Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Annual Reports

  1. #1
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    5270000
    TWF Contributor!

    Annual Reports

    So I emailed the VRU to ask for a copy of their annual report. They replied straightaway - very efficient. The annual report is lovely but contains no financials so I contacted them again to ask if I could have those too. Not so efficient on that one - am still waiting for a reply.

    I also emailed the Rebels to ask them for a copy of their annual report. They were less responsive than their friends at the VRU and didnít even bother replying to me, let alone send me what Iíd asked for. Bit rude.

    I wonder why they donít want to send me this information

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  2. #2
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,663
    vCash
    5090000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    So I emailed the VRU to ask for a copy of their annual report. They replied straightaway - very efficient. The annual report is lovely but contains no financials so I contacted them again to ask if I could have those too. Not so efficient on that one - am still waiting for a reply.

    I also emailed the Rebels to ask them for a copy of their annual report. They were less responsive than their friends at the VRU and didnít even bother replying to me, let alone send me what Iíd asked for. Bit rude.

    I wonder why they donít want to send me this information
    Do you have contacts that force them to cough up there reports? Posters on the Roar have asked for the RAís full financial reports and have had little response. Yet Sport Australia and the Australian Sports Commission still pass their audits.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  3. #3
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    5270000
    TWF Contributor!
    No contacts, no.

    RA doesn’t have to produce full financial reports. It is allowed to file what’s called a Reduced Disclosure Financial Report, which anyone can obtain from ASIC for a fee.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  4. #4
    Champion andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    1,283
    vCash
    5168000
    I was reading the VRU Annual Reports just yesterday - the complete lack of any financial information in them for the past 5 years is quite stunning IMO. But at least they have a set formula - the RA reports change the amount of detail provided in each year to make comparison difficult. I emailed the ARU today asking if they could provide a more detailed breakdown of participation figures across the country - you would think that given they were harking about it so loudly you'd think that they would have the figures at their fingertips but apparently not..

    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/1...lby-xvs-growth

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewM; 23-04-19 at 22:52.

  5. #5
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,921
    vCash
    4602000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I was reading the VRU Annual Reports just yesterday - the complete lack of any financial information in them for the past 5 years is quite stunning IMO. But at least they have a set formula - the RA reports change the amount of detail provided in each year to make comparison difficult. I emailed the ARU today asking if they could provide a more detailed breakdown of participation figures across the country - you would think that given they were harking about it so loudly you'd think that they would have the figures at their fingertips but apparently not..

    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/1...lby-xvs-growth
    cant find the massive spreadsheet?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  6. #6
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    13,341
    vCash
    5360000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    cant find the massive spreadsheet?
    Just need to break out the scuba gear to get a copy. It's been filed at about 5 fathoms somewhere between North Head and Middle Head.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  7. #7
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,316
    vCash
    5340000
    Things not so rosy in NZ either.
    However, the small loss appears to be part of the plan as they continue to distribute funds throughout the game in NZ.
    $35 Million turnaround in 12 months.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,871
    vCash
    1102000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Things not so rosy in NZ either.
    However, the small loss appears to be part of the plan as they continue to distribute funds throughout the game in NZ.
    $35 Million turnaround in 12 months.
    Dont they have a ridiculous surplus after many years of profit making? How do they sit comparitively to Rugby Australia?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,663
    vCash
    5090000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Things not so rosy in NZ either.
    However, the small loss appears to be part of the plan as they continue to distribute funds throughout the game in NZ.
    $35 Million turnaround in 12 months.
    Kiwis are making bad decisions too. Four year contract for Sam Whitelock including a period where he won't be playing in the country.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  10. #10
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    5270000
    TWF Contributor!
    What happens if there is no SuperRugby post 2020 because no-one is prepared to sponsor it to the value necessary to sustain it?

    We are less than 2 years away from the kick off of season 2021 but still no sponsor or broadcaster announced.

    Would love to see the terms of these player contracts against that backdrop.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  11. #11
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,663
    vCash
    5090000
    If the teams carry over to a different comp that should have to cough up. Thatís what makes these 4 or 5 year deals look ridiculous.

    If the RA goes belly up it will be up to the liquidators.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  12. #12
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,108
    vCash
    18000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    What happens if there is no SuperRugby post 2020 because no-one is prepared to sponsor it to the value necessary to sustain it?

    We are less than 2 years away from the kick off of season 2021 but still no sponsor or broadcaster announced.

    Would love to see the terms of these player contracts against that backdrop.
    News Ltd/Foxtel are in a great position because they're probably the only broadcaster interested in showing it.

    Not exactly a strong negotiating position for SANZAAR

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. ARU Annual Report 2016
    By Alison in forum Western Force
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-04-17, 08:56
  2. 6th Annual Skins Cup
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-11, 12:18
  3. NSW Rugby dish out their annual report
    By The Man in forum NSW Waratahs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-04-10, 12:22
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-10, 06:40
  5. JB O'Reilly's Annual Golf Day
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 27-03-07, 13:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •