Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Foxtel signals price hike, cuts to 'non marquee' sports after $417m loss

  1. #31
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5366000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    10% of fuck all = fuck all (Pythagoras)
    Maybe they used a different accounting method:... √5/8(fa)π...which equals
    ...erm... yep yer right, fuck all.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  2. #32
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Far South-West of Sydney
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    5260000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe they used a different accounting method:... √5/8(fa)π...which equals
    ...erm... yep yer right, fuck all.
    No. The numbers have been crunched on G&GR which has been tracking the ratings season long and apparently the Aus games are up 10%. They were performing strongly prior to both the AFL and NRL kicking off which has probably helped. The Tahs averaged 75k while the other three averaged 55k. For an average of 60k.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #33
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,603
    vCash
    5348000
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    No. The numbers have been crunched on G&GR which has been tracking the ratings season long and apparently the Aus games are up 10%. They were performing strongly prior to both the AFL and NRL kicking off which has probably helped. The Tahs averaged 75k while the other three averaged 55k. For an average of 60k.
    Yep crowds went down and ratings went up..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #34
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,727
    vCash
    5306000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Super Rugby is chump change compared to the NRL average in 2018 was 240,879 per game and the AFL was 184,821.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #35
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5366000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    No. The numbers have been crunched on G&GR which has been tracking the ratings season long and apparently the Aus games are up 10%. They were performing strongly prior to both the AFL and NRL kicking off which has probably helped. The Tahs averaged 75k while the other three averaged 55k. For an average of 60k.
    Fair enough. But seeing as how they have dwindled to a pitiful 23000 per match for the Oz franchises since the other codes kicked off, I'll stick to the damned lies and statistics theory. Pretty sure Fox will factor that stat into calculations.

    Latest TV numbers illustrate Super Rugby's shocking decline in Australia

    https://www.rugbypass.com/news/lates...-in-australia/

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  6. #36
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Far South-West of Sydney
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    5260000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fair enough. But seeing as how they have dwindled to a pitiful 23000 per match for the Oz franchises since the other codes kicked off, I'll stick to the damned lies and statistics theory. Pretty sure Fox will factor that stat into calculations.

    Latest TV numbers illustrate Super Rugby's shocking decline in Australia

    https://www.rugbypass.com/news/lates...-in-australia/
    I think you should read that again. The 23k is for overseas matches most notably those played in the middle of the night in SA when factored into the ratings. Often not involving Aus teams. Not some kind of dramatic falling of a cliff of Aus team ratings you seem to imply.

    No game involving Australia teams in Aus or NZ for that matter have got that low. It's not the A-League.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #37
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,618
    vCash
    5366000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    I think you should read the article again.

    No game involving Australia teams in Aus or NZ for that matter have got that low. It's not the A-League.
    You are correct. Attendance's only dropped to 50,000. Less than the A League. The thrust of the article doesn't change though.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  8. #38
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,727
    vCash
    5306000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    From 10 days ago

    Tahs vs Brumbies drew 60k
    Rebels vs Crusaders drew 53k

    NBA finals Game 4 (screened at 10am on the East Coast) drew 67k

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #39
    Champion valzc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shenton Park
    Posts
    2,422
    vCash
    5364000
    How can they conclude official attendance figures anyway when most of the time the crowd numbers (especially Rebels) weren't even released because they were so low.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #40
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,563
    vCash
    5264000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    How can they conclude official attendance figures anyway when most of the time the crowd numbers (especially Rebels) weren't even released because they were so low.
    I've said it before and I will say it again 69.5786% of stats are made up

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. League QRL Origin ticket hike embarrassing: Wally Lewis
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-05-14, 10:20
  2. Foxtel wants the sports free-to-airs reject
    By jargan83 in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-11-08, 19:01
  3. Olympics Signals
    By LarryNJ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-08-08, 20:18
  4. NZ Rugby Forum signals changes
    By The InnFORCEr in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-08, 17:50
  5. Hardy in line for pay hike- The West
    By Swee_82 in forum Gareth Hardy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-03-08, 07:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •