Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broadcasting for remainder of 2019 Rapid Rugby showcase series

Senior Player
    vCash

Broadcasting for remainder of 2019 Rapid Rugby showcase series

Righto, 2 showcase games have been played, with 12 more more to go. It seems 7 of those will be broadcast LIVE.

I'm okay with this. Looks like they're testing the waters overseas, so it's 5 non-Perth games + 2 Perth games to go LIVE.

So, to see tomorrow night's Force vs APDs matchup in full, you need to GO to the game at HBF Park!

On the air, everywhere!

April 11, 2019

• In Australia, national broadcaster SBS will offer seven more matches live and free right around the country on the SBS Viceland Channel, the SBS On Demand app and online via sbs.com.au. Plus, Australia's one-stop TV sporting shop, Fox Sports, will broadcast matches live and offer anytime viewing on the popular new Kayo streaming service.

• In Asia and the Pacific, the seven games will be broadcast live through Fox Sports Asia and Star Sports and its multitude of local channels that include coverage into China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Fiji, Nauru, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu, and Western Samoa.

• Fiji TV will broadcast live games featuring Fijian Latui
    • Sky NZ will carry the seven matches live into New Zealand
    • Live online coverage is available in all other regions via rapidrugby.com

Match highlights will be available in all locations on Rapid Rugby's social media channels and via rapidrugby.com

To launch the 2019 Global Rapid Rugby Showcase Australia's Western Force played home games in Perth against the World XV and the South China Tigers. As an example of the brand's appeal, SBS recorded an average viewer audience of 64,000.

... Read more: https://www.rapidrugby.com/on-the-air-everywhere/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kiap; 12-04-19 at 00:42.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hopefully the Force match in Tokyo against the Moondogs Wolfpack will also make it onto our screens.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Hopefully the Force match in Tokyo against the Moondogs Wolfpack will also make it onto our screens.
    Definitely. I dont really see the point of the Force playing it if it isnt the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Definitely. I dont really see the point of the Force playing it if it isnt the case.
    I'd have thought the point was to raise awareness of the GRR in Japan, possibly directly with the Sunwolves who might struggle to put together a SR side next year.

Let them know that if they put together a GRR side, then their 'B' team can play SR (eg, Japan U23s - great exposure for them, if they don't mind getting flogged, but SR's already cut them, so what more can they do?)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'd have thought the point was to raise awareness of the GRR in Japan, possibly directly with the Sunwolves who might struggle to put together a SR side next year.

Let them know that if they put together a GRR side, then their 'B' team can play SR (eg, Japan U23s - great exposure for them, if they don't mind getting flogged, but SR's already cut them, so what more can they do?)
    Seems like a strange point. Broadcasting the game to Force fans should be the top priority.

vCash
    Seems like a strange point. Broadcasting the game to Force fans should be the top priority.
    Broadcasting across all the nations should be a top priority, even just streaming it on their website gives fans from all locations the ability to view. From when I used to frequent G&G there were some people from over east interested.

Im disappointed, Im outta town and have no ability to be able to view the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Broadcasting across all the nations should be a top priority, even just streaming it on their website gives fans from all locations the ability to view. From when I used to frequent G&G there were some people from over east interested.

Im disappointed, Im outta town and have no ability to be able to view the game.
    Its the Force playing representing Western Australia. Ofcourse it should be broadcast in WA. No exceptions. Why should we care whether the rest of the world gets to see it? At the very minimum we fans should be able to see it. And yes you are correct, in a perfect world all the fans should be able to

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    My understanding is that EVERY game can be streamed here https://www.rapidrugby.com/watch/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    My understanding is that EVERY game can be streamed here https://www.rapidrugby.com/watch/
    Then why does it say tonights game wont be broadcast on the Western Force site. I would have thought they would have a note saying live stream available on Rapidrugby.com

I can see why the fans arent taking these games seriously. Rapidrugby and the organisers dont seem to be taking tonights game seriously either.

vCash
    AFL used to delay games in its home state to force fans to go to the game to watch. GRR tried this, but it didn't work.

In the UK many of the Premier League games aren't shown at all so that people go to the local games (both Premier League & club games) so perhaps the fact no one has bothered to rock up has bought this on. Come to the game or miss out. Simple. It's a bummer for those that want to go but commitments mean they can't but for those who sit on their butts not supporting the comp until now, well, come to the game, easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    AFL used to delay games in its home state to force fans to go to the game to watch. GRR tried this, but it didn't work.

In the UK many of the Premier League games aren't shown at all so that people go to the local games (both Premier League & club games) so perhaps the fact no one has bothered to rock up has bought this on. Come to the game or miss out. Simple. It's a bummer for those that want to go but commitments mean they can't but for those who sit on their butts not supporting the comp until now, well, come to the game, easy.
    No one is coming to tonights game. It looks like about 5-7k max right now. Probably less without the junior promotions.. It would have been a good idea to atleast provide a stream if broadcast options werent available. I wonder why the late start then if we arent clashing with Super Rugby?

vCash
    Its the Force playing representing Western Australia. Ofcourse it should be broadcast in WA. No exceptions. Why should we care whether the rest of the world gets to see it? At the very minimum we fans should be able to see it. And yes you are correct, in a perfect world all the fans should be able to
    Broadcasting to the rest of the world is a priority because the point of GRR (I thought) is to try and grow rugby in areas which are being ignored at the moment. Demanding WA sees the game but not caring about the rest of the world is an inward-looking philosophy of the type that RA is guilty of.

vCash
    No one is coming to tonights game. It looks like about 5-7k max right now. Probably less without the junior promotions.. It would have been a good idea to atleast provide a stream if broadcast options werent available. I wonder why the late start then if we arent clashing with Super Rugby?
    So if your children say they won't eat their veggies you'll give them desert anyway?

If people aren't coming, why would you decide to stream it anyway if that was actually the thought process? (Not saying it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Broadcasting to the rest of the world is a priority because the point of GRR (I thought) is to try and grow rugby in areas which are being ignored at the moment. Demanding WA sees the game but not caring about the rest of the world is an inward-looking philosophy of the type that RA is guilty of.
    No its not. Its perfectly normal. Most areas/countries broadcast their team first and foremost, if others want to buy up the broadcast rights then they can. This is why antisiphoning laws were introduced so people living in Australia or regions dont miss out by broadcasters hogging the feeds and not allowing the fans to watch. In this case it would be a travesty if the Force fans missed out.

vCash
    We will be clashing with Super Rugby if we kick-off any earlier. The Rebels - Stormers game kicks off at 19:45 Melbourne time, and given average delays a 80 minute rugby game can eaasily go for nearly 2 hours. Tonight's kick-off time of 19:45 is based on trying to avoid two games being played at the same time and a clash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast