Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Yep and the code of conduct is broken on a weekly basis across the country.
    Are HIGH LEVEL breaches done across the country on a daily basis though? Please give some examples of players vilifying 5% of the nation with hate speech whether its behind the pathetic defense of religion or not and doing it on a daily basis because last time I checked the actual law protects homosexuals similar to the way it protects people of colour. Domestic violence, drink driving, alcoholic confrontations etc are all isolated events that only include the victim and perpetrator. They dont set out to savagly discriminate against over 5% of our nation under some outdated guise of reading from a fairy tale from 2000 years back that gets modified and updated and totally changed throughout history to align with the times..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Ok Alan Jones.

Enjoy your interpretation of it all. But half the reason this country isnt moving forward is because of attitudes like yours. After the gay mariage vote it looks immenent that we as a nation are taking 3 steps backwards.

Alcoholics are entirely by choice. Whether you have a genetic predisposition to never put the bottle down is another story and highly debatable even in science as many people with that susposed gene drink and never become alcoholics in their entire lifes. Dont get me started how taking that first drink is a choice whether you become an alcoholic or not is irrelevent, the pathway people take to get there is entirely by choice.

But thanks for proving your age and how out of touch you are. I suspose you agreed with Folau's tremendously stupid suggestion that homosexuals be compared to drug addicts.. truely unbeleivable.
    Wow. You have an incredible ability to jump to the wrong conclusion with anything I post, haven't you?

I happen to hope that Folau himself burns in hell, as he surely will for judging others (it's his religion, not mine!)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, well. There you are, Mr Clyne.

"'This is bigger than Israel Folau': RA chair opens fire

The chairman of Rugby Australia says corporate sponsors and the state and federal government would have deserted the game if they hadn't sacked Israel Folau, accusing the star player of blatantly misrepresenting the facts in "soft ball PR interviews" with conservative media outlets.

In an interview with the Herald on Friday after settlement negotiations broke down between Rugby Australia and the footballer, paving the way for Folau to lodge an unlawful termination claim in the Federal Court, RA chairman Cameron Clyne opened fire on the sacked Wallaby.

Mr Clyne said the prospect of a drawn out court battle was a "painful" one for Australian rugby, but the alternative was worse if RA had not acted against Folau's Instagram post in April warning homosexuals, among other groups, were destined for hell.

"[The alternative] would be that we'd have no sponsors at all because no sponsor has indicated they would be willing to be associated with social media posts of that sort and that includes government, because we've also heard from them," he said.

"We would also potentially be in litigation with employees who are gay and who would say we're not providing a work place that is safe or respectful."

RA receives federal and state funding across different levels of the game.

Folau appeared on Alan Jones's Sky News show on Thursday night and claimed, in comments strongly refuted by RA, that he had been offered money to take down the offending Instagram post.

Mr Clyne said he still hoped to avoid a protracted legal battle.

"We've been open to [a mediated solution] from the get go but there's obviously two different perspectives on that," he said, referring to Folau rejecting RA's previous overtures.

"We are looking at it from the good of the game as a whole. No one is suggesting this is helpful but I would go back to Israel Folau's comments from last year when he said if it was hurting the game he'd walk away for the good of the game.

"Since this issue has emerged I've asked those who've said we should have taken a different response to suggest what that alternative was and so far no one has been able to do that.

"But to those who are saying you should bankrupt the game and allow religious freedom, well we do allow religious freedom but what we don't allow is disparagement and that's clear under [Folau's] contract."

In response to the former Wallaby's demands for an apology and an admission from RA he had been sacked because of his religion, Mr Clyne strongly defended RA's position.

"I'm not sure exactly what we're apologising for, I don't quite understand that request," he said.

"We've provided a player with opportunities and asked him to adhere to a contract and a generous one at that. Israel was not sacked for his religion, he was sacked for a breach of his contract."

Mr Clyne criticised Folau's camp for "blatant misrepresentation" of the facts.

"What is frustrating is that as the governing body we have a long term obligation to protect the integrity of the game, which means we have to play by the rules," he said.

"We've got a lot of people misrepresenting facts, or deliberately ignoring them, you've got soft ball PR interviews with blatant misrepresentations, but that's not the game we can play."

a bit more but I cbf copy/pasting it all.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Wow. You have an incredible ability to jump to the wrong conclusion with anything I post, haven't you?

I happen to hope that Folau himself burns in hell, as he surely will for judging others (it's his religion, not mine!)
    You are obviously not up to date on the latest ant-fuckwit technology Skeikh. perhaps you should give it a try. Works for me.

Name:  Ignore.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  55.7 KB

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yup, my blood pressure dropped, blood sugar stabilised, HDL went up and LDL went down, and most importantly libido went up.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You are obviously not up to date on the latest ant-fuckwit technology Skeikh. perhaps you should give it a try. Works for me.

Name:  Ignore.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  55.7 KB
    Works for me too

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    [SIZE=4]"What is frustrating is that as the governing body we have a long term obligation to protect the integrity of the game, which means we have to play by the rules," he said.
    There you go. Clyne finally admits that the few times in his life that he's been forced to play by the rules has been frustrating for him

C'mon the

vCash
    Great catch GIGS20. No need for the "frustrating" aside. Just reveals the true nature of the bloke

Funnily enough he then goes on with this gem:
    Quote Originally Posted by dickwad
    ..."We've got a lot of people misrepresenting facts, or deliberately ignoring them, you've got soft ball PR interviews with blatant misrepresentations, but that's not the game we can play."...
    Which is a perfect summation of his own performance with the Force fiasco

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There you go. Clyne finally admits that the few times in his life that he's been forced to play by the rules has been frustrating for him
    Uncle Cam talking about integrity is laughable. As for the state and federal Governments they are staying out of it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Are HIGH LEVEL breaches done across the country on a daily basis though? Please give some examples of players vilifying 5% of the nation with hate speech whether its behind the pathetic defense of religion or not and doing it on a daily basis because last time I checked the actual law protects homosexuals similar to the way it protects people of colour. Domestic violence, drink driving, alcoholic confrontations etc are all isolated events that only include the victim and perpetrator. They dont set out to savagly discriminate against over 5% of our nation under some outdated guise of reading from a fairy tale from 2000 years back that gets modified and updated and totally changed throughout history to align with the times..
    Tolu Latu committed a high level breach and got a slap on the wrist.

There are numerous breaches across the country mostly occurring at under age matches which the RA has a zero tolerance approach towards. Most of those offences are related to abuse of players and/or match officials.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Are HIGH LEVEL breaches done across the country on a daily basis though? blah blah
    Pissed and in charge of a vehicle while under suspension and gets what? 4 games? - not on a daily basis...
    Comments on a player while under suspension....yes....Refer Drew Mitchells twitter account...
    Announcing a player will have his contract removed even before his code of conduct hearing....yup

CONSISTENCY

vCash
    Uncle Cam should know, he’s the expert on misrepresentation of facts.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Indeed. I'm still breathtaken by the hypocrisy of Clyne making a statement about "blatantly misrepresenting the facts in soft ball PR interviews", in an interview with the SMH, then coming out with this gem..."no sponsor has indicated they would be willing to be associated with social media posts of that sort and that includes government, because we've also heard from them". And some journalist, whose job is supposedly the English language, just lets it slide right through...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Clyne is contradicting himself here. He says they had to get rid of Folau cause they were worried about sponsors, then said sponsors had nothing to do with it.

"because no sponsor has indicated they would be willing to be associated with social media posts of that sort"

Clyne also rubbished suggestions RA had been dictated to by sponsor Qantas. “That’s simply wrong. Sponsors have a right to associate themselves with a game they feel best represents their values, but it is absolute nonsense to suggest it was done at the behest of a sponsor,”

vCash
    I know Clyne can't lie straight in bed. But there is quite a difference between being mindful of your sponsors' standards and being ordered to take a certain course of action to comply with them - or else.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast