggested the advertising campaign TURNED THEM OFF.

The advertising campaign is meant to attract new fans and members for which is completly failed. "Save it for the game" was total rubbish and no one found it funny except for a few monty python fans who laugh at anything..

The above advert is completely useless at achieving any of the above. Most people wouldnt know who half those players are, and to top it off most people wouod feel an unease watching fully grown men talk about "us" and all the other crap they waffle on about. It totally missed the mark.

The NRL has there advertising campaigns sorted out. They show massive hits during state of origin adverts, they show abit of biff, great tries, fans going ballistic etc and look at the popularity around that game and all the new fans they constantly attract to their sport, especially compared to super rugby

vCash
    "Save it for the game" was total rubbish and no one found it funny except for a few monty python fans who laugh at anything..
    You do know how Monty Python is viewed in comedy circles right? Big Bang Theory would be more appropriate. But you probably need to lighten up either way.
    The above advert is completely useless at achieving any of the above. Most people wouldnt know who half those players are, and to top it off most people wouod feel an unease watching fully grown men talk about "us" and all the other crap they waffle on about. It totally missed the mark.
    Are you uncomfortable with men talking this way? Not very 2019 buddy.
    The NRL has there advertising campaigns sorted out. They show massive hits during state of origin adverts, they show abit of biff, great tries, fans going ballistic etc and look at the popularity around that game and all the new fans they constantly attract to their sport, especially compared to super rugby
    They show 'speccies' etc. in AFL adverts, doesn't attract me to the game. NRL adverts don't attract me to that game either. I would say both games popularity comes from an administration that knows what they are doing coupled with a salary cap which means potentially your team can be the top team at any one time, drawing in more fans that way.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    You do know how Monty Python is viewed in comedy circles right? Big Bang Theory would be more appropriate. But you probably need to lighten up either way.

Are you uncomfortable with men talking this way? Not very 2019 buddy.

They show 'speccies' etc. in AFL adverts, doesn't attract me to the game. NRL adverts don't attract me to that game either. I would say both games popularity comes from an administration that knows what they are doing coupled with a salary cap which means potentially your team can be the top team at any one time, drawing in more fans that way.
    Monty Python only appeals to the oldest lamest least funny generation to ever grace this planet. Almost no one born from 1980 onwards finds it funny or appealing and as such it has been forgotten and now just a chapter in the history books left to evaporate into a fading memory amongst the elderly. I hadnt even heard of Monty Python references for years or even decades until I saw them on this site. If thats sort of Humour you with to portray to try and attract fans then its totally misguided because if they want to grow the rugby fan base then they should be appealing to the younger generations coming through. Otherwise its simply pointless to advertise. Infact the soul reason you advertise is to grow your market/fan/ or consumer base. There is simply no other reason to advertise, its pointless.

And yes I am uncomfortable with men talking this way in a rugby advert. Its creepy and weird and the complete opposite of how you grow your market base, if you are going to try and appeal to fans you need to show them extreme action shots of your sport. Not 1min of men talking weird and creepy totally irrelevant to what they are advertising. That was a whole minute without any highlights or anything showing off the sport to people who never see any rugby because it basically hides itself on pay TV.

When I see great sporting adverts on foxtel of NFL or world series baseball it makes me want to watch a game, in fairness when I actually watched a baseball game I thought it was shit. Although Ive taken a liking to NFL and follow a team now. That never would have happenrd if I didnt see countless adverts of incredible NFL moments that made me just wake up one day and go fuck it, im gonna start watching some of this. I would never have gone anywhere near an NFL game if they advertised it like the Force did their campaign. it didnt work and those adverts were a masive waste of money and did nothing to grow rugby.

Player
    vCash
    #homophobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    #homophobe
    #IDIOT

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Love it TG. The beauty of Netflix! It’s there when I want it.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Love it TG. The beauty of Netflix! It’s there when I want it.
    Well it was OK. But the Black Knight would have been more appropriate.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"

I must be an old fart...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    And your mother smells of elderberries!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    And your mother smells of elderberries!
    ...Oh? Here was me thinking the mother of this so-called Arthur King was a hamster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2