Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alan Jones’ latest rant

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    In the sexual assault case I am referring to the Di Patson incident.

Talking about repeat infringements, How about K Hunt. He was caught twice while at the reds dealing cocaine. Beale, while all being different, has had multiple offences. So I understand some of the differences but in terms of repeat offences how is this different to Folau? Also, surely drug dealing is also premeditated as well like Folau's social media posts
    Folau was the RA Poster Boy.

If he had of said, sorry, my bad. removed the post. Went and had sensitivity training. He would continue to be the Poster Boy for Rugby Australia.

But - he was not willing to apologise. Delete the post. Refused to take Phonecalls from RA and his own Manager for 10+ days. (which for me was a perfect example of someone who realised that he had screwed up).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Folau was the RA Poster Boy.

If he had of said, sorry, my bad. removed the post. Went and had sensitivity training. He would continue to be the Poster Boy for Rugby Australia.

But - he was not willing to apologise. Delete the post. Refused to take Phonecalls from RA and his own Manager for 10+ days. (which for me was a perfect example of someone who realised that he had screwed up).
    I agree with you and shasta that if he had just taken down the post we would not be in this mess. Unfortunately he was too stubborn to realise his post was hate speech and has nothing to do with freedom of religion. Saying that I still think more consistency is needed in regards to RA discipline of players especially with the considering the absolute disgusting behaviour of some of the players still playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    ... Saying that I still think more consistency is needed in regards to RA discipline of players especially with the considering the absolute disgusting behaviour of some of the players still playing.
    But, considering something like Tolu Latu being so drunk behind the wheel of his car that he fell asleep (possibly while being banned from driving anyway - which was mentioned in one or two articles), is there anything which RA can do to discipline him?

What he did was illegal, and did bring the sport into disrepute, but if being drunk as a skunk didn't break any RA code of conduct rules then if they'd done more than have him step down for a couple of games, they could have ended up in court again being sued by RUPA for over-stepping their authority.

If your own rules mean that the maximum charge for bringing the sport into disrepute constitutes a 'x' match ban and fined 'y' weeks wages, then that's all you can really do when someone brings the sport into disrepute. (Unless you have different levels of disrepute written into your code of conduct rules!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I know this whole Folau thing is a pain in the arse. But, as some of us have said more than once, Folau was not quoting any passage in the Bible and the one he refers to in his post does not mention homosexuals OR refer to Hell. In today's SMH a Master of Theology has stated exactly that and explained how Folau has walked blindly into a trap of his own making. Thought irt's worth a read.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/did-...17-p5281z.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2