Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Malaysia Valke 9 August, 6:30pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    They couldn't block the tournament, but it would seem they've been conceded the ability to block our involvement.
    How? When the RA have no infuence over who hires the stadiums in Australia and who can reserve the dates. The Force are a totally PRIVATE franchise and can play whenever they like and whereever they like.

The only thing that can be influenced is kick off times and the only way they can do this is if we insist on being on Foxsports instead of exclusivly on Free to air eg. SBS. And that is by using newscorp to try and sway Foxtel into refusing to broadcast during super rugby coverage. Seeing foxtel is bleeding mercilessly and dying for content is would be a very hard slog to even try and get newscorp to do this. So if GRR was willing to stay exclusivly on Free to air and stay out of the newscorp / foxtel politics they could have the game bradcast whenever on SBS vice.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    https://www.espn.in/rugby/story/_/id...ed-world-rugby

"Sanctioning has been granted subject to approval from participating unions and it's believed Rugby Australia will back the Force's participation in the tournament."

Not saying it is what should be, just saying it is what now is.

Senior Player
    vCash
    2 Malaysia 15s player, Badrul Muktee and Samuel Rentap departed to Perth this morning as they are due to join the Malaysia Valke squad. They will play in exhibition match of Global Rapid Rugby 2019 against Western Force on August 9 2019.

Malaysia Valke is consists of 90% players from South African Valke Club from Johannesburg, South Africa. The remaining 10% will be Malaysian. We are hoping to increase the percentage to 20% for the 2020 Global Rapid Rugby

Other than Badrul and Samuel, 3 more players were shortlisted by the Malaysia 15s head coach, Brad Mika to join the team. However, Only the duo will join Malaysia Valke for this first exhibition match in Perth.

Dato’ Shahrul Zaman Yahya
    President
    Malaysia Rugby Union
    http://malaysiarugby.my/duo-to-play-...8ZPwLh0YDr5u98

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I just wonder if the final game of the showcase series for 2019 would be a good time to announce to the "money where your mouth is" supportive crowd exclusively what is happening in 2020.

Or is it pretty dumb to try and beat the best opportunity for Rugby News in WA for awhile being host of the Bledisloe and try and out do that with an announcement about the Force and GRR, might be just slightly overshadowed.

Either way Twiggy is a bugger for pulling out a last minute surprise you know.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I just wonder if the final game of the showcase series for 2019 would be a good time to announce to the "money where your mouth is" supportive crowd exclusively what is happening in 2020.

Or is it pretty dumb to try and beat the best opportunity for Rugby News in WA for awhile being host of the Bledisloe and try and out do that with an announcement about the Force and GRR, might be just slightly overshadowed.

Considering you wouldnt even know a bledisloe game is on considering the piss poor media coverage here and the lack of a public training session for the All Blacks I doubt that an announcement would be overshadowed by anything.

vCash

Yes i have a gut feeling that they're gonna use the opportunity of this last game to make some sort of announcement. Hope so anyway!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Everyone feels a bit of deja vu with the lack of announcements. But I can think of at least one good reason that the cloak and dagger stuff might be needed. RA. Despite their mealy mouthed spin, they have put up hurdle after roadblock to GRR. On the evidence available, at least.
    Can you stop being such a negative piece of shit. Stop being a fucking twat. Global Rapid Rugby is perfect and you have no fucking right to be critical of it in anyway, how dare you! fans have no right to vent their displeasure at anything concerning GRR. Twiggy is a god and you need to know your place in life. How dare you think its ok to talk shit about the product when Twiggy put his money where his mouth was, he has done more for the sport than you ever have. Learn to have some respect. Stop trash talking GRR and get a life! Dickhead.

/cheerleaders

vCash
    Urgent reminder that the kick off time for the Force game tomorrow is 6.30pm.

Gates open at 5pm and
    entertainment and fireworks start at 6.15pm

There seems to be lots of confusion about the KO time so please tell everyone it’s 6.30pm

Cheers 💙

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    From the WF website: https://www.westernforce.com.au/game...alaysia-valke/

Key times

4.30pm – Gate(s) Open – Family-friendly activities are all over Gate 1! (Gate 3 will open at 4.30pm, all other gates will open at 5 pm).

4.20pm – Perth schoolboys will get a taste of Rapid Rugby on the big house as the Western Force School Boys All-Stars team takes on Aranmore Catholic College.

5.50pm – The Australian Navy Band takes to the stage performing some of their biggest hits.

5.55pm – Get a sneak peek of the teams and watch them warm-up.

6.15pm – Wadjuck Nyoongar Elder Professor Simon Forrest will present the Welcome to Country.

6.20pm – The Voice Australia’s 2018 champion, Sam Perry, will take centre stage to start off the rugby part festivities.

6.30pm – Kick-off! Join in in all the rugby action!

(It was advertised as a 6:30 PM start from the very first time the Valke game was announced on 29 May 2019.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Urgent reminder that the kick off time for the Force game tomorrow is 6.30pm.

Gates open at 5pm and
    entertainment and fireworks start at 6.15pm

There seems to be lots of confusion about the KO time so please tell everyone it’s 6.30pm

Cheers ��
    Yep got 8 tickets, club gets $20 as I used their code.

Going with my kids and my brothers kids and they are all extremly excited about the Winter wonderland and free snowcones. My older son has been trying to guess which rides will be at Gate 1. He is predicting a roller coaster which I keep telling him wont be happenig but we usually get there early enough that we spend a good 40mins on the rides, eating the free popcorn, and jumping on the bouncy castle course (which my younger son is terrified of despite loving all the high octane theme park rides they have there.

Love the early kick off time. Its funny cause I feel just as excited for this game as I do for the Bledisloe. Lets hope there is a sizable crowd.

Cannot wait. Going to the Bledisloe the next night too! This is the greatest weekend of rugby in the history of Western Australia

vCash
    Anyone heard if this will be shown on telly? Still can’t find anything. Probably doesn’t help that I’m in NSW!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Anyone heard if this will be shown on telly? Still can’t find anything. Probably doesn’t help that I’m in NSW!
    It doesn't appear to be shown anywhere. SBS Viceland is showing Monty Python (which I guess p*sses off Spartan!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I haven't heard, mate, but suspect it's not on TV. Hopefully someone who knows better than me can advise otherwise.

On the Fixtures list this game is not earmarked as one of the nine broadcast games.

Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    we spend a good 40mins on the rides, eating the free popcorn, and jumping on the bouncy castle course (which my younger son is terrified of despite loving all the high octane theme park rides they have there.

Love the early kick off time.
    Ha, I'm sure you do. Have fun with the young 'uns!

Should be a decent crowd as when I went to buy tickets late last night there were none to be had.

Name:  Ticketmaster.jpg
Views: 2990
Size:  75.6 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Should be a decent crowd as when I went to buy tickets late last night there were none to be had.
    Name:  Ticketmaster.jpg
Views: 2990
Size:  75.6 KB
    Just had a gander, I think they've refreshed it, looks like there's quite a bit left.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Still plenty of tickets left, just bought a couple myself.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast