Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JAPAN A vs Force April 27 2019

vCash
    Looks like a few people turned up too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Not a bad result against a national "A" team though.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Without tv coverage of some kind the fickle wa supporters will have disappeared by the time the Force come home!
    What happened to the Twitter streaming etc? It appears as though you would be better of as someone living o/s !
    I suppose that’s because it’s now an HK business and the can’t make money out of wa!
    If that’s the case and GRR takes off I wonder which team will Be the first to be dropped?
    Anything sound familiar?

Having withdrawal!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Some bloody cracking rugger played there. Not sure how we score so many tries and still get beaten?
    Possibly a give every one a run game?

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Some bloody cracking rugger played there. Not sure how we score so many tries and still get beaten?
    Possibly a give every one a run game?
    Who knows, without being able to watch it we wont be able to see. They could have atleast done a twitter feed for it or something so we could get a feel for the way the game played out.

I mean lets be serious here, its not often the Western Force get to play a nations representative team away in their backyard, if any game should have been broadcast then this game was it.

I also thought Sheikh was going to fly over and facebook live stream it for everyone because travelling all the way to Japan to watch a single game of rugby isnt a big deal apparently and us lazy fans need to get off our asses and get to the game live and stop expecting to watch our favourite team being broadcast on live TV or any TV or stream for that matter, I guess he was too lazy to get off his ass and didnt bother, fickle fairweather fan he is..

vCash
    I beg your pardon ...

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I beg your pardon ...
    You know exactly what I am talking about...

Thats the problem when you say stupid stuff on the internet, you are now on record.

vCash
    Yes, and I stand by what I said.

In the first instance I was responding to your post, which was suggesting that the broadcast of GRR to WA was a priority, and you didn't care if the rest of the world couldn't see it. I was saying that the broadcast of GRR to the rest of the world, was a priority, as we are trying to grow the game. I never said that WA shouldn't see the game - you can have two priorities.

In the second instance you asked me about instances of where the broadcast of a match is blacked out in the area of one of the match participants, as (presumably) you couldn't believe that this would happen. I pointed out that not only does it happen, it's quite common in America if the home side doesn't sell-out (or reach ~85% capacity sales) that the match is blacked-out in the home side's area.

Now I'm asking you, where, in anything I've ever written, did you manage to extract this:

Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I also thought Sheikh was going to fly over and facebook live stream it for everyone because travelling all the way to Japan to watch a single game of rugby isnt a big deal apparently and us lazy fans need to get off our asses and get to the game live and stop expecting to watch our favourite team being broadcast on live TV or any TV or stream for that matter, I guess he was too lazy to get off his ass and didnt bother, fickle fairweather fan he is..
    I think I'd like an apology, please.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    don't hold your breath

vCash
    Yes, and I stand by what I said.

In the first instance I was responding to your post, which was suggesting that the broadcast of GRR to WA was a priority, and you didn't care if the rest of the world couldn't see it. I was saying that the broadcast of GRR to the rest of the world, was a priority, as we are trying to grow the game. I never said that WA shouldn't see the game - you can have two priorities.

In the second instance you asked me about instances of where the broadcast of a match is blacked out in the area of one of the match participants, as (presumably) you couldn't believe that this would happen. I pointed out that not only does it happen, it's quite common in America if the home side doesn't sell-out (or reach ~85% capacity sales) that the match is blacked-out in the home side's area.

Now I'm asking you, where, in anything I've ever written, did you manage to extract this:

I think I'd like an apology, please.
    Clearly my first point is about the Force and the team from Western Australia, you deliberately went off on a tangent to make a seemingly futile point about GRR. Dont drag me into your nonsense.

The second point was again you going off in a nonsenical tangent and again refusing to answer the point. I asked when a team vs another team for you to tell me examples where one country doesnt get the broadcast and you answered it by comparing it to our local TV laws where they sometines choose not to broadcast it only when the stadium is full in that city. This is whilst we were having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves..

Now seeing its no big deal, wheres my facebook stream?

vCash
    At the risk of being dragged further into a ridiculous spat with you, we were not having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves. My response was to your response to Leo86's post about how he was not in Perth and couldn't see the Force vs APD game because of the TV black-out. At no point in the back-and-forth did you say you were changing the subject to the Force vs Sunwolves.

1. The Force currently play in the GRR. By talking about broadcasting Force games you must be talking about GRR. It's hardly a tangent. I think that Force games should be broadcast in WA, but the point about taking rugby to non-traditional rugby areas is that GRR is trying to raise the profile of the game. People in WA know about rugby (even if not enough of them!) Trying to preach the word of Rugby to the unconverted is what will grow the game, and if that means the broadcaster is forced, for whatever reason, into a decision between broadcasting to WA or non-rugby areas (assuming that 'and' isn't an option), then by all means broadcast into the non-rugby area. It's got a better chance of getting that area playing rugby than not showing the game to them.

2. How is what I said not answering your point? American TV areas are generally bigger broadcast markets than many individual countries. The fact that my answer didn't explicitly reference your question is by the by; I gave you an example of where it happens in far bigger markets, and why they do it to try and get more people along to the game (something which is another of your topics). I was directly refering to a potential reason why the Force vs APD wasn't being broadcast, because we'd not sold enough seats and they were employing the American model of not showing the game to try and force a greater attendance.

3. So, again, what in anything I posted led you to believe that I was going to go to Japan and facebook livestream the game for you? Or lead you to name calling. Do you understand the definition of defamation? You have communicated a false statement that harms my reputation. So, can you apologise, please?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sheikh; one of my Dad's go to sayings was "You can't educate a mug or put brains a pumpkin" (directed at yours truly more than once). I think I listened mostly.

These days he might have added "but you can use the ignore button" HTH. - or sue them.

vCash
    At the risk of being dragged further into a ridiculous spat with you, we were not having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves. My response was to your response to Leo86's post about how he was not in Perth and couldn't see the Force vs APD game because of the TV black-out. At no point in the back-and-forth did you say you were changing the subject to the Force vs Sunwolves.

1. The Force currently play in the GRR. By talking about broadcasting Force games you must be talking about GRR. It's hardly a tangent. I think that Force games should be broadcast in WA, but the point about taking rugby to non-traditional rugby areas is that GRR is trying to raise the profile of the game. People in WA know about rugby (even if not enough of them!) Trying to preach the word of Rugby to the unconverted is what will grow the game, and if that means the broadcaster is forced, for whatever reason, into a decision between broadcasting to WA or non-rugby areas (assuming that 'and' isn't an option), then by all means broadcast into the non-rugby area. It's got a better chance of getting that area playing rugby than not showing the game to them.

2. How is what I said not answering your point? American TV areas are generally bigger broadcast markets than many individual countries. The fact that my answer didn't explicitly reference your question is by the by; I gave you an example of where it happens in far bigger markets, and why they do it to try and get more people along to the game (something which is another of your topics). I was directly refering to a potential reason why the Force vs APD wasn't being broadcast, because we'd not sold enough seats and they were employing the American model of not showing the game to try and force a greater attendance.

3. So, again, what in anything I posted led you to believe that I was going to go to Japan and facebook livestream the game for you? Or lead you to name calling. Do you understand the definition of defamation? You have communicated a false statement that harms my reputation. So, can you apologise, please?
    Liar!

When you post moronic statements be prepared to be called on them.

Have a look at how the conversation really played out, the cheerleaders might not see through it but the rest of us clearly can!

I clearly responded to Kiap about the sunwolves, then you chimed in and embarssed yourself..

Evidence below, now apologise to me for trying to claim I defamed you, liar!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Spartan...give it a rest....if this was a pub discussion you would be face down in the ash tray by now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast