Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Malaysia Valke 9 August, 6:30pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    I haven't heard, mate, but suspect it's not on TV. Hopefully someone who knows better than me can advise otherwise.

On the Fixtures list this game is not earmarked as one of the nine broadcast games.

Ha, I'm sure you do. Have fun with the young 'uns!

Should be a decent crowd as when I went to buy tickets late last night there were none to be had.

Attachment 5445
    Heaps left..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think if Twiggy makes an announcement, it might be one more Force fixture for the year. Maybe the warm-up game for one of the RWC teams?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I think if Twiggy makes an announcement, it might be one more Force fixture for the year. Maybe the warm-up game for one of the RWC teams?
    Didnt the Valke article suggest there could be an away game played between the Force and Malaysia Valke in November? That may be the extra game. Being an away game it probably wont be broadcast.
    The match against the Force is the first for the Falcons in the Showcase series with a match in November in Malaysia also on the cards
    It can be read two ways. A Valke vs Force rematch, or just another Valke game against a GRR side... hopefully the Force play another game and provide a stream.

vCash
    There is no game being played in November. The last game of the season is the one tonight.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    There is no game being played in November. The last game of the season is the one tonight.
    Fair enough.

Bring on tonight then

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Anyone heard if this will be shown on telly? Still can’t find anything. Probably doesn’t help that I’m in NSW!
    From https://www.westernforce.com.au/game...alaysia-valke/

HOW TO WATCH THE GAME

The best and only way to watch this game is LIVE at the Force Field – HBF Park.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Thanks Coach. Disappointed!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    From Rugby Reg on G&G

ANDREW FORREST TO MAKE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ON FUTURE OF GLOBAL RAPID RUGBY & WESTERN FORCE

Andrew Forrest will make an important announcement in an address at the Spirit of Rugby Long Lunch and will be available to media for a brief doorstop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    From Rugby Reg on G&G

ANDREW FORREST TO MAKE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ON FUTURE OF GLOBAL RAPID RUGBY & WESTERN FORCE

Andrew Forrest will make an important announcement in an address at the Spirit of Rugby Long Lunch and will be available to media for a brief doorstop.
    I was going to comment that my tip was that Twiggy would wait until the RA were in town to make an announcement so he can get the RA execs in the media photos with their shit eating grins. Play to their egos as actually NOT being scum.

Although imagine if he came out and said he'd had enough, damn.

vCash
    Gordon Bray on Nova this morning, so was a good plug for Rapid Rugby even though it involved Bledisloe news.

vCash
    Heard Gordon Bray on Nova this morning. In other news I want Gordon Bray to be the voice of my GPS.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Heard Gordon Bray on Nova this morning. In other news I want Gordon Bray to be the voice of my GPS.
    I remember hearing/reading some years back that you could get GPS audio with Billy Connolly. Dunno if it was true; but it would be hilarious I reckon.

PS: if referencing Billy offends anyone who is younger than 30, go suck a big one - cause I don't give a shit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rapid Rugby full force ahead in 2020
    August 9, 2019
    Global Rapid Rugby will expand into a home-and-away competition in 2020, with Asia Pacific teams competing for AU$1 million in prize money.

Just hours before the final game of a successful 2019 Showcase Series, Rapid Rugby Founder Andrew Forrest AO reaffirmed his commitment to the sport in WA and the Asia Pacific region.

“We decided to use 2019 to introduce the Asia Pacific to Global Rapid Rugby’s brand of the game and this proved to be a good call. The players loved it, communities embraced it and it has been great for rugby,” Mr Forrest said.

“We have formed the strong foundation needed and look forward to bringing Rapid Rugby’s innovative and entertaining game style back to our region’s growing fan base, with AU$1 million in prize money.”

In a reflection of the strength of this announcement, Western Force Head Coach Tim Sampson, and Captain Ian Prior, have re-signed to lead the team.

Foundation team, Western Force, will remain a central pillar of the 2020 competition.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA: Andrew Forrest celebrates with Brynard Stander of the Force.
    Perth, Australia. (Photo by Paul Kane/Getty Images)
    Confirmation of Rapid Rugby’s inaugural home-and-away season comes as Australia prepares to play an historic Bledisloe Cup contest against New Zealand before a record 65,000 strong crowd in Perth, Western Australia.

Mr Forrest took the opportunity to remind Rugby Australia that while Western Australia was proud to host the contest, the one-off event was not enough to secure the future of the game in the state.

“Saturday night’s turnout will be a timely reminder to the nation that Western Australia is a critical part of the future of rugby not just in this country but across the entire region,” he said.

“It’s the people of Western Australia that have kept the sport alive in this state – they have continued to form the Sea of Blue, they have backed Rapid Rugby, they will demonstrate amazing support for the Wallabies here tomorrow night and prove to Rugby Australia that WA will always be a Force in this game.”
    https://www.rapidrugby.com/rapid-rugby-full-force-ahead-in-2020/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I remember hearing/reading some years back that you could get GPS audio with Billy Connolly. Dunno if it was true; but it would be hilarious I reckon.

PS: if referencing Billy offends anyone who is younger than 30, go suck a big one - cause I don't give a shit.
    You'd have to ask the resident culture expert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Rapid Rugby full force ahead in 2020
    August 9, 2019
    Global Rapid Rugby will expand into a home-and-away competition in 2020, with Asia Pacific teams competing for AU$1 million in prize money.
    https://www.rapidrugby.com/rapid-rug...ahead-in-2020/

FANTASTIC TO GET THE CONFIRMATION TODAY.
    THE GOSS IS THAT IT'S 6 TEAMS FOR THE INITIAL SEASON.

Who know what can/will happen after SR falls into a heap after the 2020 season.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast