Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force v Fiji - Friday 21 June 2019

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force v Fiji - Friday 21 June 2019

IT'S ALL HAPPENING ON FRIDAY

Not only is Friday night’s clash against Fijian Latui shaping up to be a blockbuster Pacific Showcase Series decider, it will also wrap up Members’ Appreciation Week in show-stopping style.

LIVE MUSIC WITH THE BRILLIANT BLACK SORROWS

As a key element of Members’ Appreciation Week, the Force invites you to start the party with the iconic Black Sorrows performing live at HBF Park.
    The Aussie music icons featuring legend Joe Camilleri out front, will belt out classic hits Hold on to Me, Harley and Rose, Chained to the Wheel and others in a 30 minute set from 7pm.
    The Black Sorrows have amassed a global fanbase, played to massive crowds at stadiums and festivals around the world and will provide a high energy soundtrack to what is sure to be a great night out.

LUCKY MEMBERS PRESENTATION

As a final Appreciation Week thank you to our amazing members for loyal support throughout the year, the Force will present 23 members with personalised, signed jerseys on the field after the game.
    The lucky members will be randomly selected and notified prior to Friday’s match.

TROPHY PRESENTATION

There’s still a lot of work to be done but, fingers crossed, if the team’s hard work pays off and we get the win on Friday night, the Pacific Showcase Series trophy will be presented after the game.
    If it doesn’t go our way and Fijian Latui take the title, the Western Force way is to congratulate them loud and strong as well.

JOIN THE FORCE ON THE FIELD

Ready, set, selfie!
    Following the trophy and member presentations, Members, fans and supporters will be welcome to join the players on the field to grab an autograph, picture or just to have a chat.

THE 'BADGERS' BACK

Nick 'The Honey Badger' Cummins will be at HBF Park as part of the Global Rapid Rugby broadcast team. Keep an eye out for the Force favourite around the ground!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Team announced

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT | Deegan to direct the decider
    June 19, 2019

With the Global Rapid Rugby Pacific Series on the line star flyhalf Andrew Deegan has been elevated to the Western Force run-on side, his first start since March after recovering from injury. The 24-year-old has played the last three matches off the bench after overcoming a broken thumb and was instrumental in the club’s late surge to seal victory over Kagifa Samoa last weekend.

Friday night’s match against Fijian Latui is arguably the biggest match of the 2019 campaign with both Fiji and the Force having claims to the Pacific Showcase crown.

The new look halves combination of Deegan and Issak Fines has proved game-changing for the West Australian side and Head Coach Tim Sampson expects the young flyhalf to bring a creative counterpunch to the Fijian’s attacking style.

“When Andrew has been coming off the bench he has been managing the game very well throughout the second half,” Sampson said.

“We want to start him to give him the chance to showcase his ability to guide and lead the team from the opening whistle.”

Fijian Olympic gold medalist Masivesi Dakuwaqa will miss the clash against his home nation after receiving a calf injury against Kagifa Samoa last week. Clay Uyen has been called up to start on the wing, a change that Sampson believes will allow the Kalgoorlie born back the chance to play a more aggressive style of rugby.

“Clay is very abrasive and a strong ball carrier. While he might give away a bit of size compared to Masi he still offers us a lot around the contact areas,” Sampson said.

“We’re looking forward to seeing Clay get his hands on the ball a lot and create some opportunities through his good instinct and attacking capabilities.”

Stressing the importance of finishing the game well, especially up against a nation known for the free-flowing fast-running rugby, Sampson has added experience and strength to the reserves, with former All Black Jeremy Thrush returning to the field.

“There is a lot of experience coming off the bench, and Jeremy’s natural leadership will give the team that extra boost to help them finish off the second half strongly,” Sampson said.

“It has been a trend that we have finished well in just about every match this year which just shows the quality that we have in the team.

“We pride ourselves on our match fitness and it is evident in how strong we finish games.”

In: Henry Taefu, Cameron Orr, Jeremy Thrush, Leon Power, Nick Jooste

Out: Chris Alcock (inj), Masivesi Dakuwaqa (inj), Markus Vanzati, Ben Grant.

Full Team:
    1. Harrison Lloyd, 2. Feleti Kaitu’u, 3. Kieran Longbottom, 4. Johan Bardoul, 5. Fergus Lee-Warner, 6. Henry Stowers, 7. Tevin Ferris, 8. Brynard Stander, 9. Issak Fines, 10. Andrew Deegan, 11. Clay Uyen, 12. Henry Taefu, 13. Marcel Brache, 14. Rod Davies, 15. Jack McGregor. RESERVES: 16. Heath Tessman, 17. Cameron Orr, 18. Tom Sheminant, 19. Jeremy Thrush, 20. Leon Power, 21. Rory O’Sullivan, 22. AJ Alatimu, 23. Nick Jooste.

vCash

vCash
    GAME DAY INFORMATION: FORCE V FIJIAN LATUI
    June 20, 2019
    It’s the final game of the Global Rapid Rugby Pacific Showcase and the series crown is up for grabs!

Nick ‘The Honey Badger’ Cummins will be at HBF Park as part of the Global Rapid Rugby broadcast team. Keep an eye out for the Force favourite around the ground!

Find out what we have planned for another fantastic night of rugby and entertainment.

AROUND THE GROUNDS

Key times

6.10pm – Gates Open – Family-friendly activities are all over Gate 1!

6.10pm – Our future Rugby stars take to the field as the pre-game curtain-raiser.

6.55pm – Get a sneak peek of the teams and watch them warm up.

7.00pm – The Black Sorrows take to the stage to kick off the Pacific Showcase Series final game followed by a spectacular pre-game performance you do not want to miss!

7.40pm – Kick-off! Join in in all the rugby action!

GATE ONE

Superheroes are all around Gameday! From your favourite Western Force players to Marvel’s Super-Man!

– Start your night with a traditional ‘ava ceremony hosted by the Fijian community. The ‘ava ceremony is an ancient Fijian ritual that is performed at the beginning of all important services and gatherings.

– Spider-Man will be making his first Australian appearance in his brand new high-tech suit! Make sure you and your kids get a photo with him before he webs off to save the world.

– Meet some on WA’s coolest reptiles at the animals with West Oz Wildlife.

– Challenge your friends to the Monster Ball Obstacle Course.

– Fijian dancers will keep the party going all around the stadium.

– Brush up on your rugby skills are the Rugby Roo’s Rugby skills area or get become a piece of real-life artwork at the face paint stall.

PRE-GAME ENTERTAINMENT

Pre-game entertainment is set to go off with a BANG!

Make sure you’re in your seats from 7pm to catch Joe Camilleri and the Black Sorrows perform some of their greatest hits.

HALFTIME ENTERTAINMENT

Rhino’s Rapid Catch for Cash!
    Watch as four hopefuls attempt to catch as many of the 20 Rapid Fire Rhino balls they can catch!

Can You Kick It?
    Thanks to Retravision, one lucky person gets the chance to win a $1000 voucher!

POST GAME ENTERTAINMENT

Trophy Presentation

There’s still a lot of work to be done but, fingers crossed, if the team’s hard work pays off and we get the win on Friday night, the Pacific Showcase Series trophy will be presented after the game.

If it doesn’t go our way and Fijian Latui take the title, the Western Force way is to congratulate them loud and strong as well.

Lucky members presentation

As a final Appreciation Week thank you to our amazing members for loyal support throughout the year, the Force will present 23 members with personalised, signed jerseys on the field after the game.

The lucky members will be randomly selected and notified prior to Friday’s match.

Join the Force on the field

Ready, set, selfie!

Following the trophy and member presentations, Members, fans and supporters will be welcome to join the players on the field to grab an autograph, picture or just to have a chat.

GETTING TO AND FROM THE GAME

Public Transport is included in your game day ticket and/or Membership card(s)!

Bus stops are located on Lord, Beaufort and Brisbane Street, with all buses servicing the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station.

Or you can catch the train with Claisebrook Station just 300m from Gate 4. McIver, East Perth and Perth Station are also roughly a 15-minute walk away.

If you wish to drive in, parking is available at all train stations as well as parking lots around the area. Brisbane Street Car Park is located a couple minutes’ walk away from the stadium, with parking lots on Beaufort and Stirling streets also just around the corner.

HOW TO WATCH THE GAME

The best way to watch this game is LIVE at the Force Field – HBF Park.

Can’t make it to the game? For more broadcast information, please visit rapidrugby.com.

MEMBERSHIP QUERIES

Member packs will be available to be collected at this Friday night’s game from INSIDE the Members Marquee.

The Member Marquee is located in the South East corner of HBF Park (next to Gate 4) and is open from 6.10pm through to 30 minutes post game.

Please remember to bring your redemption voucher to ensure you can collect your member pack on the night!

Member packs will also be available for collection from the Western Force team store (203 Underwood Avenue Floreat) from Monday, April 15 onwards between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Please note: The Shed will be closed to patrons for the pre-game entertainment, but will be opened just before kick-off

vCash
    I have a birthday to attend, will this be on TV?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Live on SBS Viceland (now Channel 229 on Fox) 7.30pm WST

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 20-06-19 at 15:13.

vCash
    Joe Veitayaki and Filimoni Seru?! It's turning the clock back to the 1990s!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    All members have access to two free tickets for guests, check your emails to get them

vCash
    I ended up with 8 free tickets extra to tonights game but i was unable to give them away to any juniors in the club, bit of a shame but its too late for them all apparently, especially with their early game tomorrow morning. How do I go about cancelling these so they are available for someone else to purchase?

It would be a shame if they remained as empty seats but I cant seem to give them away..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I ended up with 8 free tickets extra to tonights game but i was unable to give them away to any juniors in the club, bit of a shame but its too late for them all apparently, especially with their early game tomorrow morning. How do I go about cancelling these so they are available for someone else to purchase?

It would be a shame if they remained as empty seats but I cant seem to give them away..
    Give them away at the gate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Give them away at the gate
    Everyone at the gate would have tickets already tho I assume.

I just want them gone so I dont get an angry email from RugbyWA asking why I am hoarding unused tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    You have to ask yourself the hard questions Jarg - Would a real friend have a birthday celebration when the rugby is on?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Very entertaining half, 25-14

No kids here

None of ours are ever mentioned as potential wallabies ... Deegan, Rocket, KBomb, Ferris etc yet they are playing soooo much better than the dross on display by Reds, Tahrds and Rebels. And I hate saying that given 9 or so of the Rebels starters plus all the coaches were ex-Force

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

vCash
    Isaac Fines = Sideshow Bob

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast