Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NO BROADCAST FOR FIJI VS WESTERN FORCE, Fiji !!

vCash

NO BROADCAST FOR FIJI VS WESTERN FORCE, Fiji !!

Fiji vs Western Force, Saturday, 25th May

So the game of the year, the one game that the Force will more than likely lose, basically the most competitive game of the season, away from home, in Fiji, will not be broadcast!!

No stream appears to be available either.

Now this wouldnt have been a problem if Andrew Forrest with his truck load of billions didnt announce on record in the media that RugbyAustralia couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery and that all Global Rapid Rugby games would be broadcast live on free to air and streamed around the world via Twitter and various other forms of media including from the RapidRugby site for every game part of the Global Rapid Rugby series etc ad nauseum (correction he said World Series Rugby or IPRC but we all know the drill) . But instead we have a situation where over 50% of the Force games arent streamed or broadcast and about half the GRR games are also not streamed/ broadcast.

So why mock RugbyAustralia when they atleast are able to get all the superrugby games on PayTV which means they are atleast broadcast available for fans of the sport to make arrangements to watch the games without being forced to travel thounsands of kilometres overseas to watch this GRR competition.

And beforr people go on about the cost.
    1. Its a showcase series and it aint showing f all right now
    2. He has more than enough money to fund this
    3. Facebook streams are FREE!!! YES FREE, so between all the staff and organisers surely this could be done for every game
    4. He (Twiggy) is on record saying he would make this happen.

Anyways another game where we either have to follow that absolutely diabolical twitter feed, or we just wait to find out who wins, cheerleaders wont mind as they dont watch the games anyway, to them rugby is just a social ass slapping excercise.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SPaRTAN; 15-05-19 at 10:59.

vCash
    The RA being amateur politicians rather than administrators delayed approval to November which held back the IRB. Twiggy got the flow on effect.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

So the game of the year, the one game that the Force will more than likely lose, basically the most competitive game of the season, away from home, in Fiji, will not be broadcast!!
    We've already lost a game this year, haven't we? Against Japan A

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    We've already lost a game this year, haven't we? Against Japan A
    First loss of the "show"case series..

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Seems a bit surprising when they are showing the Fiji/Samoa game, but I assume there must be some rationale. Well looking forward to the game this weekend though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Seems a bit surprising when they are showing the Fiji/Samoa game, but I assume there must be some rationale. Well looking forward to the game this weekend though!
    I very much doubt the rationale behind that. We get a full broadcast on TV of a game no one in Australia particularly cares about (which is meant to cost upward of 100k according to one user) and we dont even get a broadcast, or even a stream of the Forces biggest game of the year (facebook and Twitter streams are free)... hmmmmm someone has been smoking the good stuff.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The match this week will be shown Live on SBS Viceland at 11am Perth Time which can also be streamed.

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/channel...ogram/22900749

https://www.rapidrugby.com/watch/

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 15-05-19 at 13:26.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The match this week will be shown Live on SBS Viceland at 11am Perth Time which can also be streamed.

https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/channel...ogram/22900749

https://www.rapidrugby.com/watch/
    Yeah we know all that mate, its the game hardly anyone in Australia particularly cares about, its in the very first post on the thread. You seem a little confused about which games are shown so ill do you a huge favour and repost the table below.

Why did they decide to broadcast the Fiji vs Samoa game on TV in Australia given the exorbitant fees and the fact that hardly anyone is going to watch it and then arrogantly ignore the biggest game of the year for the Force, a must win game against Fiji that may determine the Pacific "show"case series winner. this game has serious competition points on the line and is a proper grudge match after Fiji knocked us out of the NRC last year. There isnt even a stream for it.. bizarre, completly and utterly bizarre!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post

No stream appears to be available either.

Now this wouldnt have been a problem if Andrew Forrest with his truck load of billions didnt announce on record in the media that RugbyAustralia couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery and that all Global Rapid Rugby games would be broadcast live on free to air and streamed around the world via Twitter and various other forms of media including from the RapidRugby site for every game part of the Global Rapid Rugby series etc ad nauseum (correction he said World Series Rugby or IPRC but we all know the drill) . But instead we have a situation where over 50% of the Force games arent streamed or broadcast and about half the GRR games are also not streamed/ broadcast.

So why mock RugbyAustralia when they atleast are able to get all the superrugby games on PayTV which means they are atleast broadcast available for fans of the sport to make arrangements to watch the games without being forced to travel thounsands of kilometres overseas to watch this GRR competition.

And beforr people go on about the cost.
    1. Its a showcase series and it aint showing f all right now
    2. He has more than enough money to fund this
    3. Facebook streams are FREE!!! YES FREE, so between all the staff and organisers surely this could be done for every game
    4. He (Twiggy) is on record saying he would make this happen.

Anyways another game where we either have to follow that absolutely diabolical twitter feed, or we just wait to find out who wins, cheerleaders wont mind as they dont watch the games anyway, to them rugby is just a social ass slapping excercise.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    There was no mention on the broadcast list of the match from last week being available yet, as shown in the TWF thread a live stream was actually available on the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    [//www.youtube.com/
    Hehe.........or maybe......

Name:  Devil.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  39.4 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    when did we get cheerleaders?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Actually, I'm very interested in watching the Fiji v Samoa game, partially as I think it could be a great game, and partially as it'll give us an inkling of how the Force may go against the PI sides.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    when did we get cheerleaders?
    APD had them up in Singers, Eley sent me an exclusive video

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    There was no mention on the broadcast list of the match from last week being available yet, as shown in the TWF thread a live stream was actually available on the day.
    Exactly, maybe a bit of public pressure can get a stream of this put up. Last weeks stream was a last minute announcement via email.

The stream last week was better than some of the TV broadcasts we have had this year, the South China Tigers did a great job.

All the TV crews are in Fiji for this weekends game Fiji vs Samoa, so delay their flights and pay em some accomodation and get this game either on the air or available via stream, none of us really care about this weekends game between Fiji and Samoa. If you really wanna show case a series then what better game than this one, and what appears to be the most compeitive and important game for the Force this year..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast