Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I wonder wther well see him in France pulling a sonny bill
    Isn't that the sort of behaviour he is warning against...?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Roar The NRL has already confirmed they will not allow any of their clubs to sign Folau, and he reportedly does not wish to pursue rugby opportunities overseas.

That could mean the end of Folau’s professional career if he is not successful in overturning Rugby Australia’s decision, although an opportunity with Andrew Forrest’s Global Rapid Rugby competition could be an outside chance."

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    The Roar The NRL has already confirmed they will not allow any of their clubs to sign Folau, and he reportedly does not wish to pursue rugby opportunities overseas.

That could mean the end of Folau’s professional career if he is not successful in overturning Rugby Australia’s decision, although an opportunity with Andrew Forrest’s Global Rapid Rugby competition could be an outside chance."

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    NO NO NO and NO. Not interested

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Not for the Force perhaps, but I wouldn't go expecting to dictate who plays for the other teams. Could easily see him in a Tongan or composite island team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Not for the Force perhaps, but I wouldn't go expecting to dictate who plays for the other teams. Could easily see him in a Tongan or composite island team.
    Other teams its their issue and choice, but as a member of the Force I hope not.

I think it would also degrade GRRs look

Player
    vCash
    Two contract technicalities reportedly leave Rugby Australia exposed to an Israel Folau legal threat.

With Folau and Rugby Australia (RA) headed for a bitter legal showdown, The Australian on Saturday reported two legal loopholes could force the governing body to backdown on its determination to terminate the controversial star’s reported $4 million, four-year contract.

Folau met RA chief executive Raelene Castle on Friday, with neither party backing down in a feud that has threatened to turn ugly.

Now, the Rugby Union Players’ Association has come to Folau’s defence, stressing the star remains an employee of R and is continuing to fulfil his contractual obligations.

The players’ representatives released a statement on Friday night stressing that Folau’s case must be “followed under the code of conduct”.

The Australian now reports that Folau will be armed with two legal loopholes up his sleeve should RA follow through with its publicly declared intent to sack the former NRL and AFL star.

The Australian’s Wayne Smith reports Folau and his management privately believe RA’s handling of his dismissal may not stand up in court.

Folau’s team, led by player agent Isaac Moses, will reportedly attack the seven-paragraph statement RA first issued in response to Folau’s Instagram post where the governing body indicated it was their intent to terminate Folau’s contract — before any mention of a code of conduct hearing.

It reportedly leaves RA exposed if Folau can successfully argue he was denied fair process by being denied the chance to defend himself in front of the RA board of directors before the decision was made to rip up his contract.

The same report claims Folau’s team will also consider attacking the clause in Folau’s contract that RA is using as grounds for his expected termination.

Folau’s new contract, signed in October, reportedly included a social media clause that would allow rugby bosses to sack him if he was found to have posted any further offensive material on social media following his initial attack on homosexuals last year, where he publicly stood against same sex marriage.

The players’ association now claims the social media clause may violate the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement signed between the players and RA.

RUPA claims, under the terms of the CBA, that “the only additional clauses that can be inserted into a standard player contract are those that are beneficial or potentially beneficial to the player”.

RUPA reportedly claims it was not aware of the clause’s existence when Folau signed his contract in October.

The grey area could leave RA needing to pay out Folau’s full four-year contract through to the end of the 2022 season in a similar trainwreck situation to the one which saw Quade Cooper paid out his full $600,000 contract for the Queensland Reds last year despite being exiled to play in Brisbane’s club rugby competition.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...9db89cc77a1326

vCash
    Rugby Australia can’t even sack someone properly

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    It seems RA have forgotten how to write contracts that stitch up the other party!
    They maybe waving goodbye to that fat profit they made from shafting The Force.
    I feel very sorry for them not!😂😂😂😀😀

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Brewery, piss-up, organise, ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Well that remains to be seen. Surely the standard player contract has to include code of conduct clauses including gross misconduct, Bringing the Game into Disrepute, etc. If he willingly signed the contract variation, it could possibly be seen as a written warning re social media commentary - which surely they served him with. Those clauses can, for workers generally under Employment Law , have fairly broad interpretation and even if unfair dismissal is found there is no guarantee of re-employment when a monetary settlement is made. Those amounts are often way below fair compensation too. Anyone know if The Fair Work Act covers the CBA like for the rest of the great unwashed?

Having said that, I think Folau has been naive and stupid. When you read his background story it's easy to see how his myopic view on these matters was arrived at - and he's entitled to hold them privately. He's reportedly a very humble person and I'm confused by some of the vitriolic comment he draws, even here. I'm far from convinced he should be thrown out of either of the games he loves to play basically for being stupid enough to get a second warning. People are generally not sacked for a first or second offense, except stealing or assault. There are remedies like hefty fines and suspensions, surely.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    RA really are hypocrites. They will let players get away with harassing women and dealing drugs but when it comes to someone posting a controversial tweet they must suddenly get the sack. Look I think what Folau posted was inappropriate and stupid but I think giving him the boot is way too much of an extreme punishment, especially as they have let players off for far worse things. And also lets not forget the 'high' moral and ethical standards RA themselves showed during the axing of the force.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well, I'm offended on behalf of all the atheists and fornicators! How dare he lump us in with the drunks!

WHAT HAS A FORNICATOR EVER DONE TO YOU?!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    WHAT HAS A FORNICATOR EVER DONE TO YOU?!
    You mean aside from the fornicating bit?

Cuddled me afterwards?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Jeez, common courtesy would have been to lie and engage in a bit of idolatory!

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast