Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Foxtel signals price hike, cuts to 'non marquee' sports after $417m loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    10% of fuck all = fuck all (Pythagoras)
    Maybe they used a different accounting method:... √5/8(fa)÷π...which equals
    ...erm... yep yer right, fuck all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe they used a different accounting method:... √5/8(fa)÷π...which equals
    ...erm... yep yer right, fuck all.
    No. The numbers have been crunched on G&GR which has been tracking the ratings season long and apparently the Aus games are up 10%. They were performing strongly prior to both the AFL and NRL kicking off which has probably helped. The Tahs averaged 75k while the other three averaged 55k. For an average of 60k.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    No. The numbers have been crunched on G&GR which has been tracking the ratings season long and apparently the Aus games are up 10%. They were performing strongly prior to both the AFL and NRL kicking off which has probably helped. The Tahs averaged 75k while the other three averaged 55k. For an average of 60k.
    Yep crowds went down and ratings went up..

vCash
    Super Rugby is chump change compared to the NRL average in 2018 was 240,879 per game and the AFL was 184,821.

vCash
    Fair enough. But seeing as how they have dwindled to a pitiful 23000 per match for the Oz franchises since the other codes kicked off, I'll stick to the damned lies and statistics theory. Pretty sure Fox will factor that stat into calculations.

Latest TV numbers illustrate Super Rugby's shocking decline in Australia

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/lates...-in-australia/

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fair enough. But seeing as how they have dwindled to a pitiful 23000 per match for the Oz franchises since the other codes kicked off, I'll stick to the damned lies and statistics theory. Pretty sure Fox will factor that stat into calculations.

Latest TV numbers illustrate Super Rugby's shocking decline in Australia

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/lates...-in-australia/
    I think you should read that again. The 23k is for overseas matches most notably those played in the middle of the night in SA when factored into the ratings. Often not involving Aus teams. Not some kind of dramatic falling of a cliff of Aus team ratings you seem to imply.

No game involving Australia teams in Aus or NZ for that matter have got that low. It's not the A-League.

vCash
    I think you should read the article again.

No game involving Australia teams in Aus or NZ for that matter have got that low. It's not the A-League.
    You are correct. Attendance's only dropped to 50,000. Less than the A League. The thrust of the article doesn't change though.

vCash
    From 10 days ago

Tahs vs Brumbies drew 60k
    Rebels vs Crusaders drew 53k

NBA finals Game 4 (screened at 10am on the East Coast) drew 67k

vCash
    How can they conclude official attendance figures anyway when most of the time the crowd numbers (especially Rebels) weren't even released because they were so low.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    How can they conclude official attendance figures anyway when most of the time the crowd numbers (especially Rebels) weren't even released because they were so low.
    I've said it before and I will say it again 69.5786% of stats are made up

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Photo of a Fin article (courtesy George Gregan's cafe in Mascot) via 'TheNude' at gagr:

Name:  2019-08-14 Financial Review.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  212.3 KB

vCash
    The telling aspect is the bloke saying that Super Rugby produces fewer good games that Australians care about.

Foxtel is as dumb as RA it seems. They swallowed the BS that the ARU/RA peddled on the spreadsheet about the correlation between number of teams and success and thought fans would come running back with our world beater teams. Now you have four teams who probably haven't really gotten much better and a whole state that is disenfranchised, so things are likely far, far worse.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    The telling aspect is the bloke saying that Super Rugby produces fewer good games that Australians care about.

Foxtel is as dumb as RA it seems. They swallowed the BS that the ARU/RA peddled on the spreadsheet about the correlation between number of teams and success and thought fans would come running back with our world beater teams. Now you have four teams who probably haven't really gotten much better and a whole state that is disenfranchised, so things are likely far, far worse.
    The major reason I became a Foxtel subscriber, was to watch Super Rugby. However with RA chopping the Force, I lost interest in Super rugby. My contract with Telstra/Foxtel expires in 2 months time and I wont be renewing it. Hopefully GRR will be on SBS or elsewhere. I am not that keen on signing for KAYO, which is owned by Foxtel. I remember writing twice to Foxtel asking them to tell RA to keep Force in Super Rugby,but never even received any acknowledgement of my letters. I wonder how many hundreds or even thousands of Force fans who were Foxtel subscribers have cancelled their subscriptions as a direct or indirect response to the Force axing.?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    The major reason I became a Foxtel subscriber, was to watch Super Rugby. However with RA chopping the Force, I lost interest in Super rugby. My contract with Telstra/Foxtel expires in 2 months time and I wont be renewing it. Hopefully GRR will be on SBS or elsewhere. I am not that keen on signing for KAYO, which is owned by Foxtel. I remember writing twice to Foxtel asking them to tell RA to keep Force in Super Rugby,but never even received any acknowledgement of my letters. I wonder how many hundreds or even thousands of Force fans who were Foxtel subscribers have cancelled their subscriptions as a direct or indirect response to the Force axing.?
    I quite Foxtel when Force were cut and told the lady from Foxtel that Foxtel are an RA sock puppet and I wasn't going to pay another cent that found its way back to Rats Arse..her answer "who are the Western Force?"..I hung up and have never gave them another cent

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3