Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NO BROADCAST OF ASIA PACIFIC DRAGONS VS WESTERN FORCE SUNDAY 3:10pm

vCash

NO BROADCAST OF ASIA PACIFIC DRAGONS VS WESTERN FORCE SUNDAY 3:10pm

Yes its fucked!!!

Maybe Sheikh can fly over and facebook stream it seeing this is never a big deal despite how frequently these games are being played and not broadcast:

So far this year we have had:
    Western Force vs Asia Pacific Dragons, Perth, NO BROADCAST
    Western Force vs Coca Cola Sanix Blue, Japan NO BROADCAST
    Western Force vs Japan A, Japan, NO BROADCAST
    Asia Pacific Dragons vs Western Force, Singapore, NO FUCKING BROADCAST!!!

What the fuck is going on seriously.

More information about it in this thread but yeah, what a fucking brilliant showcase series, did someone forget to tell them that they arent showing shit right now,
    https://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=40360&page=37

What surpises me is a lack of stream, even the NRC can throw something together and that is RugbyAustralia, lets hope Twiggy sacks em all and starts from scratch because this is killing his investment.

And good luck to anyone who wanted to see the Asia Pacific Dragons play against the Force but couldnt get to the game, bad luck, maybe next year if people havent forgotten what GRR is by then..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I've been following this debate from afar.
    Yes, like everyone else I'm very disappointed htat I can't watch this game.
    But unlike others around here I asked around a bit to try and get some reasons and find some balance.
    Simply put, yes Andrew Forrest has deep pockets (and goodness knows how much GRR is costing him) but even he has to have his people working to a budget.
    They have to pay for the production and supply of the games to Fox and SBS and they get nothing in return apparently.
    So, let's be happy that we still have our team in a competition that will only get bigger and better.
    For those who do nothing but criticise what we have perhaps you could put your money where your mouth is.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ok lets clear a few things up. The NRC only had 1 televised game each week in its first year on a Thursday night. None of the other games were shown via tv or streaming. Also We are now dealing with multiple countries and TV stations to provide the broadcast of GRR, this means it might not be as simple or legal to just show a live stream on youtube or twitter like last year. As always highlights will be shown after the game. The 2 Japanese games were friendlies and were not part of GRR, therefore GRR was not in charge of broadcasting etc... Can we please be more grateful for the people putting in countless hours behind the scenes and blood, sweat and tears into getting this competition up and running. Hodgo is missing his son's first junior rugby game of the seosan this weekend as he has to travel for GRR.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Tks for that Volvo. At least we are on the same page.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yet we had Andrew Forrest last year on record saying that this competition would have every game live on free to air, streamed around the world, on pay TV, beamed to mars and inter galactic space ad neuseam... this would not be like Super Rugby, World Series Rugby and GRR was going to be better! It was going to prove to RA all the faults with their competition and show em up. So far an epic fail, yet we have Hardly any games broadcast at home or away for the Force this year, about half of the games or just under half of them were shown on TV or streamed, compare this with Super Rugbys 100% broadcast record and NRC 100% streaming broadcast on foxsports.com.au aswell as atleast 1 broadcast a week on payTV and it starts to look like a poor child to what RugbyAustralia are able to pull off week in week out. Fucking terrible fixture times in WA, and not even a broadcast for half of the Western Force games this year has taken the wind out of the sails of what was going to be such a promising future for Western Australia and the Force.

vCash
    Spartan mentioned the fixture. Everyone skull your drinks

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If he'd asked them nicely, maybe Alison or one of the Sea of Blue who are going to the game could have arranged a facebook stream.

Of course, he'd have had to have asked nicely.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If he'd asked them nicely, maybe Alison or one of the Sea of Blue who are going to the game could have arranged a facebook stream.

Of course, he'd have had to have asked nicely.
    I thought it wasnt too much of a hassle to jump on a plane to watch these games live, we need to get off our asses more apprently according to yourself, couldnt you hop on over and do a quick stream for us seeing its no big deal apparently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I thought it wasnt too much of a hassle to jump on a plane to watch these games live, we need to get off our asses more apprently according to yourself, couldnt you hop on over and do a quick stream for us seeing its no big deal apparently.
    Well, you wanted me to be in Japan last week and Singapore this. You might be able to do that, but some of us have to work for a living.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just for Spartan....a link....

Name:  play buton.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  22.3 KB

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thought link got the arse

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The only reason I can think of is that they could not afford a proper broadcast with commentary, etc and didn't want to "cheapen" their product. My thoughts are that a live stream of just the vision is better than nothing. They would have had someone filming the game for review purposes, it's not hard or expensive to hook this up to a computer to live stream via Twitter (as they did last year) or YouTube.
    It's a bit disappointing that they would accept losing any momentum they have built for the competition.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan View Post
    The only reason I can think of is that they could not afford a proper broadcast with commentary, etc and didn't want to "cheapen" their product. My thoughts are that a live stream of just the vision is better than nothing. They would have had someone filming the game for review purposes, it's not hard or expensive to hook this up to a computer to live stream via Twitter (as they did last year) or YouTube.
    It's a bit disappointing that they would accept losing any momentum they have built for the competition.
    Be very careful criticising GRR, the swarm will turn on you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan View Post
    It is a very odd decision considering what it has done to the momentum of the competition. So far 4 games the Force have played in have not been telecast this year with a further two to follow:

South China Tigers vs Western Force- WILL NOT BE BROADCAST

Fiji vs Western Force- WILL NOT BE BROADCAST EITHER

Both away games so Force fans cannot attend (except Sheikh ofcourse)

so thats 6 Force games this year the Force have played in that us fans have had to miss out on. But definitely do not complain as doing so means you are an incredibly ungrateful fan for calling out the bullshit and then heniously compared to a spawned reincarnation of Satan himself by all and sundry.

A simple youtube or Twitter stream would have sufficed for the die hard fan, production value isnt everything, some of us are used to sitting on the side of standard field in various grades watching from some awkward angle so atleast we would have the option to watch it.

Instead, like the Wolfpack japan A game we got 120seconds of highlights only showing the Force tries and no other plays, i cant even remmeber seeing any for the last game or the Cocacola santory game so they probably dont even exist.

Dissapointing to say the least.

vCash
    Twiggy must have used up all his favours from his mates in the TV business last year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast