Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Folau and GRR

  1. #16
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,332
    vCash
    2462000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Not sure what your point is? A lot of people seem to be conveniently overlooking the most basic fact, he breached his contract of employment plain and simple. Basically what you're saying is that his contract of employment is not worth the paper it's written on. He should be free to do what the fuck he likes, skip training, turn up to games late, coked off his eyeballs.....
    Sorry, exactly how did he breach his contract? His contract apparently said nothing about inflammatory social media posts because he refused to allow it to be added after the fact. In essence, you're the one saying his contract isn't worth the paper it's written on by saying RA can add clauses whenever they like

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  2. #17
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sorry, exactly how did he breach his contract? His contract apparently said nothing about inflammatory social media posts because he refused to allow it to be added after the fact. In essence, you're the one saying his contract isn't worth the paper it's written on by saying RA can add clauses whenever they like
    Come on mate, you know exactly how he breached his contract, its been posted here a 100 times already, including the document itself. Its funny how you conveniently choose to ignore this. Its called the code of conduct, and it appears he breached up to 3 sections of it. Notably section 1.3

    At my work place my contract ties back to the companies policies and procedures, if I breach those, depending on the level of breach I can be disciplined, or even sacked for high level ones instantly. Not everything is stipulated inside the contract itself it just refers to the companies guidelines , policies and procedures.

    How can this be so hard to understand. And for those that just like to state that this is just a quote from a book and not actually his own words, try quoting from the protocols of the elders of zion and see how far that gets you..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #18
    Veteran Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,738
    vCash
    5146000
    TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award
    For mine, that is where this will get interesting. Because if it is that they have relied on, then the CoC becomes a defacto contractual document that also gives equal billing to things like respecting the ref and showing no obvious dissension, disagreement or disapproval of the any refereeing decision. So it might need to convene the review board pretty permanently, as I can think of dozens of instances of that. Not to mention not getting pinged for repeated acts of foul play, or even just being a modest and gracious good sport. Applies to coaches as well, so given they are setting the precedent that it is now a "two strikes and its contractual termination" policy...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 12-05-19 at 08:08.

  4. #19
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    5242000
    I think you've got that one wrong GIGS20, the Code of Conduct has got Izy covered with public "inflammatory" commentary - social media or other - when it comes to vilification of one section of the overall community ie the opposite of inclusion (being Rugby's core tenet)

    Let's face it, if you need a special individual clause in a standard employment contract to protect the employer from action or utterance of the individual employee, it begs the question should that guy be employed 8n the first place. Which brings us right back to RA offering Izy this second improved contract after the first contrtemps. Somebody somewhere should have offered the POV the game is bigger than the individual. Izy is by all accounts a fine upstanding young man. However if he can't keep his divisive sermonising to his OWN congregation he becomes a problem. Just as much as other guys have never been selected because they are seen as divisive to the change room etc.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  5. #20
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,332
    vCash
    2462000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    If we want to talk inclusion. Folau was incredibly inclusive in his post. I find it had to believe that there's anybody in the rugby community that doesn't qualify for hell based upon the standard he posted.

    RA are the ones focusing on a single people group.

    The fact that foau rejected a contract modification that essentially clarified the code of contract breach they're trying to sack him over AND STILL HAD A JOB certainly weakens their case.

    It doesn't matter how homophobic you are or aren't, the legal entanglements within this one are complex.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #21
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    5242000
    Arent they sacking him for isolating the idolaters? After all isn't Izy their idol??

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  7. #22
    Senior Player antiussentiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Noranda
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    5024000

    Forrest has previously spoken of how the Bible has inspired him to donate millions of dollars to charity.
    In other words, if it was not for the bible (that book were stoning people and bears ripping children apart are an ok punishment) Mr Forrest would not be generous soul? This sort of statement really disturbs me.

    Seriously Twiggy, stand up and take responsibility for your own good points your self for fuck sake! The idea that some god made you be good, is just as disturbing as Mr Falou's nasty tweets.

    It's just as fundamentalist.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

  8. #23
    Senior Player antiussentiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Noranda
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    5024000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If we want to talk inclusion. Folau was incredibly inclusive in his post. I find it had to believe that there's anybody in the rugby community that doesn't qualify for hell based upon the standard he posted.
    You make me smile "Super G".

    I've red a bunch about heaven and hell. Being a bloke who likes a challenge and generally having something to do. I know where I'd rather go.

    The other place sounds bloody boring..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

  9. #24
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,701
    vCash
    5486000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

    It doesn't matter how homophobic you are or aren't, the legal entanglements within this one are complex.
    I've posted a couple of times, still don't know, and no wiser mind here has clarified this; Is this treated as any other collective employment agreement in Australia? If so my best guess is that, if RA had warned Folau that his social media posts were a breach of company standards and/or policies then they have him. Raelene Castle has stated that's the case.IF they can prove that (and it seems well documented in the press at least). The fact that Folau declined to sign an additional clause can be put down to that not being allowed under the standard agreement itself and is a separate matter to any warnings given. So far it hasn't even been clear whether this will be determined by the Fair Work Commission in the first instance, should his contract be terminated.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  10. #25
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    616
    vCash
    5216000
    I think I have said this before but I think most of us here can agree that what folau did was wrong and he deserves to be punished. The problem is whether he deserves to have his contract terminated when compared to the Beale case which was for a much more serious sexual harassment incident (against the team manager by the way) where Beale just got away with a fine. If Beale's contract wasn't terminated when it definitely should have been, why should Folau's contract be terminated for a far less serious incident.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Immortal Book Maker
    Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,166
    vCash
    16572000
    Tong Master Dry July! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Runner Up! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Judge Google says...

    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 115
Size:  48.2 KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #27
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If we want to talk inclusion. Folau was incredibly inclusive in his post. I find it had to believe that there's anybody in the rugby community that doesn't qualify for hell based upon the standard he posted.

    RA are the ones focusing on a single people group.

    The fact that foau rejected a contract modification that essentially clarified the code of contract breach they're trying to sack him over AND STILL HAD A JOB certainly weakens their case.

    It doesn't matter how homophobic you are or aren't, the legal entanglements within this one are complex.
    From my recollection every single group he targetted are in that group by choice eg. Adulterer, Fornicators, and Liars. From my understanding its not a choice whether someone is a homosexual, and thats where it crosses the line into blatent discrimination.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    478
    vCash
    5208000
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Judge Google says...
    So if Izzy doesn't have a contract, he's not bound to the code of conduct?

    I need some legal counselling


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    So if Izzy doesn't have a contract, he's not bound to the code of conduct?

    I need some legal counselling

    Thats exactly how it reads. You are only bound to it if you HAVE a contract! Which Izzy does have.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Champion Contributor todd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,218
    vCash
    4436000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    From my recollection every single group he targetted are in that group by choice eg. Adulterer, Fornicators, and Liars. From my understanding its not a choice whether someone is a homosexual, and thats where it crosses the line into blatent discrimination.
    I am reluctant to get involved in this discussion but I'll throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. I don't believe all the sinners mentioned by IF (probably covers all of us) make that list by choice. Let's look at just two - drunks and liars.
    I work in addiction rehabilitation. I have not met an alcoholic yet who was an alcoholic by choice. It is a debilitating condition that can ruin a persons life, so who would make that a life style choice? If you say 'just stop drinking' then you are making light of a very serious condition.
    As for liars I had a friend who would lie just as a matter of course. She suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder and the lying is just one symptom in a list of anti-social behaviours related directly to her disorder. Lying itself may not be a mental health issue but is certainly a symptom of a number of personality disorders/mental health issues.

    https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psy...mpulsive-lying

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IRB won't help Wallabies keep Folau
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-06-14, 15:23
  2. Folau ruled out for NSW Waratahs
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-03-14, 22:05
  3. McKenzie won't tell NSW how to use Folau
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-12-13, 03:13
  4. Folau to Rugby Union
    By PerthGirl in forum Rugby
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-12-12, 13:42
  5. League Folau Wakes Up.
    By shasta in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-12, 14:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •