Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

Thread: JAPAN A vs Force April 27 2019

  1. #46
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    28000
    Looks like a few people turned up too.


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #47
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,677
    vCash
    5382000
    Not a bad result against a national "A" team though.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  3. #48
    Veteran SNOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bella Vista NSW temporary!
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    5096000
    Without tv coverage of some kind the fickle wa supporters will have disappeared by the time the Force come home!
    What happened to the Twitter streaming etc? It appears as though you would be better of as someone living o/s !
    I suppose thatís because itís now an HK business and the canít make money out of wa!
    If thatís the case and GRR takes off I wonder which team will Be the first to be dropped?
    Anything sound familiar?

    Having withdrawal!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

  4. #49
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    5424000

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #50
    Senior Player antiussentiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Noranda
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    5024000
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Some bloody cracking rugger played there. Not sure how we score so many tries and still get beaten?
    Possibly a give every one a run game?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

  6. #51
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    28000
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Some bloody cracking rugger played there. Not sure how we score so many tries and still get beaten?
    Possibly a give every one a run game?
    Who knows, without being able to watch it we wont be able to see. They could have atleast done a twitter feed for it or something so we could get a feel for the way the game played out.

    I mean lets be serious here, its not often the Western Force get to play a nations representative team away in their backyard, if any game should have been broadcast then this game was it.

    I also thought Sheikh was going to fly over and facebook live stream it for everyone because travelling all the way to Japan to watch a single game of rugby isnt a big deal apparently and us lazy fans need to get off our asses and get to the game live and stop expecting to watch our favourite team being broadcast on live TV or any TV or stream for that matter, I guess he was too lazy to get off his ass and didnt bother, fickle fairweather fan he is..

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #52
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,216
    vCash
    4000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    I beg your pardon ...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  8. #53
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    28000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I beg your pardon ...
    You know exactly what I am talking about...





    Thats the problem when you say stupid stuff on the internet, you are now on record.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #54
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,216
    vCash
    4000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Yes, and I stand by what I said.

    In the first instance I was responding to your post, which was suggesting that the broadcast of GRR to WA was a priority, and you didn't care if the rest of the world couldn't see it. I was saying that the broadcast of GRR to the rest of the world, was a priority, as we are trying to grow the game. I never said that WA shouldn't see the game - you can have two priorities.

    In the second instance you asked me about instances of where the broadcast of a match is blacked out in the area of one of the match participants, as (presumably) you couldn't believe that this would happen. I pointed out that not only does it happen, it's quite common in America if the home side doesn't sell-out (or reach ~85% capacity sales) that the match is blacked-out in the home side's area.

    Now I'm asking you, where, in anything I've ever written, did you manage to extract this:

    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I also thought Sheikh was going to fly over and facebook live stream it for everyone because travelling all the way to Japan to watch a single game of rugby isnt a big deal apparently and us lazy fans need to get off our asses and get to the game live and stop expecting to watch our favourite team being broadcast on live TV or any TV or stream for that matter, I guess he was too lazy to get off his ass and didnt bother, fickle fairweather fan he is..
    I think I'd like an apology, please.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  10. #55
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,442
    vCash
    5426000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    don't hold your breath

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #56
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    28000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Yes, and I stand by what I said.

    In the first instance I was responding to your post, which was suggesting that the broadcast of GRR to WA was a priority, and you didn't care if the rest of the world couldn't see it. I was saying that the broadcast of GRR to the rest of the world, was a priority, as we are trying to grow the game. I never said that WA shouldn't see the game - you can have two priorities.

    In the second instance you asked me about instances of where the broadcast of a match is blacked out in the area of one of the match participants, as (presumably) you couldn't believe that this would happen. I pointed out that not only does it happen, it's quite common in America if the home side doesn't sell-out (or reach ~85% capacity sales) that the match is blacked-out in the home side's area.

    Now I'm asking you, where, in anything I've ever written, did you manage to extract this:



    I think I'd like an apology, please.
    Clearly my first point is about the Force and the team from Western Australia, you deliberately went off on a tangent to make a seemingly futile point about GRR. Dont drag me into your nonsense.

    The second point was again you going off in a nonsenical tangent and again refusing to answer the point. I asked when a team vs another team for you to tell me examples where one country doesnt get the broadcast and you answered it by comparing it to our local TV laws where they sometines choose not to broadcast it only when the stadium is full in that city. This is whilst we were having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves..

    Now seeing its no big deal, wheres my facebook stream?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #57
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,216
    vCash
    4000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    At the risk of being dragged further into a ridiculous spat with you, we were not having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves. My response was to your response to Leo86's post about how he was not in Perth and couldn't see the Force vs APD game because of the TV black-out. At no point in the back-and-forth did you say you were changing the subject to the Force vs Sunwolves.

    1. The Force currently play in the GRR. By talking about broadcasting Force games you must be talking about GRR. It's hardly a tangent. I think that Force games should be broadcast in WA, but the point about taking rugby to non-traditional rugby areas is that GRR is trying to raise the profile of the game. People in WA know about rugby (even if not enough of them!) Trying to preach the word of Rugby to the unconverted is what will grow the game, and if that means the broadcaster is forced, for whatever reason, into a decision between broadcasting to WA or non-rugby areas (assuming that 'and' isn't an option), then by all means broadcast into the non-rugby area. It's got a better chance of getting that area playing rugby than not showing the game to them.

    2. How is what I said not answering your point? American TV areas are generally bigger broadcast markets than many individual countries. The fact that my answer didn't explicitly reference your question is by the by; I gave you an example of where it happens in far bigger markets, and why they do it to try and get more people along to the game (something which is another of your topics). I was directly refering to a potential reason why the Force vs APD wasn't being broadcast, because we'd not sold enough seats and they were employing the American model of not showing the game to try and force a greater attendance.

    3. So, again, what in anything I posted led you to believe that I was going to go to Japan and facebook livestream the game for you? Or lead you to name calling. Do you understand the definition of defamation? You have communicated a false statement that harms my reputation. So, can you apologise, please?

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  13. #58
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,734
    vCash
    5548000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Sheikh; one of my Dad's go to sayings was "You can't educate a mug or put brains a pumpkin" (directed at yours truly more than once). I think I listened mostly.

    These days he might have added "but you can use the ignore button" HTH. - or sue them.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #59
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    28000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    At the risk of being dragged further into a ridiculous spat with you, we were not having a conversation about the Force vs Sunwolves. My response was to your response to Leo86's post about how he was not in Perth and couldn't see the Force vs APD game because of the TV black-out. At no point in the back-and-forth did you say you were changing the subject to the Force vs Sunwolves.

    1. The Force currently play in the GRR. By talking about broadcasting Force games you must be talking about GRR. It's hardly a tangent. I think that Force games should be broadcast in WA, but the point about taking rugby to non-traditional rugby areas is that GRR is trying to raise the profile of the game. People in WA know about rugby (even if not enough of them!) Trying to preach the word of Rugby to the unconverted is what will grow the game, and if that means the broadcaster is forced, for whatever reason, into a decision between broadcasting to WA or non-rugby areas (assuming that 'and' isn't an option), then by all means broadcast into the non-rugby area. It's got a better chance of getting that area playing rugby than not showing the game to them.

    2. How is what I said not answering your point? American TV areas are generally bigger broadcast markets than many individual countries. The fact that my answer didn't explicitly reference your question is by the by; I gave you an example of where it happens in far bigger markets, and why they do it to try and get more people along to the game (something which is another of your topics). I was directly refering to a potential reason why the Force vs APD wasn't being broadcast, because we'd not sold enough seats and they were employing the American model of not showing the game to try and force a greater attendance.

    3. So, again, what in anything I posted led you to believe that I was going to go to Japan and facebook livestream the game for you? Or lead you to name calling. Do you understand the definition of defamation? You have communicated a false statement that harms my reputation. So, can you apologise, please?
    Liar!

    When you post moronic statements be prepared to be called on them.

    Have a look at how the conversation really played out, the cheerleaders might not see through it but the rest of us clearly can!

    I clearly responded to Kiap about the sunwolves, then you chimed in and embarssed yourself..

    Evidence below, now apologise to me for trying to claim I defamed you, liar!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #60
    Immortal Book Maker
    Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,175
    vCash
    27622000
    Tong Master Dry July! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Runner Up! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Spartan...give it a rest....if this was a pub discussion you would be face down in the ash tray by now.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Force v Crusaders 8th April 2016
    By travelling_gerry in forum Western Force
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 14-04-16, 19:32
  2. Japan to move 2019 World Cup final
    By jargan83 in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-07-15, 16:19
  3. Hurricanes v Force 19th April 2013
    By travelling_gerry in forum Western Force
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 22-04-13, 21:07
  4. Brumbies vs Force April 17
    By jargan83 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 31-03-11, 00:50
  5. England to host 2015 World Cup, Japan in 2019
    By travelling_gerry in forum Rugby World Cup
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30-07-09, 16:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •