Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

vCash
    Someone else who didn’t need money for a legal bill, but I wonder if she had a disclaimer stating the money could be used for anything not just legal action.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The ACL have apparently ended the Folau pledge drive (for now) $1 million short of Mr Money Bags request of $3 million.

vCash
    It appears the RA has been told by their legal team to arrange settlement.

The ACL fundraiser got paused at 2.2 million.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Where'd you read the RA settlement? None of the articles I've seen are reporting that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It appears the RA has been told by their legal team to arrange settlement.

The ACL fundraiser got paused at 2.2 million.
    Arrange it how? By paying him his $4million plus costs etc??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Arrange it how? By paying him his $4million plus costs etc??
    If they're being advised by the legals to settle, that would be cheaper than the $10 Mill he was looking for......I assume the rats have looked into the case and decided they won't win.

Izzy should screw them for every cent he can get, that way, rugby in Oz might actually get fixed!

C'mon the

vCash
    Rugby Australia offered him $1 million to walk away pre-code of conduct hearing. I'm going to assume he's not going to settle, especially with those ACL loonies in his ear now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Rugby Australia offered him $1 million to walk away pre-code of conduct hearing. I'm going to assume he's not going to settle, especially with those ACL loonies in his ear now.
    I think you might be surprised, I reckon he'll settle as long as the deal includes a public apology from Rugby Australia. The question will be is Clyne capable of losing face by making an apology in return for money.

I find that a really interesting question, because he's proven to be comfortable with doing almost anything for money, he's also proven to be an arrogant twat who won't admit hes wrong in the most extreme of circumstances.

I'd donate to Folau's fund just for a ticket to watch Clyne in person delivering the apology, that alone would be worth the price of admission!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Has Clyne made any statement on Folau since his post? It appears that Raylene is front and centre dealing with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Has Clyne made any statement on Folau since his post? It appears that Raylene is front and centre dealing with this.
    Clyne will make the important announcement, the narcissist in him won't be able to resist.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Clyne will make the important announcement, the narcissist in him won't be able to resist.
    Personally I think he's gone into hiding while Rome burns!

vCash
    When this goes south, as it will, Castle will be thrown under the bus, not Clyne

vCash
    Clyne’s as yellow as they come-only comes out from the money/junket trough occasionally before scurrying back into his hole. Apparently he doesn’t like confrontations (well that was the excuse given to Asic about why he let his assistant peel off millions from bank accounts).

vCash
    Israel Folau compared gay people to drug addicts, demanded an apology and said he felt “backed into a corner” by Rugby Australia in a defiant appearance on Sky News.

Speaking to Alan Jones and Peta Credlin on Sky News on Thursday night he said he’s looking for an apology, so he can get on with his sports career.

“It's been a very, very tough time for myself, Maria and our families over the past couple of weeks,” he said. “But, we’re holding up really strong and the support from the general public and those who are close to us has been amazing.”

He said his faith is the most important thing to him and it shapes every aspect of his life.

“My identity is founded by what’s written in that book,” he said. “It’s who I am and how I conduct myself every day.”

Jones then asked him how he felt about the criticism of his now-infamous social media posts.

“Look, the Bible and what I believe comes out of that is very important to me and, as a Christian, I believe it’s my duty to be able to share that and that’s part of who I am and what my purpose is,” he said.

He also claimed his social media message was one of love.

“It comes from a place of love and it’s certainly nothing personal,” he said.

“I can certainly see it from both sides. If I had a child who was a drug addict I would still love my child without anything attached to that,” he said.

He then said Rugby Australia offered him money to take the post down, but he said he couldn’t do that because of the strength of his faith.

Folau was told if he took down his controversial Instagram post which claimed “hell” awaited “drunks, homosexuals, adulterers” and others unless they repent, it would be deemed as remorseful and would have potentially downgraded his code of conduct breach from “high level” to a low or mid-level breach.

“I felt like I was backed into a corner, into a boundary where I had to agree to what they were asking, but in the end I couldn’t do it because my faith to me is what’s most important,” he said.

He also said he’s not surprised by the backlash, because he said it states in the Bible that believers would be met with resistance for expressing their views.

Introducing his guest, Jones said, “I know this man, he’s a gentle Polynesian Christian soul” and warned that “you or I could be next” as the debate over religious freedom in Australia intensifies.

“In court, you swear on the Bible to tell the truth, but don’t quote from the Bible or you’ll be sacked,” he said.

“We are in dangerous territory and thousands and thousands of Australians understand that, that’s why they’re giving money.”

He said Rugby Australia is spending money it should spend on grassroots sports to hire “the best lawyers in the country” to “humiliate” Folau.

Folau told Jones he believed his relationship with his Wallabies teammates was still strong, particularly those of Pacific Islander heritage, some of whom he claims share the same beliefs as him.

“They can totally understand where I’m coming from and why I’m sharing what I’m sharing,” he said.

On the criticism of his wife, Folau said: “She’s been dragged into this situation unexpectedly and it’s been very frustrating for her. I’m lucky she’s a strong woman and same as me, convicted by her faith.”

Jones said our politicians are running scared from the issue of religious freedom and, this morning, he urged listeners to support Folau — saying his anticipated legal dispute with Rugby Australia is “one of the defining cases of our time”.

Jones asked his guest what the most important thing was for him going forward, and Folau said he wants an apology from Rugby Australia.

“I’m hopeful for an apology from them and an admission that they were wrong,” he said. “That would be something I’d like to get.”

More here: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...4b2961b4784b2e

vCash
    Why bother arguing with a religious fanatic?

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast