Thread: RugbyWA 2018 Annual Report.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

RugbyWA 2018 Annual Report.

I had a look at the RugbyWA website today, a rare visit by me these days.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a news headline which stated that the RugbyWA Annual Report had been released and was available to download, with a link provided.

The report contained 72 numbered pages, with the index indicating that the Financial information appeared on page 48 and following.

Pages 1 to 47 were interesting, and obviously written to encourage and gladden the heart of the reader. I was suitably encouraged, and my heart was gladdened.

Pages 48 to 72 were also there, duly numbered, but sadly completely blank. No financial information whatsoever.

Now this could be due to a clerical error, in which case I trust an immediate correction will be made.

If not, then what was the purpose of publishing the purported "Annual Report" in incomplete format in the first place?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    it is released on a as needs to know basis,and obviously they consider you do not need to know,Fulvio,--i downloaded it with the financials intact!

vCash
    Try downloading it again, Fulvio, as I downloaded it with the financials intact, too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Thank you both for that information.

I had tried to download the financial information on both my work and home computers between 1 and 1.30 pm, but it wasn't there then.

It certainly is now, and I will devert myself with it's analysis this evening.

Thanks again.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

I had tried to download the financial information on both my work and home computers between 1 and 1.30 pm, but it wasn't there then.

Thanks again.
    Looking forward to your assessment of the 2018 year for RugbyWA, and your continued love and support of all things WA Rugby Fulvio.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Thanks again.
    Good on you Fulvio. Make sure you bring any queries to the AGM tomorrow evening

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Hello Alison.

Thank you for your invitation to attend the RugbyWA AGM.

Can you inform me of what status I would have to be admitted to the meeting?

I am not a paid up member of any club at the present time, although I am a life member of one club.

The news item on the RugbyWA site advises that all Board members and executive staff will gather to review the 2018 year. Does that include members of constituent clubs, representative executive members of constituent clubs or random members of the public?

By attending, will I have a right of audience, a right to ask relevant questions pertinent to the annual report and/or a right to vote on any motion put to the meeting?

If I have a right to vote, how will my vote be weighed by reference to any other body or member's vote?

You see, if my attendance is subject to the sufferance of the governing body, if it is irrelevant to any vote to be taken, and any questions I ask deemed invalidly put because of my lack of status, I hardly see the point of subjecting myself to the elements by taking the trouble to attend.

If however I am afforded the same rights as any one else in attendance, then I am minded to do so, and would seek clarification of at least one point arising from the report; that is, whether RugbyWA will be able to pay its creditors on current income projections unless the WA Government forgives a current loan in excess of $800,000 and the Mindaroo corporation agrees to continue to underwrite the current lease repayments in respect of RugbyWA headquarters. Ancillary questions would then be, what alternate arrangements are proposed to be implemented in the event the Government insists on the repayment of the loan, and whether the lease has been assigned to Mindaroo to eliminate exposure to the lease liability, and if not, why not?

Finally, if I'm not allowed to put the question, will there be anyone present who will do so on my behalf or in the interests of Rugby?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!