Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fiji vs Force Sat 25 March in Fiji

Senior Player
    vCash

Fiji vs Force Sat 25 March in Fiji

Team Announcement | Western Force vs Fijian Latui
    May 23, 2019
    The Western Force will unleash their own Pacific sensation with Fijian rugby sevens gold medallist Masivesi Dakuwaqa named on the wing for Saturday’s titanic battle against Fijian Latui at Churchill Park.

Dakuwaqa is a cult hero in his home country after helping Fiji win their first ever Olympic gold medal as part of the 2016 sevens side. This weekend however he will be helping plot the downfall of his fellow countrymen in what is shaping as one of the Force’s toughest battles this year.

Western Force head coach Tim Sampson has shuffled the decks for the club’s first Pacific Showcase match making nine changes to the squad that stepped out against the South China Tigers a fortnight ago in Hong Kong.

Swedish born prop Markus Vanzati will make his first start for the club with Chris Heiberg unavailable for selection due to a calf injury. He is joined by Chris Alcock with Tevin Ferris moving to the bench.

Dynamic fullback, Jack McGregor, returns to the starting XV replacing Clay Uyen who will play from the reserves.

Star playmaker Andrew Deegan has been named to start from the bench having recovered from a thumb injury sustained in March. His quick thinking and attacking mindset will be important against a Fijian Latui side full of scoring threats themselves.

Leading the team to a successful win against the South China Tigers in the last game of the Global Rapid Rugby Asia Showcase Series, USA Eagles key player Marcel Brache will captain the Force side once again.

With skipper Ian Prior still out of contention Sampson has again looked to the Fortescue Premier Grade competition for reinforcements, calling on UWA Rugby scrumhalf Rory O’Sullivan as back-up to Issak Fines.

In: Markus Vanzati, Masivesi Dakuwaqa, Harrison Lloyd, Andrew Deegan and Leon Power

Out: Chris Heiberg, Rod Davies, Rodney Iona, Ben Grant and Angus Taylor.

Uncapped: Rory O’Sullivan

Full Team:

1. Markus Vanzati, 2. Heath Tessmann, 3. Kieran Longbottom, 4. Johan Bardoul, 5. Fergus Lee-Warner, 6. Henry Stowers, 7. Chris Alcock,, 8. Brynard Stander, 9. Issak Fines, 10. AJ Alatimu, 11. Brad Lacey, 12. Henry Taefu, 13. Marcel Brache, 14. Masivesi Dakuwaqa
    15. Jack McGregor. RESERVES: 16. Feleti Kaitu’u, 17. Harrison Lloyd, 18. Tom Sheminant, 19. Leon Power, 20. Tevin Ferris, 21. Rory O’Sullivan, 22. Andrew Deegan, 23. Clay Uyen.
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/team...mw7cx8qqN5G4Ec

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    In graphic form:

Name:  2019-05-25 Force matchday.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  149.5 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Name:  FS.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  105.9 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Fijian’s flip for Force fling
    May 24, 2019
    The Swire Shipping Fijian Latui will roll out a new look side for their clash against the Western Force with eight changes to the starting XV for Saturday’s big game. Star halfback Frank Lomani is the headline inclusion in the backs, while fellow national squad member Tuvere Vugakoto will start at hooker.

After scoring the winning try in a thrilling last gasp win over Kagifa Samoa a week ago, Ifereimi Tovilevu has been elevated into the run-on side with hard running back John Stewart, who scored a brace against the Samoan’s, switching from the 13 jersey to inside centre to accommodate Tovilevu’s inclusion.

Impressive loose forward Johnny Dyer will make his run on debut for Fijian Latui after having a huge influence off the bench last week. Dyer made an instant impact when he came on after half time, scoring Fiji’s first try of the second half and consistently injecting himself into the play.

NADI, FIJI – MAY 18: Johnny Dyer of Fijian Latui scores a try during the Rapid Rugby match between Fijian Latui and Kagifa Samoa at Churchill Park on May 18, 2019 in Nadi, Fiji. (Photo by Phil Walter/Getty Images)
    Coach Senirusi Seruvakula said he is looking forward to seeing how the side’s new combinations work against a Western Force team that is unbeaten in their 2019 Global Rapid Rugby campaign to date.

“Western Force is an experienced team and have marshalled the rules of Rapid Rugby well, so they will come firing at us on Saturday. We need to be more determined and avoid basic errors which we made last weekend against Kagifa Samoa,” Seruvakula said.

Western Force head coach Tim Sampson has tweaked his starting team with four changes to the XV that won a fortnight ago in Hong Kong against the South China Tigers.

Fijian rugby sevens gold medallist Masivesi Dakuwaqa will renew acquaintances with his fellow countrymen having been named on the wing and is joined by fullback Jack McGregor. Prop Markus Vanzati will make his first start for the club while Chris Alcock is the other change in the Force forward pack.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA – MARCH 29: Andrew Deegan of the Force pass the ball during the Global Rapid Rugby match between the Western Force and South China Tigers at HBF Stadium on March 29, 2019 in Perth, Australia. (Photo by Paul Kane/Getty Images)
    Key playmaker Andrew Deegan makes a welcome return to the match-day squad after overcoming a hand injury that has kept him sidelined since early April. Deegan started the year in sensational form and will be looking to make an instant impact when he gets his opportunity off the pine.

Fijian Latui v Western Force
    Saturday, 25 May 2019
    Churchill Park, Lautoka, Fiji, 3.10pm kick off

PLUS

Vodafone Vanua Championship: Lautoka v Yasawa from 12.00pm

Ticket Information – find out more

Fijian Latui
    Starting XV: 1.Eroni MAWI, 2.Tuvere VUGAKOTO, 3.Luke TAGI, 4.Peni NAULAGO, 5.Tuifagalele SOROVAKASTINI, 6.Mosese VOKA (C), 7.Elia CANAKAIVATA, 8.Johnny DYER, 9.Frank LOMANI, 10.Tuidraki SAMUSAMUVODRE, 11.Joeli LUTUMAILAGI, 12.John STEWART, 13.Ifereimi TOVILEVU, 14.Apisalome WAQATABU, 15.Enele TIKOTANI MALELE

Reserves: 16.Mesulame DOLOKOTO 17.Joeli VEITAYAKI, 18.Apisai VATUBULI, 19.Filimoni SERU, 20.Peni RAIDRE, 21.Seru VULARIKA, 22.Apisalome VOTA, 23.Tira PATTERSON WILAGI

Western Force
    Starting XV: 1.Markus VANZATI, 2.Heath TESSMANN, 3.Kieran LONGBOTTOM, 4.Johan BARDOUL, 5.Fergus LEE-WARNER, 6.Henry STOWERS, 7.Chris ALCOCK, 8.Brynard STANDER, 9.Issak FINES-LELEIWASA, 10.AJ ALATIMU, 11.Brad LACEY, 12.Henry TAEFU, 13.Marcel BRACHE (C), 14.Masivesi DAKUWAQA, 15.Jack MCGREGOR

Reserves: 16.Feleti KAITU’U, 17.Harrison LLOYD, 18.Tom SHEMINANT, 19.Leon POWER, 20.Tevin FERRIS, 21.Rory O’SULLIVAN, 22.Andrew DEEGAN, 23.Clay UYEN

Match officials
    Referee: Angus MABEY, AR1: Kaveni TALEMAIVALAGI, AR2: David VOSALEVU
    https://www.rapidrugby.com/fijians-f...r-force-fling/

Senior Player
    vCash
    Great journalism from rugby.com
    "The Force have also called on rookie scrumhalf Tom Sheminant for their clash."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...ian-latui-team

Champion
    vCash
    Albeto Elfonzo posted on facebook that fijione.tv are streaming the game. Worth a look.

https://www.fijione.tv/live-tv/?fbcl...YJSgTu14OfKD00

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gold medal hero returns home
    May 24, 2019
    Fijian powerhouse Masivesi Dakuwaqa has returned to his home country for the first time since moving to Perth over a year ago.

The 2016 Olympic gold medallist said the upcoming game against the Fijian Latui on Saturday is the one he has been looking forward to the most.

“I’m very excited to play this game. It’s probably the best game for me to play against my brothers,” he said.

“We’re going to work on a few things, and give it our best.”

Familiar with Fiji’s infamous playing style and structure, Dakuwaqa said the Force is prepared to take on the Pacific Island challengers.

“We’ve worked on our kicking, our set pieces, line speed and some of the rules,” Dakuwaqa said.

“I know many of the boys from back in the day and from high school. I went to high school with Vasikali Mudu.”

Dakuwaqa has been looking forward to returning home to see his family and friends and is proud to show off his country to his fellow teammates.

“It’s been around one year since I’ve been home to see my family and friends so I’m very excited. I am really looking forward to taking the boys to meet my family and friends and show them my home,” Dakuwaqa said.

“They should all be coming to the game, I’m hoping to see around 90 of them.”

The team visited Dakuwaqa’s home village Saunaka in Nadi on Friday afternoon.
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/gold...-returns-home/

vCash
    That is so incredibly heart-warming. Thank you Rapid Rugby and Andrew Forrest for including the pacific island nations in this venture. It’s so good!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Live stream ???

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Albeto Elfonzo posted on facebook that fijione.tv are streaming the game. Worth a look.

https://www.fijione.tv/live-tv/?fbcl...YJSgTu14OfKD00
    Wow, just wow, who would have thought they would give us coverage. I guess spending the whole week whining that is was going to be available in some form or another was yet another waste of time and space.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    🔵⚫️GAME TIME!

Fijian Latui v Western Force – online stream coverage!

We’re happy to let you know that Fiji TV are providing coverage of the match and have kindly allowed access to a live stream for Force supporters.

📺 bit.ly/2HS9IQZ

#BeTheForce #WesternForce

Please note, the stream may have some delays or dropouts, and is not guaranteed to be available for the whole game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Awesome

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quite happy with the commentator. Shes staying with the game the whole time and no personal views expressed. "Just the facts".

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Force 14 - Fiji 5 with 10 to go in first half.

Great crowd, the Waratahs would be happy if they could get a supportive crowd that big to home game

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast