Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Future Force playmaker named as Junior Wallabies captain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    you would hope so,but I very much doubt it
    Folau win or lose will cost them millions.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    The spin on that rugby.com.au article makes me feel dizzy.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe I'm missing something, but not really getting that from the article. It mentions WA, axing the Force, and was generally nice about some RugbyWA officials and GRR. It is not like they claimed he learned everything he knew in U20 camp or that it showed what awesome support RA must be providing.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Prospect
    vCash
    Good to see a West Australian product getting a run in the big time , might be an idea for one of the rugby clubs in perth to get Michael allocated to them

Last edited by Triple T; 03-05-19 at 07:45.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but not really getting that from the article. It mentions WA, axing the Force, and was generally nice about some RugbyWA officials and GRR. It is not like they claimed he learned everything he knew in U20 camp or that it showed what awesome support RA must be providing.
    That's how I read it as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple T View Post
    Good to see a West Australian product getting a run in the big time , might be an idea for one of the rugby clubs in perth to get Michael allocated to them
    He should already have a club. He moved from Ireland to Australia when he was 12.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    He should already have a club. He moved from Ireland to Australia when he was 12.
    He does - Palmyra

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    By the sound of the roar when he made his run on debut, he is definitely part of a club in Perth and well supported by that club.

It certainly didn't sound like he was a bloke who'd been parachuted into a team who didn't know his name.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    By the sound of the roar when he made his run on debut, he is definitely part of a club in Perth and well supported by that club.

It certainly didn't sound like he was a bloke who'd been parachuted into a team who didn't know his name.
    He would have got excellent coaching from his minis coaches in Ireland (he is from the same county as the Kearney brothers). Some amazing work being done by clubs in non traditional areas in Ireland. The IRFU are reaping the rewards now as a lot of the Grand Slam under 20s squad are from regional towns that are big in to the GAA. The RA could learn something from that as it appears they have given up.

vCash
    When will RA recognise the future force academy. Its shameful that they never ever mention its existance. Why? Are they trying to hide their shortcomings in the East and their lack of future foresight? They really dont want to recognise what WA is doing.

Prospect
    vCash
    Thanks for the info regarding michaels rugby club (palmyra). It was just that every article written about him never mentioned his club affiliation, so I thought he was future force only

vCash
    He moved from Ireland to Australia when he was 12.
    Thanks Bakkies. I thought those ES mongrels were doing their usual; you know - "Avoca junior Matt Hodgson", "South African born Dane H-P"....."Michael McDonald from Louth - back o' Bourke NSW"

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Michael McDonald starting #9, Carlo Tizzano to come on at #20 in the decider

Oceania U20 Championship Round 3

<edit: kickoff times corrected>

Live stream will be on rugby.com.au

*A World Rugby trial sees an extended bench, with eight players able to be used as replacements during the match.

Fiji vs Japan

Saturday 4 March
    5.00 pm AEST
    7.00 pm NZT
    3.00 pm AWST

Fiji vs Japan

F5 to refresh timer

Fiji Under 20

TBC

Japan Under 20

TBC

-------------------------------------------
    Aus vs NZ

Saturday 4 March
    7.00 pm AEST
    9.00 pm NZT
    5.00 pm AWST

F5 to refresh timer

Australia U20

1. Angus Bell (University of Sydney), 2. Lachlan Lonergan (Tuggeranong Vikings), 3. Josh Nasser (University of Queensland), 4. Michael Wood (Brothers), 5. Trevor Hosea (Harlequins Rugby Club), 6. Harry Wilson (Brothers), 7. Fraser McReight (c) (Brothers), 8. Will Harris (Eastern Suburbs);

9. Michael McDonald (Palmyra), 10. Will Harrison (Randwick), 11. Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood), 12. Noah Lolesio (Tuggeranong Vikings), 13. Semisi Tupou (Box Hill), 14. Triston Reilly (Randwick), 15. Isaac Lucas (Sunnybank).

16. Bo Abra (Eastern Suburbs), 17. Joe Cotton (Wests Bulldogs), 18. Darcy Breen (Sydney University), 19. Esei Ha’angana (Melbourne Unicorns), 20. Carlo Tizzano (University of Western Australia), 21. Henry Robertson (Sydney University), 22. Ben Donaldson (Randwick), 23. Sione Tui (Melbourne Unicorns), 24. Egan Siggs (University of Queensland), 25. Pat Tafa (Northern Suburbs), 26. Nathan Lawson (Southern Districts), 27. Kye Oates (University of Queensland), 28. Joey Walton (Gordon).

New Zealand U20

1. Ollie Norris (Waikato) 2. Kianu Kereru Symes – captain (Hawke’s Bay) 3. Tamaiti Williams (Canterbury) 4. Cullen Grace (Canterbury) 5. Tupou Vaa’i (Taranaki) 6. Samipeni Finau (Waikato) 7. Kohan Herbert (Bay of Plenty) 8. Kaylum Boshier (Taranaki);

9. Leroy Carter (Bay of Plenty) 10. Fergus Burke (Canterbury) 11. Scott Gregory (Northland) 12. Dallas McLeod (Canterbury) 13. Quinn Tupaea (Waikato) 14. Lalomilo Lalomilo (Bay of Plenty) 15. Cole Forbes (Bay of Plenty)

16. Shilo Klein (Canterbury) 17. George Dyer (Waikato) 18. Kaliopasi Uluilakepa (Wellington) 19. Fletcher Newell (Canterbury) 20. Taine Plumtree (Wellington) 21. James Thompson (Waikato) 22. Jeriah Mua (Bay of Plenty) 23. Simon Parker (Waikato) 24. Taufa Funaki (Auckland) 25. Rivez Reihana (Waikato) 26. Danny Toala (Hawke’s Bay) 27. Chay Fihaki (Canterbury) 28. Sam Gilbert (Canterbury).

Last edited by Kiap; 04-05-19 at 13:27.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Link is here

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/0...and-japan-fiji

Bit of earlier rain made it damp underfoot - but the first game is underway!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Aussies on top at half time, but conceded a YC to #8 Will Harris near the end

A maasive 7 on 8-man scrum win kept NZ to nil on the bell for oranges.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast