Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stronger as 3

Player
    vCash

Stronger as 3

The commentary after the game - especially Steve Hoiles who is saying Australia has too many professional players.

Gee that gives me the irrates!

What about expanding and suffering through some of the pain to promote the game.

This sport is truely eating itself.

If you look at the AFL model - granted not an international sport but they cop heavy losses on the chin and promote expansion and development eagerly.

I gather although I don’t know the sport as well but soccer and basketball are moving ahead in leaps and bounds promoting the sport through out the country.

These people up the top are trough feeders.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hoiles always talks through his arse. The Stronger as 4 has completely blown up in their faces, and trying to justify stupid decisions and stubbornly continuing the same path just proves how out of their depth they are. BTW, Wessels does not look very healthy AT ALL! The Rebs HQ meeting tomorrow might a tad tense. Why do I feel so smug?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    mate,right on to it--Hoiles,total pratt,shrinking to greatness is his sydney centric mantra

Senior Player
    vCash
    Why dont they just cut down to one, they have been complaining about the Jaguares being an almost test team, they can do the exact same thing with the wallatahs.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hoiles always talks through his arse. The Stronger as 4 has completely blown up in their faces, and trying to justify stupid decisions and stubbornly continuing the same path just proves how out of their depth they are. BTW, Wessels does not look very healthy AT ALL! The Rebs HQ meeting tomorrow might a tad tense. Why do I feel so smug?
    I have always thought Wessels made a big big mistake not taking that Munster Job.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I haven’t had a good rant for a while on the roar but got it off my chest tonight��

So as a Force fan - (and yes I still go to all their home games in the GRR showcase series) I’m very disappointed with Stephen Hoiles point of view that we would be better off with only 3 teams and shrink to greatness. Are people hell-bent on destroying this game? They have no fortitude! You must be prepared to suffer beltings and limited success when expanding. It’s about the long road not instant success! It just doesn’t fall into your lap! RA do not engage with fans they alienate them! Growth of supporter bases and grass roots is imperative for the game to gain long term for the future. Yes it’s an uphill battle but it isn’t impossible. Whether the Force was successful or not on the field it Did increase participation of the sport within the state. When they were cut it dramatically dropped the participation rates. Now RugbyWA as far as I understand are working hard with the GRR western force to improve participation rates again.My point is as a person who grew up on devouring up everything Aussie Rules and cricket, I didn’t even know the sport Rugby union existed until 1991 World Cup. I loved it! But with limited knowledge of it being played in WA just thought it was an eastern state thing! The Force came and we were so pleased and the growth began we learnt about local clubs stadiums were full at Subiaco oval and I was hearing a lot of AFL devotees starting to go to games and even some children of these people were now attending rugby clinics. The game was growing! These same people now take there kids to AFL Auskick etc as the Force has been pulled. Therefore why would you cut another team. Success is not just measured in Ws and dollars, but participation and growing interest.FTA and attending to their supporters more would benefit in my eyes the improvement of the sport long term in this country. Too many are looking for a quick fix!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Loving how our good friend TWAS is saying how #StrongerAsThree is a bad idea

vCash
    Mothy split your latest post in to paragraphs.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Loving how our good friend TWAS is saying how #StrongerAsThree is a bad idea
    He's just scared that it might be a calculation of money in VS wins out that decides the next one axed. Wallatahs need to replace folau and DHP will be on their radar

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Mothy split your latest post in to paragraphs.
    I did it’s Just the way it copied out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    The commentary after the game - especially Steve Hoiles who is saying Australia has too many professional players.

What about expanding and suffering through some of the pain to promote the game.

If you look at the AFL model - granted not an international sport but they cop heavy losses on the chin and promote expansion and development eagerly.

I gather although I don’t know the sport as well but soccer and basketball are moving ahead in leaps and bounds promoting the sport through out the country.

hoiles reckoned it's too easy to become a professional rugby player these days, and the wollobies only won the world cup because there were only 3 teams.
    is he a moron? (don't answer that, it's quite obvious)

cider my arse

vCash
    I love questions that, no matter how rhetorical they are, you just vant help answering.

Hoiles is a moron, Velcro shoes moron.

He's also a product of the system which chooses professional rugby players based upon where they went to school, so his comments are irrelevant.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Over-heard in a corridor at the Bunker, a week or so ago (by a couple of North Shore lads).

Bean-counter #1: Looks like the Rebels may make it to the finals this year.
    Bean-counter #2: They f**king well better, after all the money we've poured into that f**king black hole.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I guess the sky is falling again

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post

Devils advocate here. We probably should have pushed more for SR to expand the schedule to 22 rounds rather than adding extra teams. I know that would have meant the Force would not have come into existence when it did (more a later addition) and maintained a higher level of overall competitiveness. And I'm saying this as someone who supported the Force coming online, had them as my 2nd team throughout SR, was opposed to their cutting from SR (even participated in the 'Own the Force' initiative) and has tuned into every game they've played since the whole GRR journey begun.

But we just don't have the base to support more than 3 pro sides that are at the required level to be competitive in SR while still being able to draw in good crowds and ratings. It sucks. But it's true.

Considering the money being pissed down the drain supporting the Rebels it would likely be better off stemming the bleeding by doing away with the franchise and instead funding a semi-pro squad that plays in the Shute Shield. I suggest the Shute Shield as it has a slot open for a new 12th team.

A cut would also benefit the Force. It would put the Aus eligible players in the squad far more into the selection focus as opposed to now. Meaning RA would have to engage more with them. I'm not saying they need to make it easy or that they shouldn't look to extract certain concessions in order to continue that engagement. They should. Just that players looking at their options could turn their attention to the Force more often. Which will only help GRR in the long run.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast